Interview date for 10 yr green card

We finally got the interview date for her 10 yr green card. Initially I was concerned because we got an I-797 that was printed on May 16 telling us we had an interview schedules for June 6th, We recieved the notification on JUNE 20TH (it was mailed JUNE 18th), but the kicker is we was there on June 12th to get the status of our case and the officer we talked to said no appointment was scheduled.

I immeadietly called the USCIS info line explained the problem to the operator who referred me to an immigration officer. Both were dumbfounded and incredulous by this, but the immigration officer told me to send copies of the I-797, the envelope with the mailing date, a copy of the June 12 appointment and a cover letter expressing our disgust at this and ask them how they expect us to show up at an appointment if we are notified after the fact and demand that they reschedule as soon as possible. I mailed the letter and copies to the USCIS office in San Antonio on June 23rd, but on June 25th I had a letter from the San Antonio office with an appointment on July 29th.

I think our letters passed each other in the mail, but maybe it will be a wake up call to them to pay attention to what they are doing and how their mistakes affect others.

We finally got the interview date for her 10 yr green card. Initially I was concerned because we got an I-797 that was printed on May 16 telling us we had an interview schedules for June 6th, We recieved the notification on JUNE 20TH (it was mailed JUNE 18th), but the kicker is we was there on June 12th to get the status of our case and the officer we talked to said no appointment was scheduled.

I immeadietly called the USCIS info line explained the problem to the operator who referred me to an immigration officer. Both were dumbfounded and incredulous by this, but the immigration officer told me to send copies of the I-797, the envelope with the mailing date, a copy of the June 12 appointment and a cover letter expressing our disgust at this and ask them how they expect us to show up at an appointment if we are notified after the fact and demand that they reschedule as soon as possible. I mailed the letter and copies to the USCIS office in San Antonio on June 23rd, but on June 25th I had a letter from the San Antonio office with an appointment on July 29th.

I think our letters passed each other in the mail, but maybe it will be a wake up call to them to pay attention to what they are doing and how their mistakes affect others.

...so when's the interview??? And good luck with it. It should go very well for you two.

Carl, and this latest f-up suprises you how? I'm not trying to be flippant. The well oiled machine. Sometimes ya gotta laugh otherwise ya cry! So it's the 29th, right? No worries, and no questions. Easy as pie is my wish for you.

Unusual for USCIS to interview for removal of conditions, did they interview for the 2 year CR-Green card?

Carl, and this latest f-up suprises you how? I'm not trying to be flippant. The well oiled machine. Sometimes ya gotta laugh otherwise ya cry! So it's the 29th, right? No worries, and no questions. Easy as pie is my wish for you.

I almost asked what they wanted.....pictures of us in bed together?

Not worried, I just want it all to be over.... Ying wants to apply for citizenship as soon as she is eligible. So that is next on the agenda

They can ask for all the forms and paperwork in the world, none of it IMHO is worth anything. Until they learn to read minds to know intent, if they make a decision it's fraudulent, how can you prove otherwise? Not that it'll be an issue for you. If they just get the schedule thing together, 5 minutes a fast stamp and you're on your way!