The Chinese Celebrate Their Roaring Economy...

And a bit further down...

When asked..."How Big of a Problem is..."

#1 - Rising Prices

#2 - Rich/Poor Gap

#3 - Corrupt Officials

#4 - Air Pollution

Other than the inflation one these would be the 3 most important social/health issues that we have talked about extensively here in the MK... :lol: So I guess at least collectively we are not too stoopid about what is really going on in China... :D

#1 - Rising Prices

#2 - Rich/Poor Gap

#3 - Corrupt Officials

#4 - Air Pollution

Other than the inflation one these would be the 3 most important social/health issues that we have talked about extensively here in the MK... :rolleyes: So I guess at least collectively we are not too stoopid about what is really going on in China... :P

Sounds like the same problem we have in California! Out of control housing price. Rich just keeps getting richer. Corrupt officals running the city of San Francisco.

#1 - Rising Prices

#2 - Rich/Poor Gap

#3 - Corrupt Officials

#4 - Air Pollution

Other than the inflation one these would be the 3 most important social/health issues that we have talked about extensively here in the MK... :lol: So I guess at least collectively we are not too stoopid about what is really going on in China... :)

Sounds like the same problem we have in California! Out of control housing price. Rich just keeps getting richer. Corrupt officals running the city of San Francisco.

Asking people about their feelings on the widening gap between the rich and the poor can be taken two ways... :D

Are they concerned about the poor getting fed-up with it and causing social unrest??? :roller:

Or are they only concerned about people richer than they are??? :stupid:

Guest Mike and Lily

#1 - Rising Prices

#2 - Rich/Poor Gap

#3 - Corrupt Officials

#4 - Air Pollution

Other than the inflation one these would be the 3 most important social/health issues that we have talked about extensively here in the MK... :lol: So I guess at least collectively we are not too stoopid about what is really going on in China... :)

Asking people about their feelings on the widening gap between the rich and the poor can be taken two ways... :D

Are they concerned about the poor getting fed-up with it and causing social unrest??? :roller:

Or are they only concerned about people richer than they are??? :stupid:

You have to view it in a relative context. Yes, there is a widening gap between rich and poor, however, even the poorest of the poor are better off now than they were during the cultural revolution.

rog, Blame TV. The Chinese government [and I say this with all due respect, no malice an observation is all] saw the chance to market itself. Mainlanders started getting a look at the outside world and said "where's ours?". Add in some satellite and a little BBC and Voice of America to the mix. It's a shame I'm too old and won't be around to see the day China starts to market candidates like the States are now. Or maybe not :lol: