Work Holidays in China

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Well, here we have another holiday coming up in China next week, and that's right on the heels to the long Moon Day weekend we just had. This upcoming week, is the Chinese National Holiday, where most every business closes for the week; excluding retail business of course. To make up for it, most businesses have their people work this Saturday and Sunday. Not such a bad trade-off to get seven days in a row.

It seems that the US is one of the few countries in the world, that has a bit of a shortage on Holidays and long weekends.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Well, here we have another holiday coming up in China next week, and that's right on the heels to the long Moon Day weekend we just had. This upcoming week, is the Chinese National Holiday, where most every business closes for the week; excluding retail business of course. To make up for it, most businesses have their people work this Saturday and Sunday. Not such a bad trade-off to get seven days in a row.

It seems that the US is one of the few countries in the world, that has a bit of a shortage on Holidays and long weekends.

While we don't have the really long weekends in the US, we definitely have more public holidays than China.

In China they have a total of 9 days worth of holidays. We have more than that.

While we don't have the really long weekends in the US, we definitely have more public holidays than China.

And if you hang in there long enough at most US jobs you get lots of vacation time...As a gummint worker with 21 years on the job I get 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 5 comp days and 9 holidays every year... :bangin: Doesn't everybody??? :headbang:

Guest ShaQuaNew

And if you hang in there long enough at most US jobs you get lots of vacation time...As a gummint worker with 21 years on the job I get 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 5 comp days and 9 holidays every year... :bangin: Doesn't everybody??? :headbang:

Most US workers have been on their current job for less than five years; some by choice, but most probably not. Many are victims of cutbacks, layoffs, downsizing, and jobs being shipped offshore or overseas.

And if you hang in there long enough at most US jobs you get lots of vacation time...As a gummint worker with 21 years on the job I get 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 5 comp days and 9 holidays every year... :draw: Doesn't everybody??? :headbang:

Most US workers have been on their current job for less than five years; some by choice, but most probably not. Many are victims of cutbacks, layoffs, downsizing, and jobs being shipped offshore or overseas.

I know Jesse...Just trying some more "dark humor"... :bangin:

Guest ShaQuaNew

And if you hang in there long enough at most US jobs you get lots of vacation time...As a gummint worker with 21 years on the job I get 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 5 comp days and 9 holidays every year... :D Doesn't everybody??? :headbang:

I know Jesse...Just trying some more "dark humor"... :bangin:

That's why when I see your replies to my posts, I break out the...

:draw: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain:

And if you hang in there long enough at most US jobs you get lots of vacation time...As a gummint worker with 21 years on the job I get 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 5 comp days and 9 holidays every year... :draw: Doesn't everybody??? :headbang:

Cuzin' uNcA foGgiE, a lot of people don't get the option of "hanging in there long enough" with many american employers these dayz, very sad to say.

Now, an enterprising entrepreneur can take off, or work as many dayz as they choose...heck, they can even take 3 month vacations...if THEY choose.

I am glad you have had the privilage to start workin' early enough for Uncle that you will see out your retirement. :bangin:

tsap seui

And if you hang in there long enough at most US jobs you get lots of vacation time...As a gummint worker with 21 years on the job I get 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 5 comp days and 9 holidays every year... :D Doesn't everybody??? :lol:

I had the same amount my first year with current employer. :P

And if you hang in there long enough at most US jobs you get lots of vacation time...As a gummint worker with 21 years on the job I get 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 5 comp days and 9 holidays every year... :D Doesn't everybody??? :lol:

Cuzin' uNcA foGgiE, a lot of people don't get the option of "hanging in there long enough" with many american employers these dayz, very sad to say.

Now, an enterprising entrepreneur can take off, or work as many dayz as they choose...heck, they can even take 3 month vacations...if THEY choose.

I am glad you have had the privilage to start workin' early enough for Uncle that you will see out your retirement. :)

tsap seui

Tsap there are still a few things you may need to learn about being married to a CHINESE WOMAN... :o with a "freelance" husband she will have his "lazy ass" out there every day working... :D days off??? :P

And if you hang in there long enough at most US jobs you get lots of vacation time...As a gummint worker with 21 years on the job I get 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 5 comp days and 9 holidays every year... :P Doesn't everybody??? :lol:

I had the same amount my first year with current employer. :o

And a fully paid pension??? :D

Tsap there are still a few things you may need to learn about being married to a CHINESE WOMAN... :o with a "freelance" husband she will have his "lazy ass" out there every day working... :lol: days off??? :D

Cuzin' uNcA roGgiE, while there is still plenty of school housin' I needs to larn about Chinese Wimmin, this freelance ol' boy will be on a gubmit payroll when livin' in Chinatucky. :P My lazy ass will be kept workin'..so to speak, but it won't be for food, housing, or any other neccessities. :)

See ya over yonder.....

tsap seui

And if you hang in there long enough at most US jobs you get lots of vacation time...As a gummint worker with 21 years on the job I get 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 5 comp days and 9 holidays every year... :D Doesn't everybody??? :alldone:

No :(

NOW, this post is right on.