Even the gal as DOS is complaining!

Called DOS to check why we have not received P3 yet ours was sent on May 9th .200862¡­. The gal at DOS said it was loaded and she had no idea what was going on. She also said all the calls I have been getting was May 6, 7, 8, and 9. My God Did They Lose Them!!

;)

I thought 'loaded' means that GUZ has an electronic version of the file, sent electronically from NVC.

When it's just 'loaded' - the physical file hasn't made it to GUZ yet, not removed from the box, not yet processed in the physical file review at GUZ.

Hang in there, be patient, at least they're not doing some nasty administrative processing.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Called DOS to check why we have not received P3 yet ours was sent on May 9th .200862¡­. The gal at DOS said it was loaded and she had no idea what was going on. She also said all the calls I have been getting was May 6, 7, 8, and 9. My God Did They Lose Them!!

:offtopic:

Look at my post on DHL today. (New Posts)

Mike

Guest WenDylan

Just got words from 001 ladies, some that were sent early may had just got their p3 today. i think they are section 62 ladies. as for myself, I am a 64, just got p3 today too.

GOOD DEAL!

I thought 'loaded' means that GUZ has an electronic version of the file, sent electronically from NVC.

When it's just 'loaded' - the physical file hasn't made it to GUZ yet, not removed from the box, not yet processed in the physical file review at GUZ.

Hang in there, be patient, at least they're not doing some nasty administrative processing.

Cut and pasted below is a response from Dan (dnoblett) to a thread I posted some time back:

Terminology used by DOS personnel, in reference to a case:

LOADED = NVC has sent an electronic copy of the petition to GUZ, but hardcopy petition information has NOT been entered by GUZ.

OPEN = This does not occur until AFTER GUZ signs by STAMP for the DHL package sent by the NVC. Within days to a few weeks after that, GUZ will enter information into the computer and the case is then considered to be "Open." The P3 is then mailed.

IN QUE = Namecheck, if any, and other paperwork is clear. Indicates that an interview date has been set. This is the final stage at GUZ before the interview.

Missingyou...CONGRATS!!!...now it's time to fill out the forms and get them back to GUZ...ASAP!!! Everyday counts.

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

To: clayton2103

First, thank you, second, I must report here that the EMS did deliver to my hubby yesterday, but it was not P3. We didn't expect some friends were sending him mail by EMS. He just called me and said EMS juse delivered, so we got too happy to even think it is not our P3

Anyways, we have decided that we will not continue to wait for P3. Yesterday, we download the forms and sent it back to GZ ourselves with EMS labels for P4.

Sigh.... This visa thing sure is so exhausting. I hope we will soon be done with it.

Guest hi5pro

:clapping:

Most likely it's lost if you have not received the P3 that was sent on May 9th. I recommend you download the P3 forms and send them to GUZ right away. You don't need to wait for the P3. Lost P3, not a big deal. Lost P4, very big deal so make sure you put down the address on P3 forms that someone can receive the P4 for sure. My wife have never received the P3 and we wasted 2 months waiting for that. The P3 end up in my mail box 3 months later in the US. Check my time line. Good luck.

Edited by hi5pro (see edit history)

It can take 3 months or more for GUZ to "RECEIVE" the physical file from NVC, it will be "loaded" shortly after NVC sends it, but they wont send out P3 until they actually open and "receive" the file.

If DOS tells you that GUZ sent out P3, then fill out form OF-169, and DS-230 Part 1 and send to:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

You can download the required forms here:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...ts_-_OF-169.pdf

Guest Rob & Jin

Loaded = electronic file sent by NVC recieved by GUZ

Open= paper file logged in by GUZ, P-3 generated

Pending= DS-230 & OS-169 logged back into GUZ, background checks not completed yet

Eligible for interview= background checks completed, P-4 generated soon afterwards.

If DOS tells you that GUZ sent out P3, then fill out form OF-169, and DS-230 Part 1 and mail it back.

I curious, has anyone tried mailing back the packet 3 BEFORE the consulate has mailed the packet 3 out? Would the consulate accept it early and start processing the packet 4?

Edited by SteveK (see edit history)

If DOS tells you that GUZ sent out P3, then fill out form OF-169, and DS-230 Part 1 and mail it back.

I curious, has anyone tried mailing back the packet 3 BEFORE the consulate has mailed the packet 3 out? Would the consulate accept it early and start processing the packet 4?

Nobody's ever thought that that might be a good idea.

Personally, I don't think the turn-around time makes any difference. That is, I think your place in line is already reserved by your GUZ # and the time your P3 is loaded, barring any hold-ups.

Try it, and let us know if you get the visa or not.

Steve,

Yes and no. Yes we sent them early, but no we did not send them until I knew they had been sent.

Downloaded forms filled out and ready to send.

Called daily once the time frame was nearing until I was told our P3 was sent out. (Perhaps sitting in a box at GUZ, waiting to be sent to EMS, which could have saved a week or two).

Sent the completed P3 paperwork overnight via EMS. See our timeline.

Actual P3 paperwork sent from GUZ arrived at SO's home about 1.5 weeks after GUZ stated they were sent to us.

When I went to ACH the person I spoke with was reviewing our case on the computer and laughed when he noticed the "fast" turn around on the P3 paperwork.

No problems. No issues and received the "PINK".

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Steve,

Yes.

Downloaded forms filled out and ready to send.

Called daily once the time frame was nearing until I was told our P3 was sent out.

Sent the completed P3 paperwork overnight via EMS. See our timeline.

Actual P3 paperwork sent from GUZ arrived at SO's home about 1.5 weeks after GUZ stated they were sent.

When I went to ACH the person I spoke with was reviewing are case on the computer and laughed when he noticed the "fast" turn around on the P3 paperwork.

No problems. No issues and received the "PINK".

Clayton

Yes that's the strategy to follow. I'm still not convinced it will buy you any time, but there's definitely no downside.