With K1 visa, now preparing for the next phase

That's great, thanks! I just have a few follow-up questions.

1. Which of these forms, if any, must be submit for K1 recipient?

2. I've been told that since we already had medical performed in Guangzhou, we only needed vaccinations records (I-693A). Any insight on that?

3. Is the G-325 form only needed for K1 recipient? Is it not exactly the same G-325 that was submit with the K1 P4 package? Could I simply just re-submit the same document?

Thanks,

Bill

1. please re-read this thread and you will see exactly what documents to sumit

2. please read this thread http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32841

3. you need to fill out a new one. her current address will be different as will the date she signs the form.

With regard to #1, yes, I realize the prior post was in answer to a K1, so my question #1 makes me appear dumber than I really am. It was a typo.

I meant to ask, which of these forms, if any, must be submit for a K2 recipient (7 year old son)?

With regards to #2 & #3, thank you.

Edited by Bill & Angel (see edit history)

With regard to #1, yes, I realize the prior post was in answer to a K1, so my question #1 makes me appear dumber than I really am. It was a typo.

I meant to ask, which of these forms, if any, must be submit for a K2 recipient (7 year old son)?

Yes an additional I-485 is prepared for the K-2, along with copies of evidence such as (marriage cert, copy of I-94, copy of passport pages, passport photos, copy of I-129F approval, etc,)

K-2 does not have to do a G-325A, if less that 14 years old.

K-2 can do an I-765 also if you want to get K-2 and EAD to use as ID, as well as to get the K-2 a SSN while waiting for green-card.

FEE for the K-2 will be $600 if less than 14 years old.

Only one I-864 needed just check box #9 and list the K-2 in section #9

That's great, thanks! I just have a few follow-up questions.

1. Which of these forms, if any, must be submit for K1 recipient?

2. I've been told that since we already had medical performed in Guangzhou, we only needed vaccinations records (I-693A). Any insight on that?

3. Is the G-325 form only needed for K1 recipient? Is it not exactly the same G-325 that was submit with the K1 P4 package? Could I simply just re-submit the same document?

Thanks,

Bill

1. please re-read this thread and you will see exactly what documents to sumit

2. please read this thread http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32841

3. you need to fill out a new one. her current address will be different as will the date she signs the form.

bill, sorry if i seemed a bit tough on you. i should have realized it was a typo. anyway, dnolett posted some good info as usual. take care.

• 5 months later...

As another follow-up to this issue, when paying for AOS on a K1 and K2, should I make the checks separate and attach each one to each I-485, or should I just make one check for both and attach to one of the I-485 forms (or to the cover letter)?

I'm seeing the negatives of both, which is why I've allowed this mole hill to become a mountain. If I only write one check, and they process the forms separately, they may decide I've overpaid on one, and did not pay on the other. On the other hand, if I include checks separately for both, maybe they will expect a single check for both, and not bother to look for the other check, and reject based on lack of payment.

Am I overthinking this?

What did others do who brought over a K1 and a K2?

Yes an additional I-485 is prepared for the K-2, along with copies of evidence such as (marriage cert, copy of I-94, copy of passport pages, passport photos, copy of I-129F approval, etc,)

K-2 does not have to do a G-325A, if less that 14 years old.

K-2 can do an I-765 also if you want to get K-2 and EAD to use as ID, as well as to get the K-2 a SSN while waiting for green-card.

FEE for the K-2 will be $600 if less than 14 years old.

Only one I-864 needed just check box #9 and list the K-2 in section #9

I am including one certified copy of our marriage certificate with my wife's (k1) I-485. Here, I just realized you mentioned a certified copy for the K2's I-485. Is that really needed for the K2?

All I know is what I did for the K-1. I sent two money orders. One for the I-485[along with the EAD, AP all the freebies concurrent :happybday:] and the balance for the bios. I think that one was $90. The logic was if there was a problem neither would delay the other, if you see what I mean.