Anyone whose files were sent out from NVC around May 7th?

Our files were sent out on May 7th. DHL website says it was signed and received on Aug 1st. Called today but consulate still hasn't recorded our case into the computer system yet. Wondering what is taking so long! We have prepared all the papers in june, such as I-134, Letter of intent, etc.. would they ever get expired then?

Anyone on the same boat?

Relax.....the P3 typically comes 3-4 months after sent from NVC. Disregard what DHL says, it has no real meaning. Some are faster than others and we have no control over this. You should be hearing something within the next month. If not then you can get your Congressman to inquire.

Good luck!!

don't worry about your petition expiring coz the consulate routinely extends the petitions at the interview.

Sorry.. I actually refered to the interview documents, not the documents the consulate has. I think I read somewhere that one can get blue when their I-134 is more than 3 months old... We have all of our papers notarized in June.. if that's the case.. most likely we have to redo them.. is that so?

thanks!!

don't worry about your petition expiring coz the consulate routinely extends the petitions at the interview.

Sorry.. I actually refered to the interview documents, not the documents the consulate has. I think I read somewhere that one can get blue when their I-134 is more than 3 months old... We have all of our papers notarized in June.. if that's the case.. most likely we have to redo them.. is that so?

thanks!!

yes the consulate prefers that the financial papers be fresh as possible. i'm not sure what guz considers too old but its safe to have them 3 months old or less. good luck at your interview. think pink!

Our files were sent out on May 7th. DHL website says it was signed and received on Aug 1st. Called today but consulate still hasn't recorded our case into the computer system yet. Wondering what is taking so long! We have prepared all the papers in june, such as I-134, Letter of intent, etc.. would they ever get expired then?

Anyone on the same boat?

If any of this process had some ryhme or reason to it,some pattern to go by,i would say "worry"but there is no standard to any of this "visa journey",so no sense worrying(easier said than done).It wil eventually get entered into the computer. My file was sent june 19th,and i believe it was august 12th Guz recieved according to DHL website,August 15th Guz mailed the P3 to my wife,as of today,she hasn't recieved,but she should soon....as we all know,all you can do is wait.,wait,and wait some more.

jimi

Anyone on the same boat?

Hey All,

I am in an older boat, and i'm a bit worried. Our files were send April 9th, but they still say they have not recieved them. I was told initially it might get stuck in customs and could take anywhere from 60 to 120 days before GUZ recieves it. Now the DOS tells me it usually takes up to six months... what gives?! I'm worried, and of course getting more than a little frustrated. Any advice?

Also, the DOS told me that if GUZ hadn't recieved our hard file after six months they would use the e-file. Anybody heard of that?

Thanks

judorex, sorry to hear about your situation.

maybe u should call GUZ instead of DOS. we've been calling both and got the feeling the GUZ is more helpful. For example, DOS told us GUZ has not received ours while GUZ said they haven't loaded the info to the computer.. GUZ also told us if we don't get P3 4 months after it was mailed, we can contact them for a specific inquiry.

To contact GUZ, u will need to buy that phone card though. I think it is 54rmb for 12mins.

We're in the same boat.. :headbang:

I was told on August 13th that the files were finally received and processes, and ready to be sent out. Still no P3 as of today. GUZ email told me on August 19th that the P3 was already on its way, and to wait about 2 weeks. Well, 2 semi-different stories, but with possibility time lapse in the details..haha

I am calling the DOS tomorrow morning, because its not bad, and pretty accurate for me. Besides, I spoke to so many of them within the last 3 wks, they all remember my voice, and get right to saying "Hi Erik" hahaha

Funny...but patience patience patience...

We even call EMS and ask if they received our package..somehow my fiance found the tracking number... hahaha amazing!

Peace,

Erik

What ever happened to the first in first out policy? From the git go that is what your are told about how things will be processed, but when you look at the time lines, you can see that "it ain't so" :blink: Oh well, another day to practice patience (Ohmmmmm)

One thing to keep in mind is just because you haven't heard any news doesn't mean that the case is not being processed. Some cases are more difficult than others, therefore the longer wait.

Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks E&S for the reply. we actually tried to buy the phone time for calling GUZ a few weeks ago but didn't get a pin until two days ago! i'll be calling them tomorrow and post what they say.

in case anyone is wondering what GUZ's pay call service said it went something like this:

me: it's been over five months since our package was sent out from DOS, can you give me any information?

them: oh really?! usually you should recieve something in 60 to 120 days. you should contact GUZ.

me: aren't YOU GUZ?!?!

them: no, we are in Shanghai, I can only see what is in the computer.

me: can you give me a number in GUZ i can call?

them: no, that number is not listed.

me: so... how am I supposed to contact them?

them: I can give you a fax number!

so, i faxed them, but never heard anything. that was over a week ago. i also used their online form to email an inquiry, but got a very brief response that didn't address any of my questions. poop. any thoughts? anyone?