Black List?

i gave my b¨¤ba a real nice utility knife the last time i was over there with the insignia of the company i work for engraved on the side. it was a really nice tool with all the gadgets.

anyways he loved it.

he travels back and forth from the south all the time so one of the trips he had it in his carry on.

yes he forgot it, he told the officers that it was important because his son in law gave it to him and that he really didnt want to loose it.

they wrote down all the information and he went on his way.

when he got back into beijing he went back to the counter and got his knife back.

Now that's something that would never happen in the US. :) :o

Alright sort of off topic, but this is a story for how silly airport security can be.

The setting Chicago O'Hare Airport about 4 weeks after 9-11. Our airports were still being protected by (I hate to say this) the National Guard with LIVE ammo. I never felt more unsafe in my life.

Anyway there was this old guy (like 80 years old), trying to get on a plane from Chicago to New York City Our brave security folks found a object in his pocket that was pointed, almost like a ninja throwing star, but smaller. They kept asking him what the object was and he kept telling the guards and the National Guard folks to just turn it over and read it. That would explain what it was.

Well to make a long story short the man finally let them keep the object and headed off to New York.

What was the object? Well the man had been invited to speak to the cadets at West Point. The object he had to surrender was his Medal of Honor he had won in the closing days of World War II.

The reason he kept telling them to read the back because it had his name, the date along with the fact this was presented to him by President Truman hand inscribed on the back of it.

Luckily the folks who picked him up took this seriously and were able to get his medal retrieved from the trash at the security check point before the thing went to the landfill.

OK I know off topic, but just goes to show you what security at the airports are like!!!!

I threw away most of the medals they gave me for flying combat in Vietnam...guess I'm safe to keep flyin' the friendly skies :o

I did put one of my air medals for combat flight time in my checked in luggage so I could give it to my fiancee's father as a gift from my heart.

It made it all the way to Chinatucky and now sits with all his Chairman Mao buttons and pins from the sixties.

tsap seui

I think tsap will enjoy this one...

Last time flying out of Beijing I waited as long as I could before saying goodbye to my sweetheart so I was feeling a little rushed through security, etc. I had done the onebag.com thing and was careful to have all my liquids in "legal" containers and they all passed muster leaving NY.

Security was "manned" by 5 attractive Chinese females. They apparently had a problem with a liquid of a personal nature, :) even though it was in an original container of less then 3 oz. They removed it from my ziplock and 3 of the girls on the backend of the line discussed it for several minutes. Then They called over a 4th girl to discuss it further, while I'm sweating, mainly because I'm cutting it close on time.

Mind you, an entire security line at Beijing is now at a standstill over this slippery situation. As I looked back at the people delayed in the line, the women looked pissed and the men looked like they were trying not to laugh at the 4 pretty Chinese ladies huddled around my tiny bottle of clear liquid, deep in conversation. Finally the 5th young lady who was helping people load the belt came over to see what the delay was. Finally, after some more discussion, they finally broke the huddle and formed a line, with the young lady in the center holding my little bottle like she was the company spokesmodel with all eyes suspiciously fixed on me.

Obviously concerned about what my intentions were in carrying this dangerous item, the spokesmodel said, "We think you can't take this on plane." The 5 of them looked so serious that I had to take a deep breath to keep from laughing and the guy right behind me let out a little chuckle. (thanks, buddy) The 4 other girls flanking her all nodded and made "en" sounds to show their unanimity in this important security decision.

I said, "No problem! You keep!" They all nodded again with another "en!" The spokesmodel said in a very serious tone, "Yes! We keep." Then my tiny bottle was placed, not in the trash but in a place of honor next to the CRT by the scanner so that all could see the dangerous contraband that was being confiscated by this crack team!

If you came through Beijing the same day, maybe you saw it there! A monument to the safety of air travel!

And you know what, I don't care if you find my story on Scopes! It really happened to me! :roller:

From a 11/22/06 post of mine:

I get to the screening at the airport where there was a problem with my coat. They kept screening it over and over. In one of my side pockets there is a small hole, where a drywall nail fell through (remodeling downstairs per laopo's directions). So I think I am done, no, still a problem now they find a un-used bullet. Oh no, Midnight Express,Midnight Express,Midnight Express. Security comes takes me away, main man was smart realized it not made in China, I told them I had found it on the ground near a store(really I did) and had forgotten about it. They had me sign papers, copied my passport and let me go. moral of story do like your mom says and always have clean underwear on.

