be careful with your money in guz

I think a simple "Don't trust ANYONE with your valuables when travelling ANYWHERE" would suffice without impugning the reputation of the Yangs or questioning the judgement of the OP.

i agree with you 100% as that was my reason for starting this post. i tried to leave some things open because there is no hard core proof, only heavy circumstantial evidence.

I had no idea that Mr. Yang spoke only a little English. My husband who is a Chinese Citizen speaks only a little Chinese too, as he was raised in another country and just recently returned back to China for this petition.

Sigh... I think the best solution is just my husband and I closely go over the kitchen sink and double check the documents ourselves.

Guest WenDylan

I think ALL of the 4 and 5 star hotels say clearly somewhere in the room..."MANAGEMENT NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VALUABLES LEFT IN THE ROOM." Common sense tells you this also. Common sense also should tell you that who knows WHO has keys to a hotel room. How many keys are there to those rooms?

I think that rule applies at the Super 8 too, and even the little hour rate skank motel down by Robinson Ave. Yuck. Even the Waffle House next door has the same rules, I think. ;)

Guest WenDylan

the lesson here is for everyone to keep money and valuables on their person at all times.

Too bad this had to be learned. The old adage of keeping honest people honest by not giving them temptation seems to apply here. I am sure that in hindsight you must wonder what were you thinking to trust anyone with that much money?

That's so key. Loss prevention in retails stores use the same philosophy by eliminating opportunity, and seizing opportunity with the situations you can't control. ;)

Guest Rob & Jin

I had no idea that Mr. Yang spoke only a little English. My husband who is a Chinese Citizen speaks only a little Chinese too, as he was raised in another country and just recently returned back to China for this petition.

Sigh... I think the best solution is just my husband and I closely go over the kitchen sink and double check the documents ourselves.

ummm........The Yangs are helpfull to many when they there, in checking docs etc, we didn't use them for that, my Docs= my responsibility.

But for many chinese there alone their services are invaluable, Jin spent many hours with the Yangs helping chinese benificiaries with their docs .

Personaly I like the Yangs alot.

BTW Jin would mop slap me if I left a dime in the room of any hotel ;)

I agree with cuzin TS

Guest Rob & Jin

BTW Jin would mop slap me if I left a dime in the room of any hotel :cheering:

I agree with cuzin TS

I can not imagine what will Jin do to you if you left 5000 in the hotel room :P

I'd probably be chocking on the mop, if you get my meaning ;)

mr. yang speaks almost zero english and mrs. yang speaks very little english, not enough to have a conversation. good luck to you and your so at the interview....think pink!

If I understand the situation there, there would be other people in the building who also have keys

yes randy i would agree with that. this means that someone else could have entered our apartment and bedroom during a 30 minute window of time after mrs. yang finished cleaning our room (and met us at their office) and we returned to our room 30 minutes after mrs. yang finished cleaning it. however, after observing mrs. yangs behavior during the heated 4 hour discussion between her and my so, we feel sure about who took the money. i suppose we should be thankful she returned a portion of the money, as it was our mistake that created the problem.

We all do our own checking of documents and having the Yangs look at them is no guarantee that you will get the visa, but for myself it was nice to have a guide (Mrs. Yang's sister) to take us to the medical, and expedite us through with her contacts. She also took us right to the bank where we needed to pay our fees...just something else we never needed to think twice about. And it was nice to be validated, at that late stage, by a couple that has seen everything for quite a few years in the visa speculation and conjecture game.

We didn't make any changes to what I had already done...and we didn't get the visa :offtopic: but I'll guarantee you it wasn't becuse of our paperwork, just like getting the visa isn't because of how someone checked and rechecked their own paperwork. :lol:

If you need someone to look over your paperwork call smilingasia (Eunice), she's in Guangzhou and I think she speaks english.

We slept well at the Yangs and we spent our time there rehearsing the interview. We weren't interested in Guangzhou enough to go out sightseeing. :roller:

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where you stay or how many times you recheck your paperwork, you'll either get a visa or you won't...lets hope your man lucks out and gets his. :o

tsap seui

Oh yeah, there are plenty of posts on Candle over the years where the Yangs did find something on peoples forms that did need to be changed at the last minute. :lol:

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

We all do our own checking of documents and having the Yangs look at them is no guarantee that you will get the visa, but for myself it was nice to have a guide (Mrs. Yang's sister) to take us to the medical, and expedite us through with her contacts. And it was nice to be validated, at that late stage, by a couple that has seen everything for quite a few years in the visa speculation and conjecture game.

We didn't make any changes to what I had already done...and we didn't get the visa :lol: but I'll guarantee you it wasn't becuse of our paperwork, just like getting the visa isn't because of how someone checked and rechecked their own paperwork. :)

If you need someone to look over your paperwork call smilingasia (Eunice), she's in Guangzhou and I think she speaks english.

We slept well at the Yangs and we spent our time there rehearsing the interview. We weren't interested in Guangzhou enough to go out sightseeing. :lol:

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where you stay or how many times you recheck your paperwork, you'll either get a visa or you won't...lets hope your man lucks out and gets his. :)

tsap seui

i've exchanged some emails with eunice and i agree with tsap that she would be very helpful.

I guess that is a valuable lesson learned the hard way. Sorry to hear your loss Dale. Maybe others will learn from this mistake. Personally I never left anything valuable in any hotel in China or much less in USA. Personally, that's why I don't try to recommend any service because nothing's perfect. I would probably listen to Lao po because wife knows best. Fortunate for my wife, she stayed in a nice apartment/hotel where she paid 80-100 yuan/day while in Guangzhou. Hopefully everyone will choose more carefully where to stay and be much more careful with their valuables!

We all do our own checking of documents and having the Yangs look at them is no guarantee that you will get the visa, but for myself it was nice to have a guide (Mrs. Yang's sister) to take us to the medical, and expedite us through with her contacts. And it was nice to be validated, at that late stage, by a couple that has seen everything for quite a few years in the visa speculation and conjecture game.

We didn't make any changes to what I had already done...and we didn't get the visa :P but I'll guarantee you it wasn't becuse of our paperwork, just like getting the visa isn't because of how someone checked and rechecked their own paperwork. :ranting:

We slept well at the Yangs and we spent our time there rehearsing the interview. We weren't interested in Guangzhou enough to go out sightseeing. :ranting:

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where you stay or how many times you recheck your paperwork, you'll either get a visa or you won't...lets hope your man lucks out and gets his. :ranting:

tsap seui

i've exchanged some emails with eunice and i agree with tsap that she would be very helpful.

I guess that is a valuable lesson learned the hard way. Sorry to hear your loss Dale. Maybe others will learn from this mistake. Personally I never left anything valuable in any hotel in China or much less in USA. Personally, that's why I don't try to recommend any service because nothing's perfect. I would probably listen to Lao po because wife knows best. Fortunate for my wife, she stayed in a nice apartment/hotel where she paid 80-100 yuan/day while in Guangzhou. Hopefully everyone will choose more carefully where to stay and be much more careful with their valuables!

thx. spacebar. yes i hope that noboby else has this issue, hence the reason for my post.

We didn't make any changes to what I had already done...and we didn't get the visa :P but I'll guarantee you it wasn't becuse of our paperwork, just like getting the visa isn't because of how someone checked and rechecked their own paperwork. :ranting:

We slept well at the Yangs and we spent our time there rehearsing the interview. We weren't interested in Guangzhou enough to go out sightseeing. :ranting:

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where you stay or how many times you recheck your paperwork, you'll either get a visa or you won't...lets hope your man lucks out and gets his. :ranting:

tsap seui