Christianity in China...

religion makes one a better person

Not necessarily, which is sorta my point. :rolleyes:

not necessarily......

point taken Dave.

i can only speak for myself.

I'm a better person for following Gods way.better,but not perfect...i was once a scumbag,now well.....1/2 a scumbag.and before i leave this planet,hopefully, only an 1/8 of a scumbag.

to each his own.

jimi

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike and Lily

Not necessarily, which is sorta my point. ;)

not necessarily......

point taken Dave.

I'm a better person for following Gods way.better,but not perfect...i was once a scumbag,now well.....1/2 a scumbag.and before i leave this planet,hopefully, only an 1/8 of a scumbag.

to each his own.

jimi

Let those without scum cast the first slimeball. :rolleyes:

Not necessarily, which is sorta my point. :P

not necessarily......

point taken Dave.

to each his own.

jimi

I'm as certain as I can be that you're grossly overstating your scumbagginess Jimi. :D

Not necessarily, which is sorta my point. :D

not necessarily......

point taken Dave.

to each his own.

jimi

there are many different ways that become can become either better or worse.. I would agree that religion is among the many ways...

Not necessarily, which is sorta my point. :)

not necessarily......

point taken Dave.

to each his own.

jimi

I'm as certain as I can be that you're grossly overstating your scumbagginess Jimi. :D

hahaha, yeah maybe a little :P unless you're to ask my ex-wife !!!!!!

This is a tough audience fer shure... :o

I'm only the messenger of god... :huh:

I am NOT starting my own religion in China... :sosad:

Okay look at my story...I an mow blissfully religion-free... :D But I was thoroughly indoctrinated for FOURTEEN YEARS by the Catholics...o I had a thorough grounding in ethics, a moral way of looking at things, etc...If you have only been taught the supremacy of the almighty...YUAN...you could believe it was just fine to screw anyone indiscriminately... :P in any way that beenfited you...Like charging laowei more for everything for instance...I WANT THE CHINESE PRICE... B)

http://www.economist.com/world/asia/displa...ory_id=12342509

I already know what you're thinking... :censor: What's a pagan like me doing talking about RELIGION??? :lol:

Lately with all the bad news about melamine, mine disasters, intentionally contaminated food, etc. I've been wondering if China doesn't need some kind of ethical/moral guidepost for its people. "To get rich is glorious" just doesn't cover all the bases of human behavior... B) There is Confuscianism and I have read of party efforts to promote it. But what seems to be taking hold much more quickly is Christianity...So here's an article from the widely respected Economist on the growth of Christianity in China...

Roger thanks for posting this. Glad to see your a messenger from God :D

Look if some of you guys knew of some of the trouble I have had and some others have had with their spouse, then you might appreciate the Christian influence that I think Rog is trying to get this thread pointed to. To not give any good credit where it is due just helps me see some short sightedness in your post. If our country did not have any Christian influence you would not expect some of the conduct that you do from others nor would you act the way that you do. Christianity has rubbed off on you whether you like it or not if your raised in America in out time period.

As much as I love the Chinese and would prefer to live there, I also have a problem with the unruliness that comes from not having some kind of basis or training to not cheat your fellow man. Corruption is rampant according to my wife and others here. Law enforcement does not motivate people to do good. There has to be some kind of inward motivation and it really helps a society if there is some kind of moral training.

We had the Golden Rule when I was in grade school.

OK so some of you have had bad experiences, or we can all read of governments who adopted state religions and went out and killed people to convert them to Christianity, when it was all corruption and greed. Those are not good examples and are as bad as radical Islam in many ways and not in others.

My wife will probably not join any church. But she regrets some things in her life and now is trying to learn about Christianity to give her some kind of guidance in the do's and don'ts she feels she never got from her parents and to help her teach her daughter. She fears organized religion because of what some guys did in China to control people in th name of Christianity and have them suicide. I certainly don't take her to a church with a preacher wearing Country and Western singer hair and that passes the plate for everyone to see if you drop some $$. Please excuse me if that offends, but I have a few bugs up my rear about some churches too. But even in those the people generally draw a line in their conduct that makes them better neighbors. They police themselves!!!! For some that is what it takes. All of us should owe some degree of gratitude for the moral training Christianity has brought this country and the FREEDOM to chose and not be forced, like so many were in South and Central America for instance.

