I-765 Question (EAD)

On item 14, it mentions about "Mannor of Last Entry (Visitor, Student, etc)"and item 15, it mentions about"Current Immigration Status (Visitor, Student, etc)".

Should I put down "K1 visa" for item 14 and "AOS" for item 15?

14/ K-1 fiancee visa

15/ Adjustment of status I-485 application filed XX/XX/XX

;)

On item 14, it mentions about "Mannor of Last Entry (Visitor, Student, etc)"and item 15, it mentions about"Current Immigration Status (Visitor, Student, etc)".

Should I put down "K1 visa" for item 14 and "AOS" for item 15?

14/ K-1 fiancee visa

15/ Adjustment of status I-485 application filed XX/XX/XX

;)

Thanks Eric

Tony,

I thought that you had the "stamped" EAD from JFK....why are you applying again? Or is that stamp not the EAD? Sarah's says " Employment authorized until Oct 10th..." I am curious about this because the job hunting starts next week.

Thanks, Dave

The passport EAD stamp is only good 90 days, .. Filing I-765 gets you a year ( well, in most cases ) .

Granted, EAD stamp at POE is given in some cases ( no app to file ) but it's short lived..

Thanks Eric. Next question : Can we apply for the year-long EAD before getting married and/or filikng for AOS?

Thanks,

dave

On the letter we received informing Li of her appointment for EAD, one of the items they said she had to bring was proof of application for AOS. This was from the Atlanta Regional BCIS. :lol:

Thanks Eric. Next question : Can we apply for the year-long EAD before getting married and/or filikng for AOS?

Thanks,

dave

On the letter we received informing Li of her appointment for EAD, one of the items they said she had to bring was proof of application for AOS. This was from the Atlanta Regional BCIS. <_<

Mick...that's the grocery receipt I told you about. That's all the proof you will get. :lol:

Yeah Don, I know. That little receipt is like gold I guess. They actually sent us a letter with the receipt, stating they had received our application for AOS and we could expect an appointment within 36 months. :D

Li will take both the receipt and the letter with her. They won't let me in due to "limited seating". I don't cherish the drive over to Atlanta. Will be 500 miles round trip. But it is worth it to have passed another hurdle along the way. B)

Seems like every step is painful for you and Li. The good news is things are moving forward  and the EAD is just around the corner.  <_<

Amen to that my friend. We are grateful that things are progressing well. After EAD, all we have to do is wait for AOS....but at least we can get on with things without having to fill out more forms, take trips to Atlanta, etc. etc. I doubt our AOS interview will be any time soon.

Tony,

I thought that you had the "stamped" EAD from JFK....why are you applying again? Or is that stamp not the EAD? Sarah's says " Employment authorized until Oct 10th..." I am curious about this because the job hunting starts next week.

Thanks, Dave

The passport EAD stamp is only good 90 days, .. Filing I-765 gets you a year ( well, in most cases ) .

Granted, EAD stamp at POE is given in some cases ( no app to file ) but it's short lived..

If EAD is only good for one year, then you have to renew it every year. If my wife won't plan to work for awhile, then maybe there is no need to apply for EAD now.

Tony,

Thanks, Dave

If EAD is only good for one year, then you have to renew it every year. If my wife won't plan to work for awhile, then maybe there is no need to apply for EAD now.

When I lived in China, I was there on a "z" type visa. Basically, this was a work visa and was similar to what we call EAD in America. I had to renew it in China every year as well. <_<