Removal of Conditions on Green Card

Hello everyone,

Li's green card is up for removal of conditions since it is within 90 days of the 2 year expiration. Today I mailed to the California Service Center a packet with photocopies of documents and some pics.

I am wondering what timeline others who have gone through this part of the process through CFC have had.

Is is possible to get the 10 year green card without having to go to a formal interview?

On a lighter note, this weekend we went to the Dragon Boat races in Long Beach, CA and they had entertainment, it was pretty interesting.

We also went to the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Baily circus. I have not been in 35 years and she thought is was very entertaining and amazing. We both had a great time together.

Take care,

Larry

Hello everyone,

Li's green card is up for removal of conditions since it is within 90 days of the 2 year expiration. Today I mailed to the California Service Center a packet with photocopies of documents and some pics.

I am wondering what timeline others who have gone through this part of the process through CFC have had.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/liftli...ervice%20Center

Is is possible to get the 10 year green card without having to go to a formal interview?
Typically removal of conditions is approved without an interview. Note the above link shows interview date, most don't have interview listed.

Ours took 7 months through NSC. No interview was required.

Lisa's was transferred to CSC and only took 3 months. We also live in Portland, so same area to compare as Carl. Filed last year in Oct, 10 year card issued in Jan without interview. No interview through CSC seems to be the most common. It can vary when you apply and how much applications they are working on. They transfer between service centers, so just because you send it to one doesn't mean they process. Lisa's was originally sent to Nebraska. The good news is it seems that CSC does most of the Removal of Conditions apps, so I doubt it will be transferred.

Long story short: You should be able to expect a quick process with no interview.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

Ying and I just got back from her interview for her 10 year green card. It took about 20-25 minutes with most of it the officer and I BS'ing about Govenment jobs and how I should consider switching to the USCIS and probably get a big raise. He did have the blistering letter I wrote after I had gotten the first interview date which was mailed from Mesquite almost three weeks after the scheduled date. he said it was proof he needed to show his managers that the system still has serious problem that need to be fixed. The only things he needed for Ying's file was phone #'s of two of the people I had for Ying's affidavits, luckily both work at the Kerrville VA hospital, so I gave him the hospital #. The other was a question about children, we gave him the approximate date Peter had passed and that was it. He approved it in the computer, said she should have her new card in about six to eight weeks, complained about the redundancy of having the do the paperwork file, but he promised to have it done before close of business today.

So it looks like this phase of the process has finally been successfully completed. Next on the agenda is citizenship, which will be started late thhs year, early next.

Edited by Carl (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ying and I just got back from her interview for her 10 year green card. It took about 20-25 minutes with most of it the officer and I BS'ing about Govenment jobs and how I should consider switching to the USCIS and probably get a big raise. He did have the blistering letter I wrote after I had gotten the first interview date which was mailed from Mesquite almost three weeks after the scheduled date. he said it was proof he needed to show his managers that the system still has serious problem that need to be fixed. The only things he needed for Ying's file was phone #'s of two of the people I had for Ying's affidavits, luckily both work at the Kerrville VA hospital, so I gave him the hospital #. The other was a question about children, we gave him the approximate date Peter had passed and that was it. He approved it in the computer, said she should have her new card in about six to eight weeks, complained about the redundancy of having the do the paperwork file, but he promised to have it done before close of business today.

So it looks like this phase of the process has finally been successfully completed. Next on the agenda is citizenship, which will be started late thhs year, early next.

Silly me for thinking that the USCIS finally had its S##T together. It has been 8 weeks since Ying had her interview and the guy said it was approved. I called the USCIS hotline and after being transferred to somebody who could look things up he said that it WASN"T approved. I almost exploded, but realized it was not this guys fault. He said he was sending an e-mail to the San Antonio office asking why nothing has been done after it was supposedly approved in the computer. He said to wait 30 days then if we don't have anything to either call them or get an INFOPASS. I am going to send off another ANGRY to the San Antonio office and may send a "courtesy copy" to the head of USCIS complaining about their incompetence. I know I will be calling them at least every few days to see if they do get their act together.

Ying wants to sue them, but I am not sure we can sue the government for gross incompetence.......Can we?