Homersimpson

Guest Rob & Jin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The indignity of your story leaves me speechless.

While I'm one of the lucky ones...that's just it, I'm lucky. Period.

I understood going into the interview there was no reason (based on the bureautechnofuknicextravaganzalogic in GZH) for me not to get Pink, Blue or even White. It was a crapshoot in my mind all the way thru this agonizing ordeal.

I get that GZH VO's have their reasons (which all any of us can do is speculate over with as much reason as we can muster). With no accountability and no legal recourse for us, each VO can operate recklessly if they happen to feel like it on any particular day for any reason. There is simply no objective standards that are followed in GZH, nor are the VO's trained and educated in assessing character.

Homer, just give them what they're asking for and hope and pray for a good outcome.

Had I been in your shoes recently, I'm not sure I would be handling things as well as you are holding up. You have a right to be pissed senseless. Try to take care of yourself as much as possible during this period of purgatory.

Sorry to hear that.....I can also feel your pain.....we got blue also. :roller:

Homer and Nate...As my fiancee once said..."await interview is easy, one day is one day. Have blue slip, one day is one year."

My hope and prayer for both you and your ladies is you get a speedy and successful overcome.

tsap seui

I 'm still in a state of shock and denial and very often, anger. I'm not sure how I will be able to focus on work tomorrow especially when I have to repeat the same story to my co-workers about 50 times as many are curious about when they will be able to meet my wife.

All possible documents Guangzhou might ask were provided to my wife, yet nothing was fvcking asked for except for Pictures and Financial Documents.

I have even put my wife on my Company's health insurance plan and have been paying an extra $100 a month so she would be covered...if...when ...she gets here. She is the only beneficiary of a $1 million insurance policy I have at work.

5 Fvcking trips, every trip that was well over 2 weeks stay except for a week trip in Shanghai and yet, my marriage is a fvcking fraud according to the visa officer.

Any of the possible visa fraud case "red flags" don't apply to us because

1.) We have never been married. We have no children. First marriage for the 2 of us.

2.) Marriage for financial gain can be ruled out because I have a nice sizable 401k/IRA that my wife is a beneficiary of. My income is well above the poverty level and I have been employed at the same Bank for the past 7 years.

So what the fvck is their problem?

Blue slips asked for the following:

a.) Why did your husband(me) come to China to marry?

b.) Does your husband have family in China?

c.) Please have your husband state how many trips he made and how you spent time together.

We were also asked on the attached pink sheet for 2 statements on the checkbox:

1.) Statements- Letter of Evolutionship

2.) Statements - Number of Trips and how we spent time together.

WHY THE HELL DIDN'T VO ask for this information at the interview?? I prepared a Letter of Evolutionship for my wife to take to the interview, yet, the VO never asked for this at the time of the interview. My wife had my original passport, copy of Hotel receipts, airline stubs from 5 trips, etc all with her but never asked for.

And why the hell are they asking me if I have family in China? My wife filled out the Family Composition Sheet on her family side and my family side and it clearly shows that both my parents and my 4 siblings have been living in the USA since 1979!

These guys have a fvcking nice gigs. They play with people's life and we have no recourse against them.

I would be fired from my position if I play this game at work.

Edited by thewaitiskillingme (see edit history)

Hi, just wondering how you received pink on June 4 and then received blue on June 7?

• 2 weeks later...

Hullo Homer - just a quick check in?

I pray you were able to calm down enough to re-prepare that info packet and get it into the GUZ postal portal. Good Luck !!

Guest Rob & Jin

Hi, just wondering how you received pink on June 4 and then received blue on June 7?

This happens quite often :ph34r: maybe from fingerprints, incorrect forms (156/7, 24 etc) or supervisor review .

I pray you were able to calm down enough to re-prepare that info packet and get it into the GUZ postal portal. Good Luck !!

I have emailed Guangzhou every 10 days and so far, they said they have not processed our mail(EMS shows that they received the mail at the White Swan Hotel on 06/11/2008. Playing the waiting game. Just emailed them again yesterday and waiting for the next "we have not processed your mail" response.

I have emailed Guangzhou every 10 days and so far, they said they have not processed our mail(EMS shows that they received the mail at the White Swan Hotel on 06/11/2008. Playing the waiting game. Just emailed them again yesterday and waiting for the next "we have not processed your mail" response.

Somebody said something so true, await for the interview, one day is one day, but await after blue, one day is a year. Understand the frustration, hopefully good outcome soon.

• 2 months later...

4 months later and I finally received a response from GUZ today.

They said they sent my wife a "call in letter" on 10/06. I'm waiting this is a Visa approval and not another interview.

Seems like a "call in letter" can = visa approved or another interview.

This has been the longest 4 months of my wife and I just want our life to move on. It's been really tough having your life hang in limbo.

Homer - THAT'S EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

FWIW - I've never heard of ANYONE being denied after receiving a notice for 'call in interview'. Hang in there, October is your month !

But hei - give it a week - as 'the day they said they mailed it' is rarely 'the day it got into the china postal system'.

I always think 1 to 3 days for GUZ mailroom processing, then another 2 to 7 days for it to arrive at the 'listed address'.

I do remember someone here (two someones, in fact) that had this same status, and did not physically receive the letter within 30 days.

I cant recall what they did to get INTO the IV unit again, but both results were PINK.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)