Save money on Vaccinations

When my daughter and wife arrived from China, they had their immunizations (we were CR/1) but the hepatitus, varicella and mmr require multiple doses within a set timespan or you have to start over.

When I enrolled my daughter in high school, she needed some follow-up injections, so I called our doctor. Her office referred us to Passport health because the injections were children immunizations, and their office didn't carry the medicine. So I went down, paid 285$ and turned it into insurance who promptly rejected it.

Then my wife wanted to go to community college to train as a dental assistant. Now she needed the immunizations, so I prepared myself for another $300 expense.

Fortunately the college had a list of places to get the immunizations. The county health clinic was great. They ask if I had insurance, and I explained I did but it didn't cover immunizations for adults. That was enough for them to let us get our immunizations there.

The cost at the clinic was 10$ for office visit. All immunizations are free.

Even the yearly anti-virus injections are free (they ask for a donation).

I wanted to pass this on. It is ridiculous to pay $80 a shot when you could go to the clinic for free.

I tried to add this to the linked information from Lee Fisher but it wouldnt let me post.