my wife is pushing for a baby

hi,

my wife is pushing me to have baby with her because her friends are having babies right now. she wants to experience the feeling of being a mother. i say its all good and positive thinking on our relationship. my part is we should wait. my point is the paper work for our baby in china. my wife's paper work is in the NVC stage now and i really dont want to start another paper trail for our baby. i rather wait until she is here with me since i want to be part of the child birth too and not 8500 miles away. any comments? :)

hi,

my wife is pushing me to have baby with her because her friends are having babies right now. she wants to experience the feeling of being a mother. i say its all good and positive thinking on our relationship. my part is we should wait. my point is the paper work for our baby in china. my wife's paper work is in the NVC stage now and i really dont want to start another paper trail for our baby. i rather wait until she is here with me since i want to be part of the child birth too and not 8500 miles away. any comments? :)

takes 9 months for baby, 5-6 from NVC :bop:

Just to repeat -

once the baby is born, can apply for almost-instant US Passport. Citizenship derives from either parent, but is easier (for you) to claim USA citizenship for the baby .

You'll need to get USA passport for the baby at a US Consulate/Embassy in China, and also get a Chinese Exit Stamp/Visa.

Take a read - http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/ne...gistration.html all of the important details for you, are listed there.

GOOD LUCK with the 'making the baby' process. Ask her to pay particular attention to her cycle. Personally I suggest at least 5 weeks of daily effort.

The best I can say is that you should do what your heart tells you to do. But make sure you think it through to the end. It is one of those hard things to deal with. She is seeing her friends have babies and she is feeling the need to do it also. It could also be her age that she is thinking about too. If you want her in the States before you have one let her know that you want to be there with for it and to make sure she is cared for.

I don't know if in China, is the father able to be at the birth of their child like here in the US. I saw both of my kids born and will never forget it. Sean was a true boy for sure, as soon as he was out in the cold operating room he took a pee. :P

Babies travel as in-laps, No extra cost. I believe that she can not travel when she is with in 6 weeks from due date, but can't remember for sure.

I already know that once we are married that we are having a baby. I didn't know that I had a choice :lol:

You always have a choice......

Now weather you make the right one or not is debatable at times....... :blink:

I say the decision is yours bro. Whether you can afford one is also your decision.

Me, I would wait because there are too many factors involved here.

The number one factor would be whether or not your guys are truly compatible. I would prefer to get to know each other and have some private space before adding another facet to the relationship.

Other questions that you may ask yourself are: Have you ever seen her around children before? Would she be a good mother? Who will help her when she is here and you guys have a baby. Does she have more than enough help in China now?

If she is young enough then no problem but if she is on the outer banks of her physical cycle and it gets more dangerous having a child then these are factors that you have to weigh in.

As far as if the baby is born here or there is no problem as others have stated. My wife took our son back to China and as long as they are under 3 years of age then its half price seating. Check with the airlines for lap babies though.

I say the decision is yours bro. Whether you can afford one is also your decision.

Me, I would wait because there are too many factors involved here.

The number one factor would be whether or not your guys are truly compatible. I would prefer to get to know each other and have some private space before adding another facet to the relationship.

Other questions that you may ask yourself are: Have you ever seen her around children before? Would she be a good mother? Who will help her when she is here and you guys have a baby. Does she have more than enough help in China now?

If she is young enough then no problem but if she is on the outer banks of her physical cycle and it gets more dangerous having a child then these are factors that you have to weigh in.

As far as if the baby is born here or there is no problem as others have stated. My wife took our son back to China and as long as they are under 3 years of age then its half price seating. Check with the airlines for lap babies though.

I am with URkidding on this. His advice is right on. It is best to wait. She will have a BIG transitions once she is in the US. I think the adjustment for her would be more stressful with a small baby.

My opinion is is best to wait until she has arrived USA. You never know what could happen, Always best to be with her every step of the way through the pregnancy as you do not want to miss even one second of it!

We have waited for over one year now , our interview is in 4 hours!

I pray for pink , her arrival, Marraige and then the Baby as I do not want to miss one second of the pregnancy. Of course , just my opinion.

my opinion is depending on her age would determine alot.

if shes young let her wait....

if her clock is ticking it could mean something else.

not even mentioning to be sure the right intentions are present.

too much to ponder to have us clowns make any decesion

good luck!!!