"Without money you are nothing..."

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very humbling. As much as we Americans learn about China here at Candle,from the trips we take there and even through our wives/husbands/fiancees, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to truly relate to what ordinary people like this woman face there on a daily basis.

We NEVER can Dave... :) As my wife always tells me...For you, a "rich" foreigner are shown a different face than Chinese are likely to show to each other... :D

Very humbling. As much as we Americans learn about China here at Candle,from the trips we take there and even through our wives/husbands/fiancees, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to truly relate to what ordinary people like this woman face there on a daily basis.

We NEVER can Dave... :) As my wife always tells me...For you, a "rich" foreigner are shown a different face than Chinese are likely to show to each other... :D

So true Rog. :D

This article could paint the reality in many, if not most, of the countries of the world.

Are there poor people all over the planet and do they therefore have a tough time of it??? Of course... B) I just would hope for a better China than the one I see...One that spends $40 billion to host the Olympics...more billions to win friends and influence countries all over the globe...and still much more for space and a huge military...while having 100s of millions of very poor people...sub-standard health care everywhere but the richest cities...and no safety net at all... :P

Guest Mike and Lily

This article could paint the reality in many, if not most, of the countries of the world.

Are there poor people all over the planet and do they therefore have a tough time of it??? Of course... B) I just would hope for a better China than the one I see...One that spends $40 billion to host the Olympics...more billions to win friends and influence countries all over the globe...and still much more for space and a huge military...while having 100s of millions of very poor people...sub-standard health care everywhere but the richest cities...and no safety net at all... :happybday:

That's one reason China (the country, not the people) is in such good shape economically. Basically, everyone is left to fend for themselves. No huge entitlement programs to weigh down the economy like we have. I would think that putting in programs like that for the amount of poor that China has (probably 300 million or more), would be a daunting prospect. China spent a lot on the olympics, space and the military, but they also spend heavily on infrastructure. (more than we do I think) I am sure they will do something eventually, but I don't think they are quite ready for providing that safety net yet for that number of people.

Are there poor people all over the planet and do they therefore have a tough time of it??? Of course... :doorscared: I just would hope for a better China than the one I see...One that spends $40 billion to host the Olympics...more billions to win friends and influence countries all over the globe...and still much more for space and a huge military...while having 100s of millions of very poor people...sub-standard health care everywhere but the richest cities...and no safety net at all... :surprise:

Sure, we'd all like to see a better China.

And a better USA. :eekout:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ShaQuaNew

I do believe that despite the sadness communicated in Roger's stories, that it's the poor people of the earth that truly do inherit the earth. There is something special that happens in their hearts and minds. It's not all about bitterness and going without. By American standards, my family growing up, was extremely poor. By Chinese standards however, we would have been considered quite rich. If you want to learn something about life, the best people to talk to are the poor.