Microsoft in China, Win XP,

Guest ShaQuaNew

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So are we saying machines that are used in vital services like transportation, hospitals, finance, ect. may get shut down.

Does MS have the power to shutdown a country? :rolleyes:

From what I've read, this isn't some new thing MS is springing on China at the last minute. They've been offering amnesty and other deals for at least three years. So I gotta believe entities like those you mentioned have already taken care of the situation. But...maybe not.

Guest ShaQuaNew

So are we saying machines that are used in vital services like transportation, hospitals, finance, ect. may get shut down.

From what I've read, this isn't some new thing MS is springing on China at the last minute. They've been offering amnesty and other deals for at least three years. So I gotta believe entities like those you mentioned have already taken care of the situation. But...maybe not.

Thanks for posting the article Dave. I was watching the news this AM with my wife, who was also doing the translation.

I don't think there is going to be any sky falling, or emergency services shut down. Most larger businesses and government have legitimate copies of the software. It looks like what will happen is the desktop will turn black and the machine will be denied updates. Many of the virus protection networks present a black icon after license expiration to alert users that while they still have software installed, that it's denied update ability.

For most Chinese, it would have been silly to buy a legit version, as the pirated versions were widely available for almost nothing. For those that remember several years back when software licenses in the US were more stringently tracked. Used to be that you could install your own software for the company you worked. Then, after the threats of lawsuits, most corporations removed the ability to install software from users and placed that function into the hands of IT.

This appears to be the first of a few wakeup calls to China about software piracy.

Thanks for posting the article Dave. I was watching the news this AM with my wife, who was also doing the translation.

I don't think there is going to be any sky falling, or emergency services shut down. Most larger businesses and government have legitimate copies of the software. It looks like what will happen is the desktop will turn black and the machine will be denied updates. Many of the virus protection networks present a black icon after license expiration to alert users that while they still have software installed, that it's denied update ability.

For most Chinese, it would have been silly to buy a legit version, as the pirated versions were widely available for almost nothing. For those that remember several years back when software licenses in the US were more stringently tracked. Used to be that you could install your own software for the company you worked. Then, after the threats of lawsuits, most corporations removed the ability to install software from users and placed that function into the hands of IT.

This appears to be the first of a few wakeup calls to China about software piracy.

yes... the moralist have to stand up and be counted :mellow:

Guest ShaQuaNew

:unsure: :angry: :lol: no body scared this.

you have to trust the pirate in China. they had found the solution. They will make the real Win XP blue screen if mirosoft irritate them <_< :rolleyes:

You're right Wendy. There are several reports that a few hackers have found a work-around to the dreaded Microsoft black screen. However, they don't realize that MS is already aware of this and will continually update the denials. This is not a single day event. They will continue to update as hackers work, in much the same way that virus / malware databases are updated.

:(

:angry: :lol: :( no body scared this.

you have to trust the pirate in China. they had found the solution. They will make the real Win XP blue screen if mirosoft irritate them <_< :rolleyes:

You're right Wendy. There are several reports that a few hackers have found a work-around to the dreaded Microsoft black screen. However, they don't realize that MS is already aware of this and will continually update the denials. This is not a single day event. They will continue to update as hackers work, in much the same way that virus / malware databases are updated.

:(

I use pirate xp at home :unsure: I have the legal real vista though. I don't like it...

Guest ShaQuaNew

If I am off CFL anyday in the near future. it means I am black screen by mirosoft. :rolleyes: otherwise i am safe.

will you think I am not a good person after I disclose I buy pirate products :unsure: <_<

Not in the least Miss Wendy. I keep all of my software right next to my DVDs.

:angry: