What else

We are studying the questions in the booklet. Soon we will work on the writing and reading. What other questions can she expect during the interview?

My wife can now read and write 44 sentences, she has been listening to the CD Carl sent, she understands most of the questions, I will be reviewing the N-400 with her so she has a full understanding of it along with paperwork she will take with her to the interview. I will do mock interviews with her so she has the basic understanding of what the IO will be asking her. I also made flash cards off the computer so that she recognizes individual words included in the sentences.

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)

In Bing's case the IO stuck to the sample questions in the book. They don't have to although I haven't heard any reports of any doing otherwise. I would read the questions to her from the book and circled the ones she had trouble with.

• 2 weeks later...

Did they ask anything about tax returns and such?

Hey Mike- finally getting to the end of a hard rocky road with this process?

You may have seen this in another post concerning tax returns but.....

my wife's N-659 Naturalization check list states "An original IRS form 1722 listing tax information for the past three years (call IRS toll free at 1-800-829-1040) or copies of the income tax forms you filed for the past three years; and....".

I have seen someone here state that IRS no longer does Form 1722's but I will check myself shortly. I do NOT have any copies with legal standing as my tax guy files them electronically.

My thoughts on the tax returns requirement? STATUS OF AN ONGOING RELATIONSHIP can be very easily be deduced i.e., filing joint as opposed to filing seperately and having different addresses for either refunds or payment.

Yes the end is near. We have the copies of the tax returns, and we file ours electronically. We make copies when I send them, and we sign them and date them just like we were sending them in. We are also sending in copies of some of the paperwork that we sent in with the N-400, like the papers on the house, car insurance and medical insurance. Anything that will help prove relationship and common domicile, although I have heard that the interviewer rarely looks at the papers that are brought into the interview.