List Traffic Citation on N-400?

Jen pretty much got her Citizenship Application completed. We are wrestling whether to answer Yes to question ¡®16. Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason?¡¯ in the ¡®D. Good Moral Character¡¯ section because of a traffic citation. The citation is for ¡®Failure to yield¡¯. Our lawyer negotiated and got the citation amended to ¡®Illegal parking¡¯ and Jen paid the $280.00 fine. This was 4 years ago. I searched the net and saw both opinions on whether to list and not list minor traffic citations. Some said they called USCIS and was told that minor traffic citations do not need to be listed. I called my lawyer and she agreed with my thinking that the citation should be listed as ¡®Failure to yield¡¯ and the outcome should show ¡®Amended to Illegal parking,$280.00¡¯.

Any advice before we submit Jen¡¯s application would be appreciated. I will post our interview results in hopefully 6 months (or less!). I have a friend whose wife just took her oath about a month ago telling me that USCIS is working hard right now to get as many people to be able to vote as possible. My lawyer also said the same thing. She even said USCIS is working weekends to process the applications!

I'm just filling out the I-751 and in there on the question..."Have you ever been arrested.....(excluding traffic regulations)? Seems strange they would exclude it from Removal of Conditions and then expect it to be listed for Naturalization???

:unsure: :dunno: :blush: Ah I made a funny...Thinking that ANYTHING couldn't be STRANGE about the whole miserable process... :helpsmilie:

Jen submitted her N-400. We listed the traffic citation deciding it can't hurt to list it. In the 'Why were you arrested, cited, detained or charged?' column she put 'Traffic Citation - Failure to yield'. In the 'Outcome or disposition of the arrest, citation, detention or charge' column she put 'Amended to Illegal parking,$280.00'.