Hi everyone,

In the form OF-169 the first check marks is asking for getting an EMC Label from the China post office.

How do you get it?

What is it?

We are waiting for NVC approval at this time.

Thanks

This is a new thing and it's GREAT!!!!

Packets from the consulate are sent via EMS (similar to FedEx), the beneficiary only needs to stop by the post office and pickup an EMS label and enter the delivery address for P4. They also ask that you fill in the From address, which is provided in the form in both English and Chinese.

Then it's included with the P-3 return packet.

This should help cut down on delays due to bad address info we have seen in the past.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

In the form OF-169 the first check marks is asking for getting an EMC Label from the China post office.

How do you get it?

What is it?

Thanks

It's actually an EMS label, and it is used by the consulate to mail out your P4. My SO got two EMS labels, one to mail the P3 back to Guangzhou, and one placed in the package for the consulate to use to send out the P4. This way we can track the P3 back to Guangzhou and also track the P4. All I need now is the website URL where I can actually track it... doh!

;)

Hi everyone,

How do you get it?

What is it?

Thanks

It's actually an EMS label, and it is used by the consulate to mail out your P4. My SO got two EMS labels, one to mail the P3 back to Guangzhou, and one placed in the package for the consulate to use to send out the P4. This way we can track the P3 back to Guangzhou and also track the P4. All I need now is the website URL where I can actually track it... doh!

;)

here is the link bill. http://www.ems.com.cn/qcgzOutQueryAction.d...ode=gotoSearchE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

How do you get it?

What is it?

Thanks

Packets from the consulate are sent via EMS (similar to FedEx), the beneficiary only needs to stop by the post office and pickup an EMS label and enter the delivery address for P4. They also ask that you fill in the From address, which is provided in the form in both English and Chinese.

This should help cut down on delays due to bad address info we have seen in the past.

Is it the label for China Domestic EMS, not the label for International EMS? Just want to clarify cuz I need to ask my family to send one to my from China. I need to mail it to NVC along with DS-230 part I.

Hi everyone,

How do you get it?

What is it?

Thanks

Is it the label for China Domestic EMS, not the label for International EMS? Just want to clarify cuz I need to ask my family to send one to my from China. I need to mail it to NVC along with DS-230 part I.

Domestic because the label is used in China only.

Good luck!!!

• 8 months later...

Anyone want to take a crack at explaining the EMS label to my fiancee in Chinese? She speaks English well, but something is still getting lost in the translation. The instructions on the 169 form are not enough. I explained to her before to get two EMS labels: one to include in the P3 package and one to send the package. We haven't received the P3 yet, but it could come any day now and I want her to be prepared.

She did go to the Post Office and got two EMS labels. The best I can figure is that the Post Office put the return label inside the envelope addressed to GUZ, nothing else, and mailed it. She took the instructions in Chinese with her to the Post Office. I am with her now in Shanghai, but I leave Sunday. As luck has it, it is a 3 day holiday and the Post Office is closed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.