Starting to get worried

...Am I correct, the "Processing Timeframe" is a date where most cases are processed/completed/finished...I'm a little confused.
No, this is not entirely correct. As explained on the link dnoblett gave you, this date is only the Processing Date and it represents the Receipt Date of cases they are currently working on. And, it definitely has nothing to do with completed or finished! Do not confuse Processing Dates with their own 'working on it, on time' timeframes.
... Or the "Processing Timeframe" is, if your case/application is BEFORE Feb 26, 2008, is being looked/processed now. They have just started to process, if your case is BEFORE Feb 26. If it's after Feb 26, most like nobody has touch you file. It can be 7-8 months waiting for cases for Sep/Oct. ... I'm a little confused.
Look, they have Processing Dates and they have Time Frames. Yes, it's a time frame that it normally takes them to process a case. But, they don't call it a 'Process'. Look again at the first paragraph- "When applications and petitions are completed within our target timeframes, those timeframes will be shown (example: 3 months). If we are not meeting our target timeframes a date will be shown (example: April 16, 2008)."

When the Service Center Chart shows (# of months) then, they consider themselves on schedule. When a Date is listed it is the NOA Receipt Date of cases they have started. And, it means they are not working within their schedule (whatever that might be).

So, once again, they are working on Feb. You've got June. You are at least 4 months out. Worse, the on-line Vermont dates have been observed to go backwards!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=VSC

The site was updated but no change in I-130 processing dates.

Man, this is painful.

Just wait for NVC processing, and then the 3 month hold between NVC send to Consulate "Receive"

Just wait for NVC processing, and then the 3 month hold between NVC send to Consulate "Receive"

I'm sorry dnoblett, what are you saying here? Could you expand on this as I'm not understanding your meaning.

Thanks,

Once you make NOA2 (P2) USCIS sends to NVC, and in the case of CR-1 and IR-1 visas it can take a few months for it to process through there, with the I-864 fee, and DS-230 and Visa fee bill.

After that and it will sit for another 3 months after NVC sends to Gunagzhou before P-3 and P-4. 3 months hold then a month each for P3 to P4 and P4 to interview.

What I am saying is even after USCIS approves the petition you will be facing at least 6-7 more months dealing with Department of State and the consulate.

I'm sorry dnoblett, what are you saying here? Could you expand on this as I'm not understanding your meaning.

Thanks,

If Your Case Is Outside Our Current Processing Time

The processing times that we publish let you estimate how long it will take us to process cases filed before yours, and then process your case. However, every case is different and sometimes an individual case can take longer than average.

If you don't hear from us within the normal processing time, check for updated processing times on our website. If your case has a receipt number, use it to check on the status of your case at the same time. We recommend this action on your part because our notice may be on its way to you.

If at any point your case should become more than 30 days outside our normal processing time, and you haven't received a written decision or update from us within the last 60 days, you can help us by calling customer service and letting us know. We will research your case, see what needs to be done to get it processed, and get back to you with an explanation.

The extra 30 days is to allow time for any notice from us to reach you as we process your case.

Your case is within (thier) normal process. Working on Feb puts your filling later not before cases they are working on. Like others said you wont get much info from them at this time. We never could, just had to wait. Dnoblett got you on tract he is right on. Our noa2 for k3 i-130 took almost 8 months.

Edited by JingJoseph (see edit history)

I see, I guess I was over optimistic that it would take a year and be on time.

On a positive note your signature shows marriage 1 year ago, so depending on timing, if your interview happens around the time of your 2nd wedding anniversary if you wait and use the visa AFTER 2nd anniversary, make sure you make the POE officer know this fact if visa shows CR-1, and the resulting green-card will be the 10 year un-conditional type, like those who use an IR-1 visa to enter the USA. NO need to file an I-751 2 years after entry to remove conditions.

On a positive note your signature shows marriage 1 year ago, so depending on timing, if your interview happens around the time of your 2nd wedding anniversary if you wait and use the visa AFTER 2nd anniversary, make sure you make the POE officer know this fact if visa shows CR-1, and the resulting green-card will be the 10 year un-conditional type, like those who use an IR-1 visa to enter the USA. NO need to file an I-751 2 years after entry to remove conditions.

dnoblett, that sounds cool. Is there some documentation somewhere which supports that info?

dnoblett, that sounds cool. Is there some documentation somewhere which supports that info?

The rule is if married more than 2 years at time of obtaining LPR status (Green-Card issuance) the resulting card is un-conditional.

If married for more than 2 years before the visa interview the resulting visa will be IR-1 NOT CR-1, and again the resulting green-card will be un-conditional.

This comes up on occasion here VJ and other immigrations board.

It is USCIS that issues the green-card, and if resident since date is after 2nd wedding anniversary the couple will have meet the 2 year marriage requirement BEFORE permanent residency is granted then the resulting card is the UN-conditional kind. If for some reason USCIS issues a 2 years CR-Card in error, I would schedule an info pass and discuss this with an immigrations officer bringing evidence (Marriage Cert), more than likely would need to file an I-90 noting the ERROR and attach copies of the marriage cert showing marriage more than 2 years BEFORE the issue date on the green-card, no fee for filing an I-90 based on USCIS error.

Yes, but it's hard to find using a search. I found something close on the USCIS website -

Your permanent residence status will be conditional if it is based on a marriage that was less than two years old on the day you were given permanent residence.
It doesn't quite say that you WILL get the unconditional card, but they're all well aware of it AND you WILL.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

If you are past your 2nd wedding anniversary at the time your green card is awarded, it will be the 10 year unconditional card.

Wait a minute, I just thought of something. Even though I was married at that time (Sept 07) I didn't file until the next year in June. Because of my mother's death and everything surrounding that I didn't get the paperwork done until then so we're really just talking about 2nd anniversary and it doesn't matter when the initial filing took place, is that right?