EAD card taking so slow

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AmyAndDoug:

Exactly what i've been told from uscis when i called them! First time they said just wait for another month, and comes with a couple of weeks and finally they said there is nothing they or i can do except waiting! So do not trust those people! They are liars. I heard some people said even you have a lawyer who is not really can help you that much.

Edited by bla (see edit history)

AmyAndDoug:

Exactly what i've been told from uscis when i called them! First time they said just wait for another month, and comes with a couple of weeks and finally they said there is nothing they or i can do except waiting! So do not trust those people! They are liars. I heard some people said even you have a lawyer who is not really can help you that much.

hmm....BAD :partytime2:

I think I'm still going to make an infopass appointment and see what will happen (whether they'll give me a temporary EAD card or give me nothing).

But first of all, I can't figure out on the USCIS website how to make an infopass appointment. Can anybody help?!! Thanks in advance!

hmm....BAD :lol:

I think I'm still going to make an infopass appointment and see what will happen (whether they'll give me a temporary EAD card or give me nothing).

But first of all, I can't figure out on the USCIS website how to make an infopass appointment. Can anybody help?!! Thanks in advance!

Start here: http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Kind of makes you wish you had not done K-3 and just file I-130 only for CR-1 visa, NO dealing with USCIS for EAD or Green-card, CR-1 has the benefit of immediate green-card upon entry, NO waiting for USCIS processing of EAD/Green-Card.

And a savings of $1010 for AOS. :lol:

You need to offset that by the $470 NVC fees for CR-1, but yes CR-1 costs less.

K-3:

I-130: $355

I-129F: NONE

Consulate: $131

AOS: $1010

($1496)

CR-1

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

I opted for K1 because (from everything I've read and been told) it would get her here faster than any other process. That was always my top priority: End the forced separation as quickly as possible.

Whether I got good info or not, whether I was right or wrong. Thank god she's here. I'd gladly pay a couple grand (or whatever) for any extra time with her.

Kind of makes you wish you had not done K-3 and just file I-130 only for CR-1 visa, NO dealing with USCIS for EAD or Green-card, CR-1 has the benefit of immediate green-card upon entry, NO waiting for USCIS processing of EAD/Green-Card.

And a savings of $1010 for AOS. :unsure:

You need to offset that by the $470 NVC fees for CR-1, but yes CR-1 costs less.

K-3:

I-129F: NONE

Consulate: $131

AOS: $1010

($1496)

CR-1

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

I opted for K1 because (from everything I've read and been told) it would get her here faster than any other process. That was always my top priority: End the forced separation as quickly as possible.

Whether I got good info or not, whether I was right or wrong. Thank god she's here. I'd gladly pay a couple grand (or whatever) for any extra time with her.

Amen!

We did K-1 for the same reason.

However comparing K-3 to CR-1, the savings tends to be 2-3 months the amount of time that it can take to get EAD.

K-3 was originally developed at a time when CR-1 was taking YEARS to process, this is no longer the case, NVC has streamlined their process to the point where K-3 is no longer the time saver that it use to be.

Using statistics from the 10 most recent interviewed at GUZ

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...na&dfile=No (CR-1 Ave 395 Days)

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...na&dfile=No (K-3 Ave 307 Days)

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...na&dfile=No (K-1 ave 297 Days)

Thanks a lot! =)

one more question: Do I have to go to the field office in the state that I filed my case? For example, our permanent address is in NJ, that's the address for my case. But we're currently living in New York City. It'll be closer if I go to the field office in NYC (there is one) instead of the one in Newark, NJ. Does it matter?

Thanks a lot! =)

one more question: Do I have to go to the field office in the state that I filed my case? For example, our permanent address is in NJ, that's the address for my case. But we're currently living in New York City. It'll be closer if I go to the field office in NYC (there is one) instead of the one in Newark, NJ. Does it matter?

I don't think it matters, you are going to the office to ask questions and have someone look into the matter, the EAD is being processed in Missouri so one office or the other should be fine.

I called USCIS again yesterday, and they said even though they're still using my original application date (5/29) and not my initial evidence receipt date (7/21), the National Benefit Center is still processing April applications, and asked me to wait for another 30 days. I don't think they'll give me a temporary EAD card at infopass, but I'll go anyway on 10/10 just to see what will happen...