Lao Po & Daughter's 10 Year Green Card

We made the application for lao po; daughter came in with her the same day. Now lao po is upset because only 1 letter (with her as the petitioner?) came and not one for the daughter. I ask "why you want to spend more money????!!" we don't need to spend.

Hey Bob: Wow . .your already getting the 10 year green card. Your wife arrived 5 days after my Lin (seems like just yesterday when we were freaking out waiting for the interview results :D ) ..

Well anyway I can't race with you and Rogar we just got the 2 year greencard. But this is good, now I can bug you with questions about what I need to do when our time comes :P

Hey there stranger! Yes, those days are hard to remember now. :roller:

Just remember the good ole days, you were the talk of the neighborhood and broke all those hearts. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, when? or how long? does it take those bozos to send a 10-year green card. Or should I even be concerned yet?

July 17: Mailed 1 I-751 with 3 checks (good idea Trigg!) 1 for application fee and 2 for each AOS fee; listed minor daughter on the application

July 24: Checks cleared

July 26: I 797 Received

Aug 8: ASC Appointment Notice Received I-797 for lao po. One to lao po, one c/o me for lao po. Child received Receipt I-797 of $80 for Biometrics, no appointment.

Aug 26: Appointment for Lao po & Daughter

Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)

Ok, when? or how long? does it take those bozos to send a 10-year green card. Or should I even be concerned yet?

First, the disclaimer- everybody's case is different.

When? For me, 'whenever.' How long? For me, one year from the application date was a reasonable estimate. Be concerned? Nope, not until one year or (RFE received) or the date on the processing site web site passes my application date.

When? For me, 'whenever.' How long? For me, one year from the application date was a reasonable estimate. Be concerned? Nope, not until one year or (RFE received) or the date on the processing site web site passes my application date.

Thanks. We'll be moving in June, 30 days before the anniversary of the filing date.

Thanks. We'll be moving in June, 30 days before the anniversary of the filing date.

I think your move date will be more like August based on the change orders that are in your future. :lol:

I'd bet you'll see the status change to card production ordered before the end of the month.

I think your move date will be more like August based on the change orders that are in your future. :roller:

I'd bet you'll see the status change to card production ordered before the end of the month.

No more changes :D PERIOD. The End :exclaim: . This MAN put his size 12 foot DOWN :ranting: and the little lady trembled into submission :worthy: and has stopped redrawing on the blue prints :whip: ... You newbies should not try this at home! I am a professional :gleam:

Slab gets poured in a week . ;)

What the hell does mean? "card production ordered" Where would I see the 'status change'? :)

[ Hey Roger :secret: Check it out: 8 different smiles above. :bleh: ]

Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)
What the hell does mean? "card production ordered" Where would I see the 'status change'?
I reckon what he's talking about is here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp Then, click on the "online" button.

Or, click here to go directly there. https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearc...8Us-7jx68ZNW26r

Enter the numbers from your biometrics appointment letter. Presumably the case status would say something along the lines of 'the gc has been ordered.' Can't say for sure 'cuz I've never seen a case status change on my wife's case prior to getting something in the mail first. But, then again, I didn't compulsively look up the case status 3 times a day, every day for months on end. I only checked it once a quarter or so.

Checked my wife's today. Last November it went from transferred to, to received for processing. Still the same this morning.

Removal of conditions submitted to TX - May 2008

Biometrics - June 08

Transferred from TX to Vermont - July 08

Note that it stayed in the transferred to status from July to November. Must have gone by a very slow and circuitous route from TX to VT. :rolleyes:

I never did receive anything in the mail about the transfer.

I am hopeful that it will say production ordered no later than mid March.

What the hell does mean? "card production ordered" Where would I see the 'status change'?
I reckon what he's talking about is here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp Then, click on the "online" button.

Or, click here to go directly there. https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearc...8Us-7jx68ZNW26r

Enter the numbers from your biometrics appointment letter. Presumably the case status would say something along the lines of 'the gc has been ordered.' Can't say for sure 'cuz I've never seen a case status change on my wife's case prior to getting something in the mail first. But, then again, I didn't compulsively look up the case status 3 times a day, every day for months on end. I only checked it once a quarter or so.

Thanks!
  • 1 month later...
July 17: Mailed 1 I-751 with 3 checks (good idea Trigg!) 1 for application fee and 2 for each AOS fee; listed minor daughter on the application

Aug 8: ASC Appointment Notice Received I-797 for lao po. One to lao po, one c/o me for lao po. Child received Receipt I-797 of $80 for Biometrics, no appointment.

Aug 26: Appointment for Lao po.

Update.
Update: We were notified in late February that after gathering dust in Vermont since August that they've sent the petition to California to gather dust.
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually, it seems like California is moving paperwork like lightning right now. CSC FTW!

Update.
Update: We were notified in late February that after gathering dust in Vermont since August that they've sent the petition to California to gather dust.

• 2 weeks later...

Update.
Update: We were notified in late February that after gathering dust in Vermont since August that they've sent the petition to California to gather dust. [/quote :happydance: ] :cheering: :clapping: :D :bounce8: :redblob: :mbounce: :whistling: :toot:

Yes! April 2nd (yesterday) we received the letters which state the applications are approved and that the 10-year GCs should be received by us within the next 60 days.

We were notified in late February that after gathering dust in Vermont since August that they've sent the petition to California to gather dust.

:happydance: :cheering: :clapping: :D :bounce8: :redblob: :mbounce: :whistling: :toot:

April 2nd (yesterday) we received the letters which state the applications are approved and that the 10-year GCs should be received by us within the next 60 days.