What are you trying to find out? If you have your I-130 Notice of Action, you can enter the receipt Number into USCIS online system, this will tell you exactly what an operator will tell you, your petition has been with them a little over a month.

USCIS can take up to 6 months to process an I-130 though I have been seeing a few quick approvals lately.

Only number is 1-800-375-5283

What are you trying to find out? If you have your I-130 Notice of Action, you can enter the receipt Number into USCIS online system, this will tell you exactly what an operator will tell you, your petition has been with them a little over a month.

USCIS can take up to 6 months to process an I-130 though I have been seeing a few quick approvals lately.

Only number is 1-800-375-5283

I am trying to get an answer to a question that I posted to the board and have gotten a wide variety of answers so I am trying to get an answer from USCIS, but cannot seem to get around the voice mail merry go round

I tried to talk to a real person [about three years ago] once, and when I finally did wasn't satisfied. Just a thought, maybe try your local office. Even better if possible go there. I always punch the zero in those automated menu things. Sometimes it works, sometimes it'll kick you out.

I have researched the old methods listed on the site, but they have failed me. Has anyone recently be able to navigate the maze of the USCIS 800 number and spoken to a live person?

thanks

Jim

i have been able to talk to a live person at uscis in the past but i don't remember how i did it. i do remember being on hold for 30 minutes and getting worthless responses. if you can't find your answer here on cfl then you can try visa journey. if you still cant find it you could make an infopass appointment.

I have researched the old methods listed on the site, but they have failed me. Has anyone recently be able to navigate the maze of the USCIS 800 number and spoken to a live person?

thanks

Jim

Hi Jim,

I haven't used the phone system at USCIS for a while as we are past that, but I believe that I had to choose the menu option for change of address. Then you can talk to a live operator.

Good luck

I've called and talked to real humans 15 times in the last few months. Ya just call the number and punch buttons-the 'change of address is one way but not the best one. Next time I call I¡¯ll write down the sequence.

Problem is that one level one ALL they can do is look up your case on the 'puter (same info you can get). As for answering Q's--good luck. I have yet to get the correct answer from them.

Level two(talk to a real IO) is much better but almost impossible to get to. I've been there three time but it takes lot of persistence to get the level ones to transfer you--ya gotta be aggressive!!

thanks

Jim

Check out my signature (if the other response don't work)....though I'm not sure if they are still valid options.

Edited by mchina34 (see edit history)

thanks

Jim

Check out my signature (if the other response don't work)....though I'm not sure if they are still valid options.

Thanks for the info, I made an Info pass appointment and they answered my question

Edited by hopelives (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

I am trying to get an answer to a question that I posted to the board and have gotten a wide variety of answers so I am trying to get an answer from USCIS,

would that be the post about ring sizes :o :P

I never thought about calling USCIS for ring size information. Calling them might save you from having to take the ring back and get it resized.

NCSC number: 1-800-375-5283

on your keypad hit 1 for english.

Then, to reach the operator, hit: 2, 6, 2, 4

Now, wait for an operator.... :ph34r:

Sorry, but this method is now invalid. I just tried it and it doesn't work anymore. It used to work. I know the USCIS shakes things up to be unpredictable but this is the most evidential proof of this accusation I've seen. Someone needs to find another shortcut to avoid that annoying voice mail. Oh boy!, life goes on!...:unsure: