I like talking about food

Sorry the last thread ended in a not so "foodly" way :(

My wife tends to think everything in China is best. Does anyone experience that with thier loved ones? I don't say this to say anything negative about her :), I only say it as an observation that she hasn't had a chance to compare yet. I beleive she will learn many things.

As I said before, I intend to defer more to Chinese cooking for her, if it is healther in most cases.

Lao Po did really like Pizza Hut... she said she only wanted to eat Pizza Hut here. I told her, I don't really eat Pizza Hut here, there are many other choices... What happened, she went to Papa Johns and liked it :P .... One of her friends told her that the chickens don't taste as good her... there maybe something to what she said, since the chicken is still kicking when they start to cook them there... I must say, in china, they do beleive in eating fresh. I like the idea of eating my fish minutes after it was swimming.

In China, while they do have some variety, but mostly in the smaller towns and cities, the choices are eating Chinese or ..... Chinese. We have a huge selection here in the US, this could be why, I need to work on losing weight. ;)

On the subject of food.... last year, when I visited Lao Po, My wife and I and another Chinese woman went to Hong Kong, I saw a Mrs Fields cookie booth... I only saw a Mrs. Fields last in NYC, one being in the World Trade Center :( ,.... but I bought everyone a chocolete chip cookie that was very fresh and warm. It was great for me as I expected, my wife said it was too soft (she is so pro-China :) )... but the other woman was so impressed that she immedialtely reached in her pocketbook to buy more until the lady told her how much they costed :D .... Mrs. Fields certaintly got very rich off selling warm cookies that make you go uhmmmm and your mouth smiles.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)
My wife tends to think everything in China is best. Does anyone experience that with thier loved ones? I don't say this to say anything negative about her (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif), I only say it as an observation that she hasn't had a chance to compare yet. I beleive she will learn many things.

Yes, but it was the initial "culture shock" of arriving in the US. She constantly made comparisons with China in such a way that everything here was inferior. It's just a coping mechanism we all implement to maintain a sense of security during a major adjustment. In time, she'll get over it.

My wife spent 10 years in Japan so she isn't like this.

Everything in China isn't best. Everything in Japan is best. Everything in China is second best. Then Korea. Then Italy (Japanese people think Italian food is good because it's noodles). Then France (but she's never actually had French food. After she tastes it and realizes that it's a lot of cheese and cream sauce, I think she'll change her mind).

But American food is better than a Brazilian meat buffet.

My wife tends to think everything in China is best. Does anyone experience that with thier loved ones? I don't say this to say anything negative about her (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif), I only say it as an observation that she hasn't had a chance to compare yet. I beleive she will learn many things.

Yes, but it was the initial "culture shock" of arriving in the US. She constantly made comparisons with China in such a way that everything here was inferior. It's just a coping mechanism we all implement to maintain a sense of security during a major adjustment. In time, she'll get over it.

You are right, so far, she has had me bring back about 4 comforters and a bunch of other things... Each time I had to buy a bag to bring these things :lol:

Now she wants to bring mushrooms and stuff ... I told her, it is ok not to bring it, but she wants to bring a 3 year supply.... you have to love her... my little pumpkin. ;)

Guest Tony n Terrific

I have showed my wife how to cook Neopolitan Italian style food. (Lot of red sauces) She loves it and she has asked me to send more recipes to her. Unfortunately all the ingredients are not available in China at this time.