How to turn an old house into a new one...

Laopo owns a house in the tiny Hunan village she is from (pop. 1.5 million)... :blink: She was working for one of those long gone government entities that provided a house for employees and when the whole shebang went private, employees were able to buy their house for very little. It was old and small and it shared an undividable entrance with the next "house". She had been renting it out ever since for the princely sum of 200 RMB/month. It did sit on very prime real estate however being right next to a river and about two blocks from the main city intersection. There were a series of these buildings and she was sure that some day a developer would come along and bulldoze the places and build new and she would get a house in the new development as compensation... :huh: I was never sure... :unsure: Were property rights strong enough in China to force that??? :ph34r:

Yes, of course, as always she was right and I was wrong... :bangin: She found out recently that the old complex will be razed. She will receive a 60 m2 "credit" on a new house for her old one which was only 50 m2. She will be paid 1000 RMB for "moving expenses" and 500 RMB/month for "living expenses" while the new buildings are being put up. If all of that was not enough she also can buy a house of any size using the 60 m2 credit and paying only the builder's ACTUAL COST for whatever new house she wishes. The new buildings will be 30 stories with the first 8 floors being commercial space and the rest apartments...Do I even need to mention we will be buying the largest, highest up apartment available??? And what of the renters??? It seems that renters rights are ZERO... :bye2:

Recently there has been some interest in buying hotel rooms in China by our members. For those planning on only being there part of the year it could make sense. We explored it and I did not think it was such a good deal. For starters do you suppose that the hotel developers are selling these rooms in their new hotel so that the room owners can make money??? :rolleyes: If you were building a hotel with it's much larger public spaces than a residential building who would you stick with more of those costs??? Yourself or the room owners??? :rotfl: How about the monthly maintenace costs for upkeep??? Yourself or the room owners??? How about when it comes to renting out rooms...Whose would you rent out first??? Yours or the room owners' ones??? :roller: And my final issue would be that I just don't want to live in a hotel room. In most cases you are not allowed to customize your space in any way or leave behind personal belongings. Life out of a suitcase is fine for traveling but not for our home... :lol:

Hey uncle Roggie Uncle Roggie!!! Did you see this?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32773

No little sister I never saw that... :wub:

And I WOULD NOT advise you to go to that forum anymore... :) There are a lot of bad boys who hang out there... :)

Justy look at the sullen smugness. Keep drifting back into modshipism eh? Well, politics are fine until you get bored with it. Been there, done that.

When your ready to join the rest of us are are outside playing.

So what? It took you till 60 to get over being 12? Well I grew up once. Didn't like it. :P

But we did buy the best mpg car for the criteria my wife had. Got to keep Lil Rock green you know. ;)

back to your topic. that is the practice of china, so if in case you read from somewhere that chinese government or the rich occupy people's home but do not give compensate. it is not normal.

I know this Wendy and I have seen it at work. In our Hainan town of Qionghai there was a bridge near a housing development we were looking at. The bridge went to an island in the middle of the Wanquan River and then ended... :angry: It seems that a house stood in the way of the road continuing and the owners were holding out for a better price from the government. Here in the US I know for sure that that house would have been long gone before they even started construction.

But in the past some members have fretted about their actual ownership rights in buying a property that is after all on a 70 year lease... :ph34r: But I think by now everyone's fears have been put to rest by our own member's experiences... :blink:

Hey uncle Roggie Uncle Roggie!!! Did you see this?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32773

No little sister I never saw that... :ph34r:

And I WOULD NOT advise you to go to that forum anymore... :( There are a lot of bad boys who hang out there... :angry:

Justy look at the sullen smugness. Keep drifting back into modshipism eh? Well, politics are fine until you get bored with it. Been there, done that.

When your ready to join the rest of us are are outside playing.

So what? It took you till 60 to get over being 12? Well I grew up once. Didn't like it. :P

But we did buy the best mpg car for the criteria my wife had. Got to keep Lil Rock green you know. :D

If you didn't buy a hybrid from the best auto manufacturer on the planet (HONDA)... :blink: I don't need to hear about it... :P