pink undies, pink tie, pink flowers

Hello everyone!!

Hubby and I couldn't sleep much last night so woke up kind of late. Showered and ate breakfast. Went downstairs to get the interview. Hubby lined up in the 7:15 line and the security guards hearded non-interviewers and made us go far away. Haha. After hubby entered the building around 7:40, mom and I went to buy some flowers. There was a store nearby and when we got there it was closed! I called the number and the lady said she would be there in 2 minutes. Bought a small bouquet of roses and gebera dasies and headed off to the Consulate building around 8:30ish. Sat in the cafe and paid $7 (each!) for a can of soda and some snacks. Waited. Waited. Waited. Texted with Bokiwen and Darnell made check ins about every hour. Waited. Waited. Waited.

Then, out of nowhere, my husband, looking ravishing in his suit, came out from behind the wall looking lost. I paniced and ran over to him. I asked him what happened?!?! He didn't answer for a few seconds. He wasn't holding any paper, pink, blue, or white. I paniced more. He picked me off the ground and spun me around and kissed me and said in English, "WE DID IT!!!!" The whole cafe was watching us and I gave hubby the flowers and my mom hugged him and everyone started crying, even hubby had a small tear in his eye, I could tell! Took some pictures and called a bunch of people including his parents back in Inner Mongolia. His sister called from Japan after hearing the good news. My sister, as always, was dense. When hubby called her, he said Sara, I did it! And she thought he meant "I did it, I was able to call you!" HAHA.

CFL, thank you ALL for all the support and friendship you have all given. Special thanks to Bokiwen for treating us to lunch yesterday and for rubbing the good luck onto us!

This is basically how his interview went:

The first time hubby's name was called, he went to the window and then they asked for all of his documents, the I-864, and they wanted a copy of our marriage cert. He paniced and couldn't find the copy so they made him go out near the cafe and make a copy (they gave him some kind of like re-entry ticket) Then they gave him a number and he went to pay the visa fee. Then waited and waited. Then he was called for fingerprinting. Then he waited again until he was called for his interview.

Interview:

Hubby in Chinese: Ni Hao

VO: Ni Hao, Passport (all in Chinese)

VO: Can you speak English?

Hubby in English: No, sorry

VO: (looking at passports) You speak Japanese?

Hubby: Yeah (gives EOR letter but VO doesn't look at it lol)

VO: Who applied for your visa?

Hubby: My wife, Erika Xiaofeizhu hehe

VO: Looked at I-864 and some other docs for a minute

VO: When did you meet?

Hubby: Sept 2005

VO: How did you meet

Hubby: We were classmates in the same university and met when my wife fell off her bicycle

VO: (laughs) Where is your wife living?

Hubby: In my home, Inner Mongolia

VO: Where?

Hubby in English: Inner Mongolia

VO: Oh. Who is your joint sponsor?

Hubby: My wife's mom and dad, XXX and XXX

VO: Yes, good

VO: Do you have pictures?

Hubby: (Gives pictures)

VO: Looks at pics for over a minute

VO: (while looking at pics) Why did you guys get married?

Hubby: Because we knew each other for a while and were together for a while and had been living together. We both love each other a lot so we got married.

VO: (VO laughs) What is your wife doing right now?

Hubby: She is a student

VO: At what school?

Hubby: University of Hawaii

VO: What will you do when you go to the USA?

Hubby: I will also enroll in university

VO: Oh. When did you graduate from the Japanese Program?

Hubby: Jan 2007

(Hubby says that VO was writing something the whole time and it seemed like he was just asking questions to pass the time while writing whatever he was writing. The questions stopped after he was finished writing)

VO: (returns pics and passports) Congratulations (hubby couldn't hear something said) Please go outside to make arrangements to get your visa.

Hubby in English: Thank you very much

That was it! Hubby said he felt like he got a long one. But he said that the VO, a white man with short hair, was very friendly even though the VO's first expression looked "strict" or I guess unfriendly.

We should be able to pick up our visa on Thursday. Hopefully everything goes well and we will be back in Inner Mongolia by the 21st so that I can extend my Chinese visa which expires on the 23rd. Then hopefully we will be in Hawaii at the beginning of August!

I'm still on cloud nine. Thanks for all the support guys and for all the congrats you have given me in the thread Darnell started!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WenDylan

HOORAY!! :D :P :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/jprezfashion/funny/pig-dance.gifhttp://bp1.blogger.com/_Ey_MOEihCXI/Rtxi1Yw66hI/AAAAAAAAB_A/GoQazut_H1E/s400/Pig%20Dance.gifhttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/jprezfashion/funny/pig-dance.gifhttp://bp1.blogger.com/_Ey_MOEihCXI/Rtxi1Yw66hI/AAAAAAAAB_A/GoQazut_H1E/s400/Pig%20Dance.gif

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa123/Blorno/celebrate.gif

(By the way, are you going to share any of those pictures?)

