Got blue and the blues... :(

I just got back home after a long 13 hours flight from CAN to LAX and without my wife.

We ended up getting a blue slip.

Visa Officers asked my wife only 2 questions.

1.) Do you know your husband lives in the USA?

Wife: Yes

2.) How did your meet?

Wife: Through my uncle in San Francisco. My husband's brother in law used to be my uncle's neighbor in Vietnam.

Then she was asked to show 2 supporting documents:

1.) May I see pictures.

2.) May I see financial documents?

We got a pink on the 4th and on the 7th, we ended up picking up a blue slip.

They asked me why I went to China to marry and if I had family in China.

Isn't that what the freaking Family Composition Sheet is for???

If anyone watches your three videos, your story suddenly becomes more than just another statistic.

Ping and I watched the videos together. Very beautiful, and very touching. The song on your wedding video was the same song that we heard for 10 hours the day we had our wedding photos taken. You guys make a great couple.

Yeah, we could see the intent to defraud all over the screen. Clearly no emotional attachment and no bona fide relationship between the two of you. :(

We hope your overcome is swift and successful. In the meantime, they can't take away your feelings for each other.

Ben,

I watched you videos too. You and your wife are so happy together. You two are a great couple. I am so angry and sad that our government can have this much control over our destiny. I am angry right now writing this.

You two can overcome this, my brother. Would you post more information on the reason they gave for the denial? There are so much experience here and I know we all would love to help where we can to see you overcome this and bring your wife home!

As you may know from my posts here, my wife and I were in a tizzy about our treatment by G'zhou, but at least they fronted with us and issued a blue card at the conclusion of the interview. Only then did their sadistic game-playing begin. They shafted you two right out of the starting gate with their bate-and-switch game.

It's a shame and a half, really. If we meet on the Internet it seems like a scam to them. If we meet through friends, we are all in league to get Chinese women to the US. If we meet at a Karaoke bar or Starbucks our relationship is not bona fide. The next couple needs to say they met at a church social!

Also, you are now working on a blue card ~ just like us. And we just got our visa two days ago. The total delay counting from the interview was just shy of four months . . . hardly a lifetime. Hang in there. The things they asked for, while mean spirited because they could have simply asked for them during the interview, sound like easy things to supply (and you apparently already have) and the type of stuff that often gets good turn-around time at G'zhou. You might get a call in letter in a week or two (yes, they don't give a hoot about your trip back to the US empty-handed).

Edited by shyaushu (see edit history)