Green card arrived. yay

Well, I was expecting a bigger surprise for the green card arrival but it arrived via USPS yesterday. :) Somehow, I didn't feel so thrilled because I found out this morning when in actuality it arrived yesterday but i had no idea because family never passed me my letters and mail. I don't know but I'm not much in the celebrating mood today because of stinking jury duty which I want to mention I just got off after three miserable days. Ok maybe I'm just exaggerating but I didn't like being stuck in a court room about half the day.

Maybe I should be thrilled and happy. After all, it is a great joyous occasion and I am very fortunate we were able to get the Green card without the interview.

Well, if any of you guys know what would be the best thing to do after the green card, please let me know! Maybe I should take the wife and celebrate... Guys and ladies, what do you think?

Well, I was expecting a bigger surprise for the green card arrival but it arrived via USPS yesterday. :) Somehow, I didn't feel so thrilled because I found out this morning when in actuality it arrived yesterday but i had no idea because family never passed me my letters and mail. I don't know but I'm not much in the celebrating mood today because of stinking jury duty which I want to mention I just got off after three miserable days. Ok maybe I'm just exaggerating but I didn't like being stuck in a court room about half the day.

Maybe I should be thrilled and happy. After all, it is a great joyous occasion and I am very fortunate we were able to get the Green card without the interview.

Well, if any of you guys know what would be the best thing to do after the green card, please let me know! Maybe I should take the wife and celebrate... Guys and ladies, what do you think?

Spaceman, every time I receive a notice of jury duty I just rip it up.

Now, I know it's my civic duty...yada, yada, yada. But, for me to loose pay for attending just don't cut it. So, I leave it up to the gov'ment workers to sit in for me.

Heck, there ain't no jury police comin' after those who don't respond. And, I readily answered the call when I worked for a company who paid for jury leave... Heck I have been jury foreman twice. But, now that I work for an employer who doesn't pay....

Anyway, congratulations of the GC. Sit back and enjoy for a while. :)

Well, I was expecting a bigger surprise for the green card arrival but it arrived via USPS yesterday. :huh: Somehow, I didn't feel so thrilled because I found out this morning when in actuality it arrived yesterday but i had no idea because family never passed me my letters and mail. I don't know but I'm not much in the celebrating mood today because of stinking jury duty which I want to mention I just got off after three miserable days. Ok maybe I'm just exaggerating but I didn't like being stuck in a court room about half the day.

1. CONGRATS!

2. Proceed directly to the "glass half empty/half full" thread. :D

Food ! Dancing Girls !!! Copious Amounts of Adult Beverages !! More Dancing Girls !!!!

well, ok - maybe instead get out for a party at your favorite eatery, complete with Adult beverages and Dancing Girls!

I tell ya what though - you in Chi Town - pack a big picnic with Adult Beverages and go out for big boat ride .

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Congratulations, Spacebar!!! wow, that is REALLY quick! I'd be so thrilled if I get my green card 2 days after the EAD card, that's double celebration in a week! That way I won't need to take the EAD card to update my social security card to remove my current "not valid for employment" and change to "not valid for employment without DHS authorization" since that doesn't sound too much nicer either. Instead just bring the permanent resident card and get all of it removed and feel LEGITIMATE! =D

spacebar,

CONGRATULATIONS :o :D :D TO YOU AND YOUR LAO PO!!!

Find it in your heart to celebrate.

Yes, perhaps it is a bit of let down after such a long process and getting the GC in the mail with no fan fare, parade, blowing horns, balloons, etc., but if your Lao Po is anything like mine...it meant the world to her. She examined it again and again and shared it with whoever would take a moment to look at it, share her excitement and congratulate her and yourself. It's a huge accomplishment for you both. You've worked hard and come a long way.

Time for a romantic dinner!! Enjoy.

Clayton

Thanks Dennis! So , the court can't hold you in contempt or fine you if you don't show up to jury duty?? Hummm I'll keep that in mind next time I have jury duty and not show up lol. :D

Thanks!!

Well, I was expecting a bigger surprise for the green card arrival but it arrived via USPS yesterday. :D Somehow, I didn't feel so thrilled because I found out this morning when in actuality it arrived yesterday but i had no idea because family never passed me my letters and mail. I don't know but I'm not much in the celebrating mood today because of stinking jury duty which I want to mention I just got off after three miserable days. Ok maybe I'm just exaggerating but I didn't like being stuck in a court room about half the day.

Spaceman, every time I receive a notice of jury duty I just rip it up.

Now, I know it's my civic duty...yada, yada, yada. But, for me to loose pay for attending just don't cut it. So, I leave it up to the gov'ment workers to sit in for me.

Heck, there ain't no jury police comin' after those who don't respond. And, I readily answered the call when I worked for a company who paid for jury leave... Heck I have been jury foreman twice. But, now that I work for an employer who doesn't pay....

Anyway, congratulations of the GC. Sit back and enjoy for a while. :)

lol, Thanks, I'll definitely check it out :P Appreciate it Dave!! :D

Well, I was expecting a bigger surprise for the green card arrival but it arrived via USPS yesterday. :D Somehow, I didn't feel so thrilled because I found out this morning when in actuality it arrived yesterday but i had no idea because family never passed me my letters and mail. I don't know but I'm not much in the celebrating mood today because of stinking jury duty which I want to mention I just got off after three miserable days. Ok maybe I'm just exaggerating but I didn't like being stuck in a court room about half the day.

1. CONGRATS!

2. Proceed directly to the "glass half empty/half full" thread. :)

lol call me a bad man but I like the part about Dancing girls lol. Somehow that's stuck on my mind now :D :D :) I just might check it out

Food ! Dancing Girls !!! Copious Amounts of Adult Beverages !! More Dancing Girls !!!!

well, ok - maybe instead get out for a party at your favorite eatery, complete with Adult beverages and Dancing Girls!

I tell ya what though - you in Chi Town - pack a big picnic with Adult Beverages and go out for big boat ride .

Hopefully I'm not exaggerating but I didn't want to reply to each person one at a time or else I'd be stuck on CFL all night so I wanna thank everyone for their sincere replies izus, dongdong, AmyandDoug, georgeandli, toplaw, and Clayton of course!

Everyone is very kind and it fills my heart with joy to know so many wonderful people reside in this Candle for love site. Again, I think I couldn't have made it this far without all your help and everyone who I haven't mentioned has also probably played a big role. I know the big MOD's have definitely helped a lot and those experienced/inexperienced members have also contributed a lot! No matter the names but they know who they are. So thanks to all of you also.

I think we're definitely gonna celebrate. Wife found out today she passed ESL 6 and wants to continue studying :o :blink: :P . I don't know about her but it's been a heck of short summer semester answering all of her grammar questions and writing essays and going over readings hasn't been fun.

So for now, we're gonna relax and enjoy the rest of the summer. Wifey's gonna be able to go out. And heck,although I love my mom and family, we need space! lol.

Thanks everyone!!!

spacebar,

CONGRATULATIONS :D :D :) TO YOU AND YOUR LAO PO!!!

Find it in your heart to celebrate.

Yes, perhaps it is a bit of let down after such a long process and getting the GC in the mail with no fan fare, parade, blowing horns, balloons, etc., but if your Lao Po is anything like mine...it meant the world to her. She examined it again and again and shared it with whoever would take a moment to look at it, share her excitement and congratulate her and yourself. It's a huge accomplishment for you both. You've worked hard and come a long way.

Time for a romantic dinner!! Enjoy.

Clayton