My fiancee is here in the U.S. on a k-1. Her I-94 expires on 11/27/08 and our wedding date is set for 11/15/08. From what i understand from our county Hall of Records, we probably will not receive our marriage license until several days after the expiration on my fiancees I-94. Will this cause a problem when we file for AOS (which we will proceed with as soon as we receive our marriage license)?

Any and all advice is very much appreciated :)

As long as you marry within 90 days of her entering the country all will be well.

thanks for your input. I have another question regarding form I-693a for our AOS packet. When my fiancee had her exam in guangzhou (august 1, 2008) she was never given this form. What she did receive was a vaccination book that was signed off by the attending physician. I have read others speak about this form was put into the sealed envelope that we gave to the customs agents in los angeles (which of course we do not have now). I am confused. What do i send as this supplemental form when we forward our AOS forms?

As long as you marry within 90 days of her entering the country all will be well.

thanks for your input. I have another question regarding form I-693a for our AOS packet. When my fiancee had her exam in guangzhou (august 1, 2008) she was never given this form. What she did receive was a vaccination book that was signed off by the attending physician. I have read others speak about this form was put into the sealed envelope that we gave to the customs agents in los angeles (which of course we do not have now). I am confused. What do i send as this supplemental form when we forward our AOS forms?

the uscis now requires you to submit a i-693 form with just the vaccination section filed out by the cs. no new exam required.

read this thread for more info. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32841

Edited by dale7570 (see edit history)

The I-693-vac sup is something you have to get from a civil surgeon. USCIS has a list of them on their website. you need to take the vac book you have. The Dr will have the form. He will give you the I-993a form in a sealed envelope and give you an unsealed copy.