Feeling Lucky and Pink

Today was scheduled interview. No need to bore with the usual stuff - no differences in morning queue, reception, fingerprints, and oath.

Let me back up - yesterday while I had updated I-134 and Evolution letter notarized at ACS -- I was asked a bunch of questions at the end of the notarization...-- that would normally have been asked to my fiance at the interview. Where did we meet, when did we meet, had she traveled to other countries, what was her job, what was I doing living in China (studying Mandarin), and several others. I then asked why I was being asked these questions - weren't they the ones that my SO was going to be asked at the interview. The nice young man (Mark) said -- I'm trying to help you with the interview tomorrow!

She arrived at the window for the interview. (there were 4 VO's conducting interviews) We had practiced to have - the Passports (2), pictures, I134, 2007 Income taxes, and new EVOLUTION Letter - spread across the counter - upside down as she greeted the VO. The interviewer was a Chinese-American woman about 27-30, who conducted the interview in Chinese. MY SO answerd all questions in ENGLISH.

1. Passports-reviewed.

2. I-134/Taxes/Evolution letter taken and reviewed by VO.

3. NEVER WANTED TO SEE PICTURES.

4. ALTHOUGH WE HAD A WHEELED CART FULL OF DOCUMENTATION - NOT ONE PIECE WAS ASKED FOR OR WAS SHE EVER PUT IN A POSITION WHERE SHE NEEDED IT.

5. MOST QUESTIONS REVOLVED AROUND my PREVIOUS 400-500 Marriages....she had to answer ...

A. Where do the ex- wives live?

B. What country are they citizens of?

C. Why were they divorced?

6. Why do you love him - he's twice your age?

7. How much money does your fiance give to you each month? (Ans: None - she owns her house, she owns her car -- and as many have said here before - owns means there is no BANK involved....I"M a kept man and at my age proud of it!!!!)

Pink was flashed - she made the post office arrangements and down at the coffee shop where I was dutifully DRINKING BEER. I know - it was only 11:00 - but I had gotten up at 5:00 AM....and her comes the mi mi -- Heniken -- First 1 - 50 RMB, 2nd one 15 RMB, just keep drinking to get your monies worth....the average price just keeps falling!.

Thanks to all the sage advice during the process - Hawaii Mike

Today was scheduled interview. No need to bore with the usual stuff - no differences in morning queue, reception, fingerprints, and oath.

Let me back up - yesterday while I had updated I-134 and Evolution letter notarized at ACS -- I was asked a bunch of questions at the end of the notarization...-- that would normally have been asked to my fiance at the interview. Where did we meet, when did we meet, had she traveled to other countries, what was her job, what was I doing living in China (studying Mandarin), and several others. I then asked why I was being asked these questions - weren't they the ones that my SO was going to be asked at the interview. The nice young man (Mark) said -- I'm trying to help you with the interview tomorrow!

She arrived at the window for the interview. (there were 4 VO's conducting interviews) We had practiced to have - the Passports (2), pictures, I134, 2007 Income taxes, and new EVOLUTION Letter - spread across the counter - upside down as she greeted the VO. The interviewer was a Chinese-American woman about 27-30, who conducted the interview in Chinese. MY SO answerd all questions in ENGLISH.

1. Passports-reviewed.

2. I-134/Taxes/Evolution letter taken and reviewed by VO.

3. NEVER WANTED TO SEE PICTURES.

4. ALTHOUGH WE HAD A WHEELED CART FULL OF DOCUMENTATION - NOT ONE PIECE WAS ASKED FOR OR WAS SHE EVER PUT IN A POSITION WHERE SHE NEEDED IT.

5. MOST QUESTIONS REVOLVED AROUND my PREVIOUS 400-500 Marriages....she had to answer ...

A. Where do the ex- wives live?

B. What country are they citizens of?

C. Why were they divorced?

6. Why do you love him - he's twice your age?

7. How much money does your fiance give to you each month? (Ans: None - she owns her house, she owns her car -- and as many have said here before - owns means there is no BANK involved....I"M a kept man and at my age proud of it!!!!)

Pink was flashed - she made the post office arrangements and down at the coffee shop where I was dutifully DRINKING BEER. I know - it was only 11:00 - but I had gotten up at 5:00 AM....and her comes the mi mi -- Heniken -- First 1 - 50 RMB, 2nd one 15 RMB, just keep drinking to get your monies worth....the average price just keeps falling!.

Thanks to all the sage advice during the process - Hawaii Mike

Congratulations and thanks for the excellent analysis

Richard