Jay & Ping need some help

Ok guys, we received Blue today for a simple document that we have available. The slip says to mail it to Shamian Island. Can we hand carry it to the conslate here in Guangzhou, or must it go to Shamian?

Jay,

What type of paperwork did they need from you.

Jim

Ok guys, we received Blue today for a simple document that we have available. The slip says to mail it to Shamian Island. Can we hand carry it to the conslate here in Guangzhou, or must it go to Shamian?

Jay,

What type of paperwork did they need from you.

Jim

Just a notarized copy of her daughter's birth certificate. We have the document comming in tomorrow. The notarized copy we had missed a section - crap. We're rediong it from the original. A simple overcome, but doable. I'm looking to see if the consolate has a drop off or is Shamian is the proper place. The blue slip only referrs to mailing the documents.

Sorry about the blue, but it is just a samll bump. It should be easy to overcome.

Jay and Ping,

Im very sorry about the blue slip, but it seems to be ok and simple to overcome. goodluck. Im sorry I have no good advice just give you my thoughts that things will smoothly for you two.

Just a notarized copy of her daughter's birth certificate. We have the document comming in tomorrow. The notarized copy we had missed a section - crap. We're rediong it from the original. A simple overcome, but doable. I'm looking to see if the consolate has a drop off or is Shamian is the proper place. The blue slip only referrs to mailing the documents.

I am sorry, Jay & Ping...this does sound rather straight forward though and not much at all... Good Luck for a quick reversal!

David

A simple rule of thumb here - DO EXACTLY WHAT THE BLUE SLIP SAYS

Hope it works quickly

Yea, I know. I just hate to mail it when I can hand deliver.

Can I take it to ACH?

Jay, first I am sorry to hear about the delay, but at the same time am glad it is only for an easily obtainable document.

Next, while I think Randy always gives really great/sound advice on a consistent basis here on the board, I have a suggestion for you, which may work in this case, given the nature of the info they request and the fact that the weekend will give you some 'wiggle-room, with the mail in process.

The request to mail in the document may, in part, be out of consideration for the beneficiary, who most likely will not be from Guangzhou, and also many times will not have the petitioner at her side, so they may not be able to wait around to obtain a doc' and then hand deliver it ???

Therefore, there may be nothing to lose and something to gain, with the following: In your morning, Friday in China, go to the ACS window (open until 3:00 p.m.) and explain the situation to the one of the agents and tell them you are in GZ for only a few days more and that you have the overcome doc' in-hand, and ask if he/she can walk it over to the folks in the IV unit, on the other side of the room.

Next, absent that (if they will not help you at the ACS window) since the ACH is on Monday, and anything you mailed in, will be delayed in their Shamian Is. mailroom a day or two anyway, I don't think it would hurt any to make the inquiry with a VO at the ACH on Monday at 3:00 p.m.

As I have stated before, I have attended two ACH's and also two ACS's and I have had some really good results, with both venues, with issues I have had. I can't say anything more than that at this time; but if you talk clearly, sincerely, and softly, with the document in hand in their view, you may have some good results.

The worst case scenario is that neither may yield any results and then you immediately mail the doc' with a copy of the instruction sheet, via EMS on Monday afternoon, and they have it on Tuesday and then begin their processing. And as Rob said, pay the 5 yuan and get a reciept if you end up mailing it.

As a side-bar to this and as has been discussed in this and other threads recently, this is an important document when a child is involved. I included an [original] complete notarized/translated birth certificate with my petition, along with a copy of daughter's notarized passport and the notarized family book, all as exhibits in the I-129F, to ensure we had this all buttoned up at interview time. Others who follow and who have a child on their petition, should take note of this.

Best of luck to you Jay in whatever you choose to do at this juncture, I am sure you will be fine and have Pink in hand, once this is processed, aside from the immediate frustration. ;)