PLEASE...PLEASE DON'T READ THIS LIST...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this cracks me up!! There probably are a bunch of Chinese reading an article of 50 food items that we eat here in US that have many harmful chemicals that we consume daily. Please do not ASSUME our famous FDA & USDA departments are on the ball. Do you know exactly what each of those printed chemicals are label on the packages you buy. Probably can't even properly pronounce them let alone know what they are. Referencing the oils that are tainted in China, the next time you eat something fried and the stomach is upset...it's probably not because you ate something fried...it was the oil used to fry your food. It was tainted, old or just not filtered properly. And in referencing our restaurants....well, being a professional chef for so many years ....if I told you half of what I saw done in the back of the kitchen, I'm positive you'll be thinking twice about dinning out. Even in the most upscale restaurants, (where I've have only worked). Anyway, my point is ...shit happens all over the world :) ..we Americans are not immune....so BON APPETITO!!! :)

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)

Now this cracks me up!! There probably are a bunch of Chinese reading an article of 50 food items that we eat here in US that have many harmful chemicals that we consume daily. Please do not ASSUME our famous FDA & USDA departments are on the ball. Do you know exactly what each of those printed chemicals are label on the packages you buy. Probably can't even properly pronounce them let alone know what they are. Referencing the oils that are tainted in China, the next time you eat something fried and the stomach is upset...it's probably not because you ate something fried...it was the oil used to fry your food. It was tainted, old or just not filtered properly. And in referencing our restaurants....well, being a professional chef for so many years ....if I told you half of what I saw done in the back of the kitchen, I'm positive you'll be thinking twice about dinning out. Even in the most upscale restaurants, (where I've have only worked). Anyway, my point is ...shit happens all over the world :blink: ..we Americans are not immune....so BON APPETITO!!! :blink:

I agree with you. There is no true guarantee of safety. E Coli thrives in all countries and oil will become rancid.

you'll be thinking twice about dinning out. Even in the most upscale restaurants, (where I've have only worked). Anyway, my point is ...shit happens all over the world :wub: ..we Americans are not immune....so BON APPETITO!!! :lol:

From what I've heard from people, it's ESPECIALLY the upscale restaurants where you wouldn't want to know what goes on in the Kitchen. ;)

:angry:http://i34.tinypic.com/2zxtsh5.gif :angry:

I am sorry to find this accidently. I dont know where to put it?

actually i am happy to find this

:lol: :o :crutch:

ANDREW... :angry: :yahoo: :yahoo:

seeing the picture is the happiest thing ever happen yesterday :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

sigh... :crutch: I guess that means I can't delete it... :lol:

:crutch:http://i34.tinypic.com/2zxtsh5.gif :crutch:

:roller: :roller: :roller:

ANDREW... :angry: :angry: :angry:

OPPPS!

at least its not the one with your picture on it...

Let's see if she can find that one! :ph34r:

Don't do it...My finger is on the button... :o

:crutch:http://i34.tinypic.com/2zxtsh5.gif :crutch:

:roller: :roller: :roller:

ANDREW... :angry: :angry: :angry:

OPPPS!

at least its not the one with your picture on it...

Let's see if she can find that one! :ph34r:

Don't do it...My finger is on the button... :o

Don't worry Wendy...

its not plugged in... :P

http://i35.tinypic.com/173hb9.jpg

Thanks for the information. Interesting that many perceived this as China-bashing and resorted to point out (similar, past & imagined) U.S. flaws, without even considering the merits of your information. Perhaps if your article was about Mexico, everyone would simply agree and pile on.

I'll also keep my head in the sand...until such time that I once again become violently ill, losing 15 pounds over the course of a week, from something I ate while visiting China.

Thanks for the information. Interesting that many perceived this as China-bashing and resorted to point out (similar, past & imagined) U.S. flaws, without even considering the merits of your information. Perhaps if your article was about Mexico, everyone would simply agree and pile on.

I'll also keep my head in the sand...until such time that I once again become violently ill, losing 15 pounds over the course of a week, from something I ate while visiting China.

Thanks for the comment... :D I couldn't agree more... :lol: I think the denial thingie is kind of a self-defense mechanism by some members... ;) If they deny that people get seriously ill by eating in China it will never happen to them... :plane: