The Land of Gunpowder...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Today is just another fun day in Nanjing. Ahhh, the smell of gunpowder in the air, and the endless sea of fireworks popping away. Yet another Wedding celebration is going on in our community, as the people mill about wearing their pajamas as if they were casual clothing. In fact, that's exactly what they are here :lol:

Like most communities, we have our share of street markets and vegetable stands. Many who live in this community enjoy walking just about everywhere wearing their pajamas. Well, they are comfortable after all; nice cotton flannel, warm, and yes...casual. You gotta love it....

:)

Today is just another fun day in Nanjing. Ahhh, the smell of gunpowder in the air, and the endless sea of fireworks popping away. Yet another Wedding celebration is going on in our community, as the people mill about wearing their pajamas as if they were casual clothing. In fact, that's exactly what they are here <_<

Like most communities, we have our share of street markets and vegetable stands. Many who live in this community enjoy walking just about everywhere wearing their pajamas. Well, they are comfortable after all; nice cotton flannel, warm, and yes...casual. You gotta love it....

:lol:

Shootin' bottle rockets out yer ass again, Jesse? :blink:

If anyone can get high off gunpowder, it must be you. :lol:

What was the Japanese soldier taunt during WWII? Oh, yeah! "Go home Yank! Babe Roof suck!" :angry:

I have to admit that I am growing a bit envious of Jesse. Has anyone else noticed the change in his posts (a much calmer demeanor)?

Anyway, looks like Roger's going to have his hand's full trying to keep Jesse at bay and from overtaking him in post count. I say we should start an off line wager... :blink:

OK, back to the OP. I can relate to the PJs. Living in the Chinese community here in the US is about as close as I can come to experiencing what Jesse does now on a daily basis. As, my ESL students will often show up in their flannel PJs. :angry: I keep having dreams that some other student's would wear theirs too...like a little teddy or baby dolls. <_<

I have to admit that I am growing a bit envious of Jesse. Has anyone else noticed the change in his posts (a much calmer demeanor)?

Anyway, looks like Roger's going to have his hand's full trying to keep Jesse at bay and from overtaking him in post count. I say we should start an off line wager... :D

OK, back to the OP. I can relate to the PJs. Living in the Chinese community here in the US is about as close as I can come to experiencing what Jesse does now on a daily basis. As, my ESL students will often show up in their flannel PJs. :D I keep having dreams that some other student's would wear theirs too...like a little teddy or baby dolls. :P

Dennis, You dirty old man :D ........

What color :angry: do you prefer, huh.... out with it now.......

Guest ShaQuaNew

Anyway, looks like Roger's going to have his hand's full trying to keep Jesse at bay and from overtaking him in post count. I say we should start an off line wager... :D

OK, back to the OP. I can relate to the PJs. Living in the Chinese community here in the US is about as close as I can come to experiencing what Jesse does now on a daily basis. As, my ESL students will often show up in their flannel PJs. :P I keep having dreams that some other student's would wear theirs too...like a little teddy or baby dolls. :)

Life in general is calmer here. I guess it's rubbing off.

Dennis, you could always try buying a set of FM heels and flannel PJs for those "other" students. :ph34r:

Guest ShaQuaNew

Today is just another fun day in Nanjing. Ahhh, the smell of gunpowder in the air, and the endless sea of fireworks popping away. Yet another Wedding celebration is going on in our community, as the people mill about wearing their pajamas as if they were casual clothing. In fact, that's exactly what they are here :rolleyes:

:)

Shootin' bottle rockets out yer ass again, Jesse? :P

If anyone can get high off gunpowder, it must be you. :P

What was the Japanese soldier taunt during WWII? Oh, yeah! "Go home Yank! Babe Roof suck!" :lol:

So far, I haven't heard any taunts... :o Everyone has been very kind and go out of their way to be helpful. Americans are welcome in China, unlike many other countries. :)

Actually, the sound of rockets, and let's be clear, these ain't no bottle rockets, was okay the first several times. It is however an occurrence you can hear and witness several times a day. This morning, they were going off at 6:30AM. Lan hates it, and always says that it was illegal to do it in Shenzhen, unless you were having a wedding or special occasion.

My dream:

In my PJ's (I'll have to go buy me some), I lay out a whole 3 wheel truck load of marriage fireworks on a sidewalk in a downtown area....light the fuse, and RUN LIKE HELL...hoping they go off for days!!!

tsap seui

Anyway, looks like Roger's going to have his hand's full trying to keep Jesse at bay and from overtaking him in post count. I say we should start an off line wager... :)

OK, back to the OP. I can relate to the PJs. Living in the Chinese community here in the US is about as close as I can come to experiencing what Jesse does now on a daily basis. As, my ESL students will often show up in their flannel PJs. :rolleyes: I keep having dreams that some other student's would wear theirs too...like a little teddy or baby dolls. :o

Middle Kingdom... I thought that that was Jesse's turf now!

As far as PJ's and students Dennis, I would buy the the ladies some real nice teddy's for Chrstmas and the guys...buy them some ties and hope fully eveyone will show up wearing them. :lol:

Then you could take some pics and post them here for me to enjoy! :P

Anyway, looks like Roger's going to have his hand's full trying to keep Jesse at bay and from overtaking him in post count. I say we should start an off line wager... :)

OK, back to the OP. I can relate to the PJs. Living in the Chinese community here in the US is about as close as I can come to experiencing what Jesse does now on a daily basis. As, my ESL students will often show up in their flannel PJs. :rolleyes: I keep having dreams that some other student's would wear theirs too...like a little teddy or baby dolls. :o

As far as PJ's and students Dennis, I would buy the the ladies some real nice teddy's for Chrstmas and the guys...buy them some ties and hope fully eveyone will show up wearing them. :lol:

Then you could take some pics and post them here for me to enjoy! :)

You dirty old man :P , do you mind if I look over your shoulder? :P

Anyway, looks like Roger's going to have his hand's full trying to keep Jesse at bay and from overtaking him in post count. I say we should start an off line wager... ;)

OK, back to the OP. I can relate to the PJs. Living in the Chinese community here in the US is about as close as I can come to experiencing what Jesse does now on a daily basis. As, my ESL students will often show up in their flannel PJs. :D I keep having dreams that some other student's would wear theirs too...like a little teddy or baby dolls. :lol:

As far as PJ's and students Dennis, I would buy the the ladies some real nice teddy's for Chrstmas and the guys...buy them some ties and hope fully eveyone will show up wearing them. :D

Then you could take some pics and post them here for me to enjoy! :P

You dirty old man ;) , do you mind if I look over your shoulder? :D

The United Nations would call us "Observers" :lol: