Hi,

I know this question has been asked before, but I want to make sure again. I have a 1 year multiple entry visa to China expiring this October. I will be flying to Beijing in 1 1/2 week. I want to know what do I need to show the Chinese Custom this time to get admitted? Does my Hubby need to write an invitation letter and show proof of his Chinese residency? The reason I ask is becasue my Hubby just sold his apartment (in case he gets is K3 vsia this fall) and currently just living with friends now. Or, should I just fake it and say I am touring Beijing alone and staying at a hotel? Does anyone know how much more intense it is now to go into China as it gets closer to Olympic Games? Anyone will be or just traveled to China have experience to share?

Thanks!

Guest Mike and Lily

Hi,

I know this question has been asked before, but I want to make sure again. I have a 1 year multiple entry visa to China expiring this October. I will be flying to Beijing in 1 1/2 week. I want to know what do I need to show the Chinese Custom this time to get admitted? Does my Hubby need to write an invitation letter and show proof of his Chinese residency? The reason I ask is becasue my Hubby just sold his apartment (in case he gets is K3 vsia this fall) and currently just living with friends now. Or, should I just fake it and say I am touring Beijing alone and staying at a hotel? Does anyone know how much more intense it is now to go into China as it gets closer to Olympic Games? Anyone will be or just traveled to China have experience to share?

Thanks!

Am I missing something? If you have a valid passport and visa, you shouldn't need anything else to get through customs, except to fill out the customs paperwork on the plane.

I am worry that the Chinese Custom is more strict now. So, you don't think they will ask a lot of questions? I am thinking what I should say in case they do ask when I will be staying and doing in China. When I applied for my Chinese Visa last year, I put down touring, even though it was for marrying my Hubby. I never state that I have family in China now. Would this be a problem?

Guest Mike and Lily

I am worry that the Chinese Custom is more strict now. So, you don't think they will ask a lot of questions? I am thinking what I should say in case they do ask when I will be staying and doing in China. When I applied for my Chinese Visa last year, I put down touring, even though it was for marrying my Hubby. I never state that I have family in China now. Would this be a problem?

If they were going to give you a hard time, it likely would have been when they issued the visa. Now that you have it, it should not be a problem. If your Lao Gong is in Beijing, then you should just check the "visiting friends and family" box, and that should be the end of it. No problem I think.

I think you are worrying too much in this case. Just be honest with all you do and there will not be any problems, as long as your visa is valid/current.

When I made my first visits to China, I put down vacation/tourism for the reason, on both the visa application and on the entry document, which is provided on the airplane before landing.

Then after I married Lao Po, I started to put visiting family/relatives on the entry card. In addition to my passport with visa and my PRC entry data card, I would also hand them my little red marriage book at the entry portal.

In all my trips, I was never asked one clarifying question, never delayed, and always greeted with a big smile when they looked at the marriage book !!

Actually, the process is simpler now, as instead of the two separate forms they had you fill out before, one for health issues and the other the entry form, there is now only one form for entry into the PRC.

It would not hurt to have your SO give you an invitation letter in both Chinese and English. Have his government ID number and phone number on it and whatever else you think could help in your situation. Have him sign it in Chinese and pinyin. Scan it and email it to you.

That is what we did. It does not take much time and does not cost anything. You never know what might be happening as you are entering the country. These are crazy times even for China.

I can post our letter if it helps.