Edited by WenDylan (see edit history)

Hot damn Erika!!! I'm really happy to see the GREAT NEWS!!

You guys are a great couple and I hope life always sees you with a happy grin on your face. :D

tsap seui

Hello everyone!!

Hubby and I couldn't sleep much last night so woke up kind of late. Showered and ate breakfast. Went downstairs to get the interview. Hubby lined up in the 7:15 line and the security guards hearded non-interviewers and made us go far away. Haha. After hubby entered the building around 7:40, mom and I went to buy some flowers. There was a store nearby and when we got there it was closed! I called the number and the lady said she would be there in 2 minutes. Bought a small bouquet of roses and gebera dasies and headed off to the Consulate building around 8:30ish. Sat in the cafe and paid $7 (each!) for a can of soda and some snacks. Waited. Waited. Waited. Texted with Bokiwen and Darnell made check ins about every hour. Waited. Waited. Waited.

Then, out of nowhere, my husband, looking ravishing in his suit, came out from behind the wall looking lost. I paniced and ran over to him. I asked him what happened?!?! He didn't answer for a few seconds. He wasn't holding any paper, pink, blue, or white. I paniced more. He picked me off the ground and spun me around and kissed me and said in English, "WE DID IT!!!!" The whole cafe was watching us and I gave hubby the flowers and my mom hugged him and everyone started crying, even hubby had a small tear in his eye, I could tell! Took some pictures and called a bunch of people including his parents back in Inner Mongolia. His sister called from Japan after hearing the good news. My sister, as always, was dense. When hubby called her, he said Sara, I did it! And she thought he meant "I did it, I was able to call you!" HAHA.

CFL, thank you ALL for all the support and friendship you have all given. Special thanks to Bokiwen for treating us to lunch yesterday and for rubbing the good luck onto us!

This is basically how his interview went:

The first time hubby's name was called, he went to the window and then they asked for all of his documents, the I-864, and they wanted a copy of our marriage cert. He paniced and couldn't find the copy so they made him go out near the cafe and make a copy (they gave him some kind of like re-entry ticket) Then they gave him a number and he went to pay the visa fee. Then waited and waited. Then he was called for fingerprinting. Then he waited again until he was called for his interview.

Interview:

Hubby in Chinese: Ni Hao

VO: Ni Hao, Passport (all in Chinese)

VO: Can you speak English?

Hubby in English: No, sorry

VO: (looking at passports) You speak Japanese?

Hubby: Yeah (gives EOR letter but VO doesn't look at it lol)

VO: Who applied for your visa?

Hubby: My wife, Erika Xiaofeizhu hehe

VO: Looked at I-864 and some other docs for a minute

VO: When did you meet?

Hubby: Sept 2005

VO: How did you meet

Hubby: We were classmates in the same university and met when my wife fell off her bicycle

VO: (laughs) Where is your wife living?

Hubby: In my home, Inner Mongolia

VO: Where?

Hubby in English: Inner Mongolia

VO: Oh. Who is your joint sponsor?

Hubby: My wife's mom and dad, XXX and XXX

VO: Yes, good

VO: Do you have pictures?

Hubby: (Gives pictures)

VO: Looks at pics for over a minute

VO: (while looking at pics) Why did you guys get married?

Hubby: Because we knew each other for a while and were together for a while and had been living together. We both love each other a lot so we got married.

VO: (VO laughs) What is your wife doing right now?

Hubby: She is a student

VO: At what school?

Hubby: University of Hawaii

VO: What will you do when you go to the USA?

Hubby: I will also enroll in university

VO: Oh. When did you graduate from the Japanese Program?

Hubby: Jan 2007

(Hubby says that VO was writing something the whole time and it seemed like he was just asking questions to pass the time while writing whatever he was writing. The questions stopped after he was finished writing)

VO: (returns pics and passports) Congratulations (hubby couldn't hear something said) Please go outside to make arrangements to get your visa.

Hubby in English: Thank you very much

That was it! Hubby said he felt like he got a long one. But he said that the VO, a white man with short hair, was very friendly even though the VO's first expression looked "strict" or I guess unfriendly.

We should be able to pick up our visa on Thursday. Hopefully everything goes well and we will be back in Inner Mongolia by the 21st so that I can extend my Chinese visa which expires on the 23rd. Then hopefully we will be in Hawaii at the beginning of August!

I'm still on cloud nine. Thanks for all the support guys and for all the congrats you have given me in the thread Darnell started!!

Yeah, I had that $8.00 (55 RMB) cup of Italian coffee yesterday and the $1.47 refill (10 RMB). Wow, more expensive than Starbucks.

I thank you too for texting me while I was waiting. It provided a way to get my mind off of things for a little while. To tell the truth, I was probably more nervous than my wife. (again, she had the 1-minute, Hello. Let me see your passport. How did you meet your husband? Let me see your photos... congrats interview). Erika, I'm glad Li Yin and I could make your experience a little easier!!