RFE for AOS

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I am glad I only sent the most recent year's tax return, Jeff. This way I will only have to send three years of returns one time when they send the rfe. :blink:

I have often wondered whether they read their own instructions that they ask us to follow. Now I wonder whether they look inside the envelope when it arrives.

We got RFE'd because I forgot to supply three affidavits. I sent them almost as soon as I got them with copies of our lease, letter from our bank and my tax returns back to when Ying first came here and we still have to go to an interview next week....Go figure

We got an RFE today asking for my last 3 years Tax Returns.

I sent all of this when I sent the AOS paperwork.

WTF is wrong with those people at USCIS? :o

I have seen this before and never understood.

I got a similar RFE. As it turned out simple copies of my tax returns didn't hold much weight without W-2s or 1099s. If you didn't already, send them IRS transcripts. Some of these RFEs don't get into specifics and you have to guess what the generic message means.

Since you just filed recently you should be able to just make more copies and send them in. If not, someone will be along shortly with the IRS link to order the transcripts. The only problem with the transcript deal is the length of time it'll take to get them. If you want to do it fast, just make more copies.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm , I believe some faxed transcripts should suffice. Well, in my case it did. What I did was send them copies of my tax records filed from Jackson hewitt and I also sent them the faxed IRS transcripts I got when I called the IRS over the phone. They are extremely strict about faxing your transcripts so you gotta have all your numbers correct and a fax machine by your side. BTW, some of them have bitchy attitudes :rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot to ask!

My wife asked me. "Why do they for more "Evidence" after she already had Biometrics?"

Good question. I have no answer!

Easy answer. Biometrics is just part of the process; it doesn't mean your file is complete. Up and until they issue the card they can always ask for more evidence if something is missing or more "proof" is needed (even if it's because they lost something).