RFE for AOS

Guest Rob & Jin

Oh, I forgot to ask!

My wife asked me. "Why do they for more "Evidence" after she already had Biometrics?"

Good question. I have no answer!

The whole AOS thing confuses me, having just had all the background checks done and income looked at for K-1,I think its crazy they want to do it again just a few months later :blink: , but then again its USCIS, so it doesn't have to make sense I guess :lol:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I forgot to ask!

My wife asked me. "Why do they for more "Evidence" after she already had Biometrics?"

The whole AOS thing confuses me, having just had all the background checks done and income looked at for K-1,I think its crazy they want to do it again just a few months later :blink: , but then again its USCIS, so it doesn't have to make sense I guess :lol:

K-1 is a NON-Immigrant visa, so income affidavit (I-134) is only for support while the person is a NON-Immigrant.

IMMIGRANTS require a stronger binding contract between sponsor and the US government, this is the I-864, in this case US Citizen/Spouse, MUST be primary sponsor.

The consulate only looks at the I-134 and uses it to determine if they will issue a visa or not.

USCIS on the other hand requires I-864 to issue a GREEN-CARD.

Guest Rob & Jin

Oh, I forgot to ask!

The whole AOS thing confuses me, having just had all the background checks done and income looked at for K-1,I think its crazy they want to do it again just a few months later :) , but then again its USCIS, so it doesn't have to make sense I guess :)

K-1 is a NON-Immigrant visa, so income affidavit (I-134) is only for support while the person is a NON-Immigrant.

IMMIGRANTS require a stronger binding contract between sponsor and the US government, this is the I-864, in this case US Citizen/Spouse, MUST be primary sponsor.

The consulate only looks at the I-134 and uses it to determine if they will issue a visa or not.

USCIS on the other hand requires I-864 to issue a GREEN-CARD.

ok understand that, even though GUZ looks at all financials with I-134 , but why more biometrics and background checks ?

Seems redundant

ok understand that, even though GUZ looks at all financials with I-134 , but why more biometrics and background checks ?

Seems redundant

More background checks, I understand. Someone who didn't pop up on the radar previously might pop up now. More biometrics, I don't get. Finger prints don't change, and a person's appearance shouldn't change so drastically in the time they require a new picture, so seems to be a waste of time, money and resources.

But then again, this is from the Department of Redundancy Dept.

We got an RFE today asking for my last 3 years Tax Returns.

I sent all of this when I sent the AOS paperwork.

WTF is wrong with those people at USCIS? :)

I have seen this before and never understood.

The same thing happened to me too. I got an RFE about 4 months ago and I am still waiting for my GC, even haven't gotten my EAD or AP! My husband called UISIS couple times but didn't get any useful information at all. I guess there is nothing we can do except waiting.

I am watching and learning Jeff. I faxed in a request for the IRS transcript for my 2007 return. I already have them for the previous three years. If they send an rfe for three years of tax information it seems like the IRS transcripts will be the easiest way to handle their request. I might also try to handle it by fax if it happens.

We got an E-mail from CRIS today.

Here is what it said :

" The last processing action taken on your case Receipt Number: MSC**********

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On August 1, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

I hope this is a good thing! :ph34r:

It only confirms they got what you sent, nothing more.

In some cases the information has been the only thing preventing a non-interview approval and the green card gets approved, in others the response gets you an interview appointment letter.

Either way your case is being processed and will be completed when they get around to it, thank you for playing. :ph34r:

"TOUCHED" yesterday 8/4/08

What do you mean "TOUCHED"? that's another updated after the processing resumed update?

We haven't heard anything since we got the notice of "processing resumed." So anxious... >_<

Yes

I checked our case status at

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

it shows that someone at USCIS "TOUCHED" (OPENED) our file on 8/4/08.

But it does not say what, if any progress has been made.

"TOUCHED" yesterday 8/4/08

What do you mean "TOUCHED"? that's another updated after the processing resumed update?

We haven't heard anything since we got the notice of "processing resumed." So anxious... >_<

"touched" is an immigrations board term for USCIS date changing on USCIS case status site.

More detailed answer can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...post&p=2416

read halfway down Captain Ewok's post #1

Seems redundant

Biometrics are USCIS taking compleate finger prints, a photo, and signature for EAD and Green-cards. The green-card has a finger print displayed on it.

K-Visas are considered NON-Immigrant, and don't get a complete FBI finger print check until adjusting status to immigrant. Biometrics provides a complete set of finger prints to FBI for additional checks required for green-card.