Camping out tonight for AOS filing

To do AOS filing at Boston JFK building, one must arrives early. The office will open at 7 AM but I (with my wife) plan to go there around 3:30 Am. I heard they only accept only 35 couples per day. Tonight is the day. At least the weather will be in the upper 50's and dry. I got the forms, documents and copies. Hope everything will be fine or else we have to do this again.

It sounds like you will probably be first in line. :lol:  :rolleyes:  :D

Good luck, and hey, good job being ready already.  What are you going to do to pass so much time?

Bobmal was there at 2:45 Am and there were 20 couples ahead of them. I will bring a sheet and just sit on the cement floor. We will probably talk to other couples during the long wait. This is a lot worst than the GZ interview.

It was a tiring experience but we did it and got the AOS appointment date to be 3/25/04. We got there at 3 AM. We were surprised to be the third couple in line. We set up a sheet on the floor next to the government building entrance. Then my wife and I slept on the floor. The first couple also did that but they placed newspapers on the floor. The second couple had chairs. It was a little chilly with the blowing wind (upper 50's) but it wasn't too bad. My wife said we were like homeless people sleeping on the floor. It was the 3rd time for the first couple. They got there too late the first time and they were missing I-94 form the second time. The second couple were also there twice before. Around 4 AM to 5 AM, 6 other couples came to the line. After 6 AM, there were over 100 people and all were standing. However, people were well-behaved (no cutting in line).

At 7 AM, the security guard opened the door and one after another entered metal detector. Once inside, the officer gave me a waiting ticket of 2004 (which means we were the fourth person for AOS filing). At 7:45AM, they called 2001 and then 2002 at counter 8. It took about 20 minutes for each couple. Another counter was opened and they called 2011. A third counter was opened and they called 2012. People (including me) with tickets lower than those numbers were not happy because we were in line earlier. No matter what we said, they said just wait for your number. Around 8:15 AM, counter 8 finally called our number. The officer was a supervisor and very nice. He took all the forms (I-485, G325A, I-864, I-765, I-94 slip form from my wife's passport, Notice of Action). I gave him three separate bank checks for finger prints, I-485, and EAD). I could have given him only one check. Also, he only took 1 set of photos for I-485. I had two sets made but they don't need the EAD photos. For EAD, they took photo of my wife and she received her EAD card today too. We were out of the building by 9:30 Am. Not too bad. She is scheduled to go there (different building) next week for her finger prints.

I am relieved. :rolleyes:

See Tony that was not so bad.  However, had you gone in around 7:00 am you would be going back again.  Temps in the 50's not bad when we filied in April, temps were in the 30's & 40's.

The fingerprinting is on Portland St.  You can pretty much go any day next week, good luck.

Bob,

Thanks for your help (also Enight, and Rob, Sandy). Compare to your wait, ours was easy. Sunrise was 6 AM today. Luckily the bagel shop next to the Burger King (opened at 6 AM) had restrooms. The wait wasn't too bad but I won't want to do it again.

hi Tony... congratulations! you got a interview date even had to got there that much early :)...

we haven't had our interview date yet... although we went for AOS at 6am in early June :P

CT is not as advanced as MA, MA also has many free language schools or training schools for new immigrants, CT doesn't have that much good service.

Here's our I-485 experience:

1. First mail attempt: RETURNED. Sent to a service center when I needed to send to a local field office.

2. Second mail attempt: RETURNED. Stated I had to add $50 to the $255 I wrote out for the fingerprinting. I didn't know I had to include it with the $255.

3. Third mail attempt: to be continued...

Here's our I-485 experience:

1. First mail attempt: RETURNED. Sent to a service center when I needed to send to a local field office.

2. Second mail attempt: RETURNED. Stated I had to add $50 to the $255 I wrote out for the fingerprinting. I didn't know I had to include it with the $255.

3. Third mail attempt: to be continued...

Again, it amazes me how different service centers have different rules. When we filed AOS, EAD, AP, we included money order for fingerprints. They sent it back saying that it was not needed. Figured we would have to pay it when we went for EAD appointment a couple of weeks ago. Nope. Told us again fingerprints were not needed. :)