Been back to China a few more times w/no problems.

Alright sort of off topic, but this is a story for how silly airport security can be.

The setting Chicago O'Hare Airport about 4 weeks after 9-11. Our airports were still being protected by (I hate to say this) the National Guard with LIVE ammo. I never felt more unsafe in my life.

Anyway there was this old guy (like 80 years old), trying to get on a plane from Chicago to New York City Our brave security folks found a object in his pocket that was pointed, almost like a ninja throwing star, but smaller. They kept asking him what the object was and he kept telling the guards and the National Guard folks to just turn it over and read it. That would explain what it was.

Well to make a long story short the man finally let them keep the object and headed off to New York.

What was the object? Well the man had been invited to speak to the cadets at West Point. The object he had to surrender was his Medal of Honor he had won in the closing days of World War II.

The reason he kept telling them to read the back because it had his name, the date along with the fact this was presented to him by President Truman hand inscribed on the back of it.

Luckily the folks who picked him up took this seriously and were able to get his medal retrieved from the trash at the security check point before the thing went to the landfill.

OK I know off topic, but just goes to show you what security at the airports are like!!!!

I threw away most of the medals they gave me for flying combat in Vietnam...guess I'm safe to keep flyin' the friendly skies :blink:

I did put one of my air medals for combat flight time in my checked in luggage so I could give it to my fiancee's father as a gift from my heart.

It made it all the way to Chinatucky and now sits with all his Chairman Mao buttons and pins from the sixties.

tsap seui

I think tsap will enjoy this one...

Last time flying out of Beijing I waited as long as I could before saying goodbye to my sweetheart so I was feeling a little rushed through security, etc. I had done the onebag.com thing and was careful to have all my liquids in "legal" containers and they all passed muster leaving NY.

Security was "manned" by 5 attractive Chinese females. They apparently had a problem with a liquid of a personal nature, :lol: even though it was in an original container of less then 3 oz. They removed it from my ziplock and 3 of the girls on the backend of the line discussed it for several minutes. Then They called over a 4th girl to discuss it further, while I'm sweating, mainly because I'm cutting it close on time.

Mind you, an entire security line at Beijing is now at a standstill over this slippery situation. As I looked back at the people delayed in the line, the women looked pissed and the men looked like they were trying not to laugh at the 4 pretty Chinese ladies huddled around my tiny bottle of clear liquid, deep in conversation. Finally the 5th young lady who was helping people load the belt came over to see what the delay was. Finally, after some more discussion, they finally broke the huddle and formed a line, with the young lady in the center holding my little bottle like she was the company spokesmodel with all eyes suspiciously fixed on me.

Obviously concerned about what my intentions were in carrying this dangerous item, the spokesmodel said, "We think you can't take this on plane." The 5 of them looked so serious that I had to take a deep breath to keep from laughing and the guy right behind me let out a little chuckle. (thanks, buddy) The 4 other girls flanking her all nodded and made "en" sounds to show their unanimity in this important security decision.

I said, "No problem! You keep!" They all nodded again with another "en!" The spokesmodel said in a very serious tone, "Yes! We keep." Then my tiny bottle was placed, not in the trash but in a place of honor next to the CRT by the scanner so that all could see the dangerous contraband that was being confiscated by this crack team!

If you came through Beijing the same day, maybe you saw it there! A monument to the safety of air travel!

And you know what, I don't care if you find my story on Scopes! It really happened to me! :lol:

Doc, there probably is no help for you. :lol: Just eat an apple and call me in the morning.

Anyone with erections lasting more than 4 hours...call Joe.

tsap seui

upon returning home from visiting my lady in march 2007 at the end of the china new year, was unpacking and empying out my pockets....had a shirt style jacket i was wearing....emptied out the top pockets and found about a dozen very nice firecrackers....hahahahaha....funny now, but i am sure would have been no laughing matter if had been found B)