Geese it's late. Did I lock another thread? :lol:

I already know what you're thinking... :blink: What's a pagan like me doing talking about RELIGION??? :ph34r:

Lately with all the bad news about melamine, mine disasters, intentionally contaminated food, etc. I've been wondering if China doesn't need some kind of ethical/moral guidepost for its people. "To get rich is glorious" just doesn't cover all the bases of human behavior... :unsure: There is Confuscianism and I have read of party efforts to promote it. But what seems to be taking hold much more quickly is Christianity...So here's an article from the widely respected Economist on the growth of Christianity in China...

Interesting article Rog. Thanks! Yes I believe Christianity is growing at a rapid rate in China. Of course one of the beliefs of Christians is to love one another and not harm others in any way, especially making a profit from it. :o The people that are knowingly poisoning other people are just plain evil. It boils down to just how much the Chinese government is going to limit the growth of Christianity there. The article mentions the Christians and the Communist are circling each other warily. :ph34r:

Will the spread of Christianity heal enough of these evil people to make a difference? Sad to say but definitely not in our lifetime (since our lifetimes are somewhat limited now :huh: ) But there is always hope for the future.

The quickest way to stop this food poisoning is for the Chinese government to do it.

Guest Mike and Lily

Chinese all becoming Christians??? Well, God help them if they do!!

Of course God will help them if they do. :ph34r: :unsure:

God help us all if they become Catholics.

I already know what you're thinking... :blink: What's a pagan like me doing talking about RELIGION??? :ph34r:

Lately with all the bad news about melamine, mine disasters, intentionally contaminated food, etc. I've been wondering if China doesn't need some kind of ethical/moral guidepost for its people. "To get rich is glorious" just doesn't cover all the bases of human behavior... :unsure: There is Confuscianism and I have read of party efforts to promote it. But what seems to be taking hold much more quickly is Christianity...So here's an article from the widely respected Economist on the growth of Christianity in China...

Roger thanks for posting this. Glad to see your a messenger from God :D

Look if some of you guys knew of some of the trouble I have had and some others have had with their spouse, then you might appreciate the Christian influence that I think Rog is trying to get this thread pointed to. To not give any good credit where it is due just helps me see some short sightedness in your post. If our country did not have any Christian influence you would not expect some of the conduct that you do from others nor would you act the way that you do. Christianity has rubbed off on you whether you like it or not if your raised in America in out time period.

As much as I love the Chinese and would prefer to live there, I also have a problem with the unruliness that comes from not having some kind of basis or training to not cheat your fellow man. Corruption is rampant according to my wife and others here. Law enforcement does not motivate people to do good. There has to be some kind of inward motivation and it really helps a society if there is some kind of moral training.

We had the Golden Rule when I was in grade school.

OK so some of you have had bad experiences, or we can all read of governments who adopted state religions and went out and killed people to convert them to Christianity, when it was all corruption and greed. Those are not good examples and are as bad as radical Islam in many ways and not in others.

My wife will probably not join any church. But she regrets some things in her life and now is trying to learn about Christianity to give her some kind of guidance in the do's and don'ts she feels she never got from her parents and to help her teach her daughter. She fears organized religion because of what some guys did in China to control people in th name of Christianity and have them suicide. I certainly don't take her to a church with a preacher wearing Country and Western singer hair and that passes the plate for everyone to see if you drop some $$. Please excuse me if that offends, but I have a few bugs up my rear about some churches too. But even in those the people generally draw a line in their conduct that makes them better neighbors. They police themselves!!!! For some that is what it takes. All of us should owe some degree of gratitude for the moral training Christianity has brought this country and the FREEDOM to chose and not be forced, like so many were in South and Central America for instance.

Geese it's late. Did I lock another thread? :lol:

Dougie has gotten right to my point (amazingly enough)... :huh: that in general religion gives people a basis for ethical behavior...I don't really give the proverbial rat's ass if it's Christianity or Buddhism or Confuscianism but they all impart a strong sense of what is right... :angel: and what is wrong.. :redmad:

Religion is NOT necessary to arrive at the conclusion that maybe it's a good thing to treat others the way you would like to be treated... :D :D

But don't you all think that China would be a kinder and gentler place if people did think and act that way... :unsure:

most chinese do not think religion (church) important, better just live by culture. :) very long history

I am NOT trying to push religion here Jin... :surprise: I greatly respect Chinese culture... :bounce8:

My whole point is that from where I sit many Chinese could use some ethics in their dealings with others... :D Look how would you feel if the next time you went to the market here in the US to buy groceries you were charged double... :surprise: And when you complained they said..."Well you're a foreigner"... :happydance: And I know I don't have to ask how you would feel if your baby was in the hospital because of the greed of others who have no regard for anyone else... :surprise: