How do you change interview date

Our interview date came too quickly and caught us off guard. Also with the earthquake, we lost a couple days of travel.

This is what our problem is.

My SO is trying to get the police and single certificate in Shanghai but she was told it will be 10 working days to get it. She applied on 23 May so 10 working days is 6 June. Interview is 5 June.

How do we notify GUZ 5 June may not be possible and should she call to make the change or does it come from me?

Also do you know if an interview date was changed, when they might reschedule it for? 30 days later?.... :lol:

Also, if she goes to the interview as scheduled, I know it will be a blue slip but do you think it can be taken care of as soon as she gets the certificates or better to just reschedule?

It's 10 working days, if you don