Guest Rob & Jin

ACS is for replacing lost passports, getting things notarized by them ie your passport, evolution letter etc..... very useful IMHO

ACH is a oppotunity for you to ask questions on your petition (dont expect meaningful answers to your case), show again you are there and keen and invested in this.

Both are useful, the first thing said to jin at her interview was " oh I see your fiancee is here, thats good"

Plus 2 different VO's get to see the petitioner for "real"

Will it make a difference, maybe, but darn glad I went to both.

I cant find the times or appointment times for the ACH in GZ I am planning a trip to overcome the Blue slip. I just cant imagine going through everything so far and being denied in the end because I only went to China 1 time. I am taking advice from other CFL members and I feel going to the ACH in GZ is helpful. Can anyone send me a link to the info I need I have been on the US consulate website All I find in US Citizen services?

Thank you Jay

Hello Jay:

I went thru a similar situation myself. It has been 2 years and still waiting. I might sound very negative, but that is the way it is !

ACH: It is useles to go there and waste your time and money. They will only answer general questions about documents, fees, signatures, forms, etc. They will NOT tell you anything about your case, other than what is already said in the blue slip.

Also you can not "impress" them because you were there. You are only one in the crowd, and nobody loves a crowd ! More over, they hardly spent 1-2 minutes with you !

Documents: Give them everything they asked for. Nothing more, nothing less. Do not try to impress them or distort the truth.

Time line: You might get an approval in 1-2 days or 1-3 months.

then it might also go into "Administrative Processing" which could run into 1-3 years ! In the mean time you could be rejected at any time.

Good Luck to you !

Ken88

Wow I cant see negative posts like the last one I am doing all I can to

help this case, Going to the ACH is waste of time is not something I want to read I know its your opinion. I do think it will help if they take notes and add things to my case#. I really hope its a worthwhile thing to do its fairly expensive to go to GZ from Shanghai two tickets on plane or train etc etc. I wonder how many people really do think its a waste of time? Thanks

Jay

Jay....GO TO THE ACH!!!!

This is only my outlook on something like this and everyone is different, so here, for what ever it's worth is my view on this. I can't remember if you have an AP type blue slip which asks for nothing from you, and I'm gonna answer as if that is what your woman got.

When you have an AP type blue slip you get your butt to ACH. You do everything you can to turn this bullshit type blue slip around. You write letters to your Congressman and (I firmly believe) you should cruise the floors below the consulate and interview the Chinese people that have visa agencys to help people with blue/white slips. There is an older Chinese man there and he only charges you IF HE GETS YOU THE VISA. His fee was 15,000rmb IF HE GETS THE VISA for you, 0 if he doesn't..He asks for nothing up front and he is the only one of ALL the agencys that charges like this, all the rest want money up front. He doesn't ask a lot of useless questions about you case so he can add his speculation and conjecture to the pile with what GUZ has already speculated on you about.

You do everything you can, so in case, you get denied, you can sleep at night knowing you DID EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN FOR SUCCESS.

We failed, GUZ speculated and conjectured on God knows what about us and they denied us...but...we both did everything in our limited power to get that visa.

By the way, even though I am a firm proponent of going to ACH, the nice american man I had for ACH about our AP blue slip LIED THROUGH HIS TEETH TO ME :D about our case.

I looked at it like this, if we were to fail, there was going to be nothing we hadn't tried to be successful.

As it turns out, our path never was to get a visa this time around...and ...we couldn't be happier. We have a new home being built in my woman's hometown, our son gets to keep his first rate education, and I get to live in China for a few years with my family, and in, our bona fide relationship. :mobrun:

Good luck to you buddy, I hope the very best for you and your woman, and all the rest of you guys in blue slip hell. I hope you all get what you seek.

tsap seui

I am very sorry to not know this older Chinese fellas name or what floor his agancy is on. My lil' rabbit rode a train 30 hours one way and interviewed every single agency on all four floors to find this guy. Sorry to say, we were too late for him to work his magic, as our case had already gone from AP to Administrative Review. If I hadn't have been so stupid as to trust that sorry VO I got at ACH, the older Chinese fellow may have gotten us a visa, if we had just used his service in the first 2 or 3 months...maybe. :tomato:

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Starting on July 23, 2007, U.S. citizen petitioner hour will be held on Mondays, rather than Fridays. Petitioner hours will take place each Monday from 14:30 to 15:30pm. We recommend that you arrive at the consulate around 14:00 in order to go through security check procedures. At 14:30, we will stop admitting petitioners into the Immigrant Visa waiting room and will promptly begin the session at that time.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/u....oving_to_monday

The link does not work with Firefox. Try using Internet Explorer.

Guest WenDylan

Starting on July 23, 2007, U.S. citizen petitioner hour will be held on Mondays, rather than Fridays. Petitioner hours will take place each Monday from 14:30 to 15:30pm. We recommend that you arrive at the consulate around 14:00 in order to go through security check procedures. At 14:30, we will stop admitting petitioners into the Immigrant Visa waiting room and will promptly begin the session at that time.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/u....oving_to_monday

The link does not work with Firefox. Try using Internet Explorer.

Sorry about that SteveK... it works on my Firefox at home, but not at work... so strange... I'll just cut and paste for future reference...

What's New

U.S. citizen petitioner hour moving to Monday