Why did you decide to marry outside your culture?

Please refrain from American woman bashing. We not only have American woman members married to Chinese men but don't forget they are also your mothers, sisters, daughters, neices and cousins.

I agree, we should not bash American women as not all American women are the same. If I had married one like my mother and sister, we would not be having this conversation. The fact is, through no fault of the American lady, I some how got attracted to the wrong ones. They were opposite of my mother and sister. Out for themselves and no one else. There are many American ladies who have the right values, ideals and do what ever it takes to make the marriage work. The only problem is that now, in my age bracket all the good ones seem to be taken. So I had no choice, but to expand my horizons to international ladies.

My first area of dating international ladies was the Fomer Soviet Union countries, like Belarus and Ukraine. I even thought I found my fiancee, but was sadly mistaken. The Russian ladies seemed even worse than their American counterparts. Once I broke it off with the lady I met in Ukraine, I was depressed for a month thinking, man, I am destined to be alone the rest of my life. This sucks.

Then out of the blue, an aquaintance asks me what I thought about Asian women. Hmm, Japanese and Chinese ladies are quite beautiful. So I started searching for Asian dating sites. Got many responses from Phillipine ladies that were 20 something. Yeah, right, they were expressing their undying love for someone they haven't even met in their first email. So I searched the Chinese ladies profiles and ran accross my wife's profile. Sent her an email. Four months later I traveled to Nanning, we got engaged and as they say, the rest is history.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, tell me. All you intellectuals and just plain folk like me. I want to know why you decided to go marry someone in a foreign country who can hardly speak a lick of English and you can't speak any of their's.

Why in the hell can't you just find a good mate here in the USA and why in the hell do you have to go around the world to do this????

I just don't get it!

Oh, and Randy is not allowed to respond. :whistling:

3 American wives, 3 failed marriages, and NONE of them gave me the love and devotion in all of their combined years that xiaomin has given me in the first 3 months of our long distance, and one together-week,

relationship... Coincidence? I think not!

OK, tell me. All you intellectuals and just plain folk like me. I want to know why you decided to go marry someone in a foreign country who can hardly speak a lick of English and you can't speak any of their's.

Why in the hell can't you just find a good mate here in the USA and why in the hell do you have to go around the world to do this????

I just don't get it!

Oh, and Randy is not allowed to respond. :rolleyes:

I had 2 girl-friends who spoke 10 words of english managed to get some western guys hooked and stayed in marriage with them and even have built up families with kids!!! It stumped me too! Gosh, they must be unblievably GOOD somewhere, somehow!!!

Me and Jerry got caught in arguments few times within our 5 month relationship, and sometimes when i found myself at a loss of words, just wish he could speak Chinese, cause i was certainly at the end of my wit in English.

Well, if only we could design WHICH GUY TO FALL IN LOVE WITH!

May our love will prevail!!!

Edited by Jerry & xiaomin (see edit history)

re: Naysayers and what to say to them.

I've had naysayers, both friends and family. I don't count the ppl I don't know, as they seem to mostly not understand Chinese Culture at all.

But - to my 'personal' group of naysayers - I've always said to them - 'HEY - you remember about 3 and a half years ago, I told you I was serious about getting married again? I asked you for your help in finding me a suitable wife. You, O Cousin, failed me, miserably, with your match-making skills.'

But all in my 'group' are used to the idea now.

I have been a world traveler for several years. I have seen other cultures and it has opened my eyes to what is out there besides the USA. I was not looking for a Chinese woman but it just happened that way. So that is why in the heaven I found my wife. :dunno:

Same with me:

It was pure fate and circumstance that I met Li's family, and eventually her. I never intended to get married; I intended to travel extensively and live a carefree bachelor's life. Then, I met someone who I was much happier with than without. Who knew???