EAD - I-751 Our Progress

Well Well Well, Hello everyone. Been a few months since I really been able to sit down and do an update. I guess this is a sign that I now, "HAVE A LIFE" lol

Anyway, we finally came up on our 3 year anniversery and had to file for the I-751 (Removal of Conditions) in which we submitted virtually everything we could think of on Sept 8th.

Items Submitted:

• Photos
  • Past 3 years of Taxes
  • Copies of all bills , Utilitiy bills showing both names
  • Legal Documents of us Buying Our New House, Showing Joint Ownership
  • Life Insurance Policies, showing one or the other as Beneficiary
  • Copies of 401 k's
  • Copies of IRA's
  • Copies of all credit Cards
  • Copies of SS Cards
  • Copies of ID's & Drivers Lisences, showing we shared the same address
  • Copies of Stocks and joint stocks owned by us
  • Copies of Home Owner's insurances, showing joint ownership
  • Copies of car Titles showing Joint ownerships
  • Copies of Checking & Savings Acounts showing Joint Addresses
  • Three Letters from friends and family staing their perceptions and proof of our marraige
  • Photos of our Moving into our new home, and photos of all of the renovations (in order), along with land scaping that we did (showing one or the other in the photos.
  • Photos of our past Christmases, her first experiances with Snow & Ice
  • Photos of her picking out new appliances for our home with the Sales guy & me
  • Copies of tickets to local events and visits to historical places, along with photos
  • Copies of photos of either her or I sleeping, or cute photos of either of us asleep with our dogs.

We then recieved her Bio appointment and attended that on October the 1st. When I checked the USCIS website, it states that they are schedualed to process the I-751's October 21, 2007 (VT Service Center) WTF??? I am guessing here that they are way behind schedual here? or Am I readign it wrong?

What kind to time can we expect to have to wait for her to get her 10 year? Do you think that we will have to go into the office for an interview or should we be expecting to just get the card?

Edited by jtaylo69 (see edit history)

Well Well Well, Hello everyone. Been a few months since I really been able to sit down and do an update. I guess this is a sign that I now, "HAVE A LIFE" lol

Anyway, we finally came up on our 3 year anniversery and had to file for the I-751 (Removal of Conditions) in which we submitted virtually everything we could think of on Sept 8th.

Items Submitted:

• Photos
  • Past 3 years of Taxes
  • Copies of all bills , Utilitiy bills showing both names
  • Legal Documents of us Buying Our New House, Showing Joint Ownership
  • Life Insurance Policies, showing one or the other as Beneficiary
  • Copies of 401 k's
  • Copies of IRA's
  • Copies of all credit Cards
  • Copies of SS Cards
  • Copies of ID's & Drivers Lisences, showing we shared the same address
  • Copies of Stocks and joint stocks owned by us
  • Copies of Home Owner's insurances, showing joint ownership
  • Copies of car Titles showing Joint ownerships
  • Copies of Checking & Savings Acounts showing Joint Addresses
  • Three Letters from friends and family staing their perceptions and proof of our marraige
  • Photos of our Moving into our new home, and photos of all of the renovations (in order), along with land scaping that we did (showing one or the other in the photos.
  • Photos of our past Christmases, her first experiances with Snow & Ice
  • Photos of her picking out new appliances for our home with the Sales guy & me
  • Copies of tickets to local events and visits to historical places, along with photos
  • Copies of photos of either her or I sleeping, or cute photos of either of us asleep with our dogs.

We then recieved her Bio appointment and attended that on October the 1st. When I checked the USCIS website, it states that they are schedualed to process the I-751's October 21, 2007 (VT Service Center) WTF??? I am guessing here that they are way behind schedual here? or Am I readign it wrong?

What kind to time can we expect to have to wait for her to get her 10 year? Do you think that we will have to go into the office for an interview or should we be expecting to just get the card?

i'm not sure about the timeline question, but most people receive the 10 yr. card without an interview. good luck!

Your list looks very good.

I-751 can take up to a year to process, the I-751 NOA1 receipt letter will extend LPR status for 1 year, and extends work auth, and allows re-entry from trips abroad, use the I-751 NOA1 and expired green-card for evidence of work auth, and for re-entry.

Most I-751 are approved without interview.

• 2 weeks later...

were your letters from family and friends sworn affidavits? We had an RFE because I didn't send any affidavits. even after I sent the affidavits with more evidence we still had to have an interview because two of the affidavits didn't have a phone #. Because both worked at the VA hospital I gave him the number there. He also asked about Ying's deceased son. The three posts below are a synops of the interview process we had to go through with the final SNAFU that we had to correct. Now we have it in writing that she was approved and will have her green card with in 30 days (now it is about 14 or so).

candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31906&hl=

candleforlove.com/forums/index. #420099

candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33216

If you get stuck with another impolite gov't employee you going to unleash Senator Dole on him again? I still rememder your story about that and still chuckle over that and say GOOD!

Edited by Carl (see edit history)
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, I know it's been a few months since i was on here and as usual, "Family Life" kind of things & still going giddy with her. Every day there is something new, and every day, she makes me laugh and all I can think of wanting to do is to curl up on the sofa & snuggle with a good moving.

To thisw date, it drives us nuts to be apart from the other for more than 6 hours and it's a sure bet, that if it surpasses that 6 hour mark, one of us is making a call to the other, just to hear the other's voice.

As for Sen. Dole, I guess I won't be able to contact her office after the first of the year as she lost in the elections. So, I guess I'll have to start scoping out my next villan to try & and get them to see what they can do to speed up the process.

I can not believe that looking at the VT processeing center, they are showing that they are only doing the Nov 2007 EAD. What in gods name are we paying these jokers for? This is down right BS. & trying to make a call to these morons, forget that. It seems I'd get better responce talking to a 5 year old.

I called them the other day for one of my wife's friends, who is also here on a K1and has already filed for the EAD as well. Her friend, is wanting to go back to China for at least 6 months, possibly a year to visit with family & try & help them with a new house that they are building. So when I called i kept getting the total run around as to just who might be able to answer that question, to if it would be ok, or would she need to return back to the States within 6 months in order to maintain her status, or just what was what?

As for the family over there, the Mrs finally heard from all of them, although most of them are still living in tents, awaiting assistance in rebuilding their homes. From what I am gathering, there is talk that more likely than not, most of those that lost their homes are just SOL. and will most likely end up living on the streets.

The Mrs & I are doing all that we can to send virtually every penny we have over there. Just last week we rented out a space at a local shop in hopes that she will be able to sell her Jade & my Rubies & Emeralds. The Mrs even has me taking her every weekend to the Flea Market to sell what ever extra that we have that we haven't used in the past year, just to be able to send them something in order to give them hope.

Unfortunately what we send isn't much, but I am sure that it is appriecated. They undersatand that due to the Job market and our location, I should count my lucky stars that I still have a job at Wally World and it's just enough to pay the bills. We were hoping to be able to go back over there later next year, but with everything going sky high, and jobs becoming only just a dream of the past, we figure that it's best if we can put it off another year. Like the Mrs said, it's been 4 years, what is one or 2 more? But I just eats at me inside, knowing just how I would feel if it were me instead of her.

Anyway, can anyone tell just how long she may have to wait for the VT center to process her EAD? I know that it could be a year, but, hey, why not toss on another brick to the piles of worries, Aye?

Thanks