Travel Channel Goes to China !

Wow - I'm up late tonight debugging some stuff, with the Travel Channel on in the background.

Sam Brown is having fun in BeiJing going to the spas.

Andrew Zimmern is off eating bizarre foods again, with a stint at the penis resturant (at the end). I note many of his 'interviewees' are actually Singaporean transplants. COOL !

Bourdain is up soon, with a recent trip as well.

If you have the time, do , please, watch em - as the food culture is presented in a lao wei fashion, in words you can understand .

Guest WenDylan

Wow - I'm up late tonight debugging some stuff, with the Travel Channel on in the background.

Andrew Zimmern is off eating bizarre foods again, with a stint at the penis resturant (at the end). I note many of his 'interviewees' are actually Singaporean transplants. COOL !

If you have the time, do , please, watch em - as the food culture is presented in a lao wei fashion, in words you can understand .

I have to stay close to the camera system so all I have is this computer. I am glued to CFL and Iron Chef episodes on YouTube... :sosad:

with a stint at the penis resturant (at the end). .

Are you saying this restaurant specializes in only the ends of penises??? :ph34r:

Not at all ! It's the WHOLE THING, from about 30 different animals.

I work nights so I am unable to watch it when it is on. But...thank GOD for DVD Recorders ;) I have recorded every night but have only been able to watch the "Wild China" program so far. I plan on watching them all on my days off coming up.

They talked about Guilin in Guangxi province in the "Wild China" episodes that I saw. It looked awesome. When I was in Nanning, my finacee asked if I wanted to make a trip there and see it...but I said "no". Wow...I could kick myself in the patootey for that. :whistling:

Oh well...probably next trip. ;)

One of the best shows they had on this week was "The Seven Wonders of China" (1 hour). Next Thursday (the 7th) the will have 7 1/2 hour shows - one for each wonder.

The Great Wall, Hanging Monastery, Mount Wudang, Leshan Great Buddha, Terra Cotta Warriors, Shibaozhai Temple, Forbidden City

From 12PM to 3:30 PM (CDT) Aug. 7th

Na, by the time the translator gets to correcting them, they've lost the ambiance, and lost the shot.

I'll check their blogs this weekend, surely someone's dinged them about that basic pronunciation...

As least Sam's getting into the SPAs - I envy her advance team staff.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

I watched a few of them. I enjoyed it very much.

Ken88

From tonight's Wild China - the Western end of the wall @ Jiayuguan:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6c/JiayuguanWall.jpg/800px-JiayuguanWall.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/JiayuguanFort.jpg