PINK IT IS !!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, to each of you for your kind words and support !!! :D

It is still like a dream, that this process has finally reached this step !! ;) :)

It was really an amazing feeling waiting in line at the Consulate and then making sure they had everything together before leaving the 4th for the 5th floor. Then the long (for me) wait until almost noon, for them to appear. I must say, it added to the total experience, to be there with them at this time.

BTW, my wife recalled she did have a third question: "How long have you been married......and she answered over 18 months."

There was standing room only in the coffee shop !! The first woman came down from the 5th floor at about 10:00 and she had a Pink in her hand. She was soon followed by another woman with a Pink, and then about 15 minutes later, another with a Blue. My observation was that it was mostly Pink with about 25% Blue, on Monday.

As I stated previously, I sat with Rob's lovely wife Jin, who came down from Mr. Yang's to sit and wait with me. Her English is very good and she has such a pleasant personality !! I have told Rob, that he did very good !!! :D

We sat close to two other petitioners, one a CFL member (Doug&Lulu) from Michigan, and another very young man (non member) from NY.

Doug is a great guy and his wife is beautiful and very sweet like Jin. Their overcome is really straight forward (expired single certificate) and I expect they will have the Pink in short order !!! ;) Best wishes to you Doug, you are a nice man !!!

The other young man (non CFL member) and his very young 'fiancee' had a very strong/serious Blue slip. I will not offer my perspective/observations on this now; but may at some later date.

Yesterday afternoon Lao Po called Jin and made sure she was able to obtain her flight tickets ok; and we said our goodbyes and told her we looked forward to meeting up with her and Rob in July at the Rodeo in WY. As I write this, she is about three hours out from LAX and soon will be with Rob and his boys !! :D

My wife and I will check in with China Post this a.m. after 9:00 China time, to see if the visas have arrived. I checked with the EMS online tracking and I do not see that they have left the Consulate yet, so maybe it will go to day three for their arrival at the PO ???

I have some built in flexibility in my schedule, so I will wait it out. I will let everyone know, just as soon as I hear something in this regard.

Again, thanks for all the nice comments !!! :)

Time for some of the best Dim Sum in all of Guangzhou now !!

Roger, Hongxia, and Minyi !!!! ;)

6:55 a.m. Wednesday, China Time.

Good luck and best wishes to all who follow, this month and thereafter !!!

And, for the record, I did not wear any pink shorts under my Wranglers !!! I am not of the 'Bay Area Culture' !!! :) B) :lol:

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Thank you, to each of you for your kind words and support !!! :D

It is still like a dream, that this process has finally reached this step !! :blink: :)

It was really an amazing feeling waiting in line at the Consulate and then making sure they had everything together before leaving the 4th for the 5th floor. Then the long (for me) wait until almost noon, for them to appear. I must say, it added to the total experience, to be there with them at this time.

BTW, my wife recalled she did have a third question: "How long have you been married......and she answered over 18 months."

There was standing room only in the coffee shop !! The first woman came down from the 5th floor at about 10:00 and she had a Pink in her hand. She was soon followed by another woman with a Pink, and then about 15 minutes later, another with a Blue. My observation was that it was mostly Pink with about 25% Blue, on Monday.

As I stated previously, I sat with Rob's lovely wife Jin, who came down from Mr. Yang's to sit and wait with me. Her English is very good and she has such a pleasant personality !! I have told Rob, that he did very good !!! :D

We sat close to two other petitioners, one a CFL member (Doug&Lulu) from Michigan, and another very young man (non member) from NY.

Doug is a great guy and his wife is beautiful and very sweet like Jin. Their overcome is really straight forward (expired single certificate) and I expect they will have the Pink in short order !!! ;) Best wishes to you Doug, you are a nice man !!!

The other young man (non CFL member) and his very young 'fiancee' had a very strong/serious Blue slip. I will not offer my perspective/observations on this now; but may at some later date.

Yesterday afternoon Lao Po called Jin and made sure she was able to obtain her flight tickets ok; and we said our goodbyes and told her we looked forward to meeting up with her and Rob in July at the Rodeo in WY. As I write this, she is about three hours out from LAX and soon will be with Rob and his boys !! :D

My wife and I will check in with China Post this a.m. after 9:00 China time, to see if the visas have arrived. I checked with the EMS online tracking and I do not see that they have left the Consulate yet, so maybe it will go to day three for their arrival at the PO ???

I have some built in flexibility in my schedule, so I will wait it out. I will let everyone know, just as soon as I hear something in this regard.

Again, thanks for all the nice comments !!! :)

Time for some of the best Dim Sum in all of Guangzhou now !!

Roger, Hongxia, and Minyi !!!! ;)

6:55 a.m. Wednesday, China Time.

Good luck and best wishes to all who follow, this month and thereafter !!!

And, for the record, I did not wear any pink shorts under my Wranglers !!! I am not of the 'Bay Area Culture' !!! :rolleyes: B) :lol:

Roger,

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

Have not heard from you in a while. Now I know why. I knew you would have PINK. You were really well prepared. Now the long trip home...at least you can relax with your wife and daughter on the way home.

Mark

BTW my wife had a daughter on Mother's Day.

Mark, thank you and Congratulations on your new baby !!! :stupid:

FYI: No visas at Post Office today, at day two.

Will check again tomorrow, and if not there at day three, I will drop by GUZ and see if they have any idea as to the most current timeframe for the visa delivery. :offtopic:

It appears the former two working day practice, is currently not in play ??

Check EMS tracking at about 7:30pm if it doesnt show up there as recieved by the post office then it wont be there the next day. Apparently GUZ sends them to the PO at that time each day so it can be picked up the next :(

FYI: No visas at Post Office today, at day two.

Will check again tomorrow, and if not there at day three, I will drop by GUZ and see if they have any idea as to the most current timeframe for the visa delivery. :angry:

It appears the former two working day practice, is currently not in play ??

3 days for us and everyone I met who received pink on that particular day.

belated Congratulations!!

OK, just to update as we prepare to depart Guangzhou tonight......

Up early this a.m. and went to Shamian Is. again before they opened; and had the innoculations accomplished and the yellow shot books produced for wife and daughter. We were in and out, in about 35 minutes. I was amazed at how efficient they are at the medical unit at Shamian !!!

With the USA K-visas now in hand, drove to the Baiyun ticket office in downtown GZ where my wife's friend works and booked/confirmed their two tickets out of Dodge tonight (my flight was already booked previously).

We will arrive in LA tomorrow, Friday evening, PDT.

Very heavy rain all day today, so may encounter a delay out of CAN this evening?? Two of the CZ flights are cancelled next week, due to being diverted for the relief efforts at Sichuan. I feel fortunate to have been able to pull all this together as orig' planned. My GZ businesswoman/Lao Po, really helped with every aspect !!! :P :blink: :D

Next update will most likely be from LA and/or after I arrive back home a few days later, as I promised my daughter a day at Disneyland and the two of them a tour of L.A. and my home town of Pasadena !!! :)