The end of anonymity...

Yep - if they can get every internet connection worldwide to do that, then the packets would be traceable.

While you're at it, you can agree to put a tracking device in your Honda, so the police will always know where you are and how fast you are going.

Where did you get the information that I have a Honda??? :huh: :lol:

Guest ShaQuaNew

Hmmm ... the URL you cite is blocked by the firewall at my office ...

I can read the link fine from here, which surprises me.

As the world changes, the more chance offered for anyone to remain anonymous, gets less and less; and it should. By offering the public at large in any country the chance to be anonymous, invites those who would perpetrate crime to that same location. There is already more information in US databases about each and every American than ever before in history. Anonymity is not a legal right. It's just that technology is now progressing to the point that the chances of having it are greatly reduced. To me, that's a good thing.

I'm posting this because I found it BUT I know nothing about this stuff...You tech folks might or might not find this interesting... :lol:

I'm doing good just to get online at all but this sounds like it could end the use of proxies to access "sensitive" internet info from within China... :happydance:

http://angrychineseblogger.blog-city.com/

I can read the link here :lol: but company IT guy call me right after and warn me, you can't read Rogie's website. it is dirty and will destory our server :unsure:

Guest ShaQuaNew

I'm posting this because I found it BUT I know nothing about this stuff...You tech folks might or might not find this interesting... :D

I'm doing good just to get online at all but this sounds like it could end the use of proxies to access "sensitive" internet info from within China... :blink:

http://angrychineseblogger.blog-city.com/

I can read the link here :lol: but company IT guy call me right after and warn me, you can't read Rogie's website. it is dirty and will destory our server :Dah:

Well Roger; there you have it. Not only does Candle somehow magically belong to you, but you're solely responsible for making it dirty and destroying servers....

:o :lol: :D

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

As the world changes, the more chance offered for anyone to remain anonymous, gets less and less; and it should. By offering the public at large in any country the chance to be anonymous, invites those who would perpetrate crime to that same location. There is already more information in US databases about each and every American than ever before in history. Anonymity is not a legal right. It's just that technology is now progressing to the point that the chances of having it are greatly reduced. To me, that's a good thing.

This will not stop people from being anonymous, it will be done even if they put into effect the things they wrote about. The people that don't want to be seen and have the know how or the people with the know how won't be seen. What I'm saying is if one person can write a software program to trace the packets and what not, another can create a program or find holes in the first program to be anonymous. This is just the facts of life...... in computer programing and use......

Edited by Corbin (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

This will not stop people from being anonymous, it will be done even if they put into effect the things they wrote about. The people that don't want to be seen and have the know how or the people with the know how won't be seen. What I'm saying is if one person can write a software program to trace the packets and what not, another can create a program or find holes in the first program to be anonymous. This is just the facts of life...... in computer programing and use......

Anyone, anywhere, at any time that uses the internet to convey a message, can be traced. That too is a fact of life.

Extremely accurate.

People will always find a way to circumvent restrictions. Always.