A reply from July request

"Dear Mr. Chen:

This is in response to your e-mail of July 11 to the Inspector General of

the U.S. Department of State regarding the fiancée visa case of Wu Li Ping.

We regret the delay in responding to you.

The Consulate General in Guangzhou has not yet received the file on your

fiancée's case. There is a good chance it is still in Chinese customs

awaiting customs clearance. The Chinese government recently stopped

treating courier shipments containing visa cases as diplomatic

correspondence and now requires that they be cleared by customs.

Unfortunately, this has added several weeks to the transit time for these

materials. The head of the immigrant visa section has asked the team that

will handle your fiancée's case to set up a provisional case and flag it for

action as soon as the file and petition are received. They will then

immediately send out the "Instruction Package for Immigrant Visa Applicants"

to Ms. Wu.

------

What does it mean by "provisional case"? B)

What does it mean by "provisional case"?   B)

It means that they are setting up a temporary or pending case until your petition is processed and then the provisional case becomes permanent. A case that is between being and not being but will be( if all goes well). I think that is a good sign! It has some status to it.

What does it mean by "provisional case"?  

This is the first time I've heard of Guangzhou setting up a provisional file. It is is a good sign for you. As suggested, a provisional file is set up in advance of the receipt of the paperwork from the US, but I really like the way tywy_99 put it: A case that is between being and not being but will be.

Thanks guys. My English sux as you guys know :( :(

My fiancee has been upset about our case. She was telling me that she don't think we will be together until June in next year.

I am very upset too. And, I am even more upset which I have to keep her optimized while I have the same feeling about this.

I miss her very much. And, I feel she does the same. But, we never say to each others how much we miss each others. We are much alike in some ways.... B) ;) :lol:

whoever, you are very lucky that the Inspector General even replied to you, but for him to contact GZ, this is a really positive step for you and maybe for all visas. Maybe this new relationship that China and the US is having about Korea is a good sign for everyone. I wish you luck with your visa.

WOW! A provisional case? Now THAT is moving a mountain. What you can tell your sweetheart is that the Inspector General carries a HUGE stick and lots of influence in the government business. I used to be one of em, and you never crossed up an IG investigation. Maybe your sweetheart could find someone else (another K1) there to talk to who is in a similar situation? That way she might understand that everyone waits, and that it is not your fault, nor is it just her. I was engaged in March of 2002, and we've been waiting per my time lines below...so hang in there and good luck, you'll do much bettter than we did.

I was told that they would open a provisional case for me back in July.. I faxed them my info and about a week later, I followed up. They told me that they weren't familiar with my case and that they could not confirm the receipt of my fax (nor deny.. they just told me that faxes are handled on a first-come-first-serve basis).. I followed up again, and got the boilerplate, "we have not yet received this file. It takes [some amount of time] for us to receive information from the NVC..." Considering my paperwork is awaiting clearance, I decided to just wait an extra week or two.. here are the two e-mail messages I received from gz:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry.  We have not received your file from the

Homeland Security Department (DHS). We normally receive fiancée visa

petitions between two to six months after INS has approved them. Once we

receive the petition, we will notify your fiancée by sending her an

instruction packet. You can expect three to five months between the time we

first receive a petition and schedule an interview. We can open a

provisional case for your fiancee.

Immigrant Visa Unit

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry. We do not receive your fax, because

faxes/letters/cases we receive a lot everyday, we need to deal with it in

order. So maybe we received your fax, but we have not checked it. Otherwise

We have not received Ms. Cai Yun's file from the Department of

Homeland Security (DHS). We normally receive fiancée visa petitions between

two to six months after DHS has approved them. Once we receive the petition,

we will notify your fiancée by sending her an instruction packet.

Immigrant Visa Unit

My fiancee understands that our case will take time. But, she thought it will take much longer than I expected. Because I had told her that the whole process should take about 6-8 months, and 10 months at the longest when I started the process in December 2002.

Now, she thinks it would take longer. She had tried to call GZ. All she got, was no case received yet.

So, I am here to do all I can. I have my Congressman working on it too. They say they will send a formal intake on my case if I received nothing by November. They say GZ will have to give some real reasons why the case would take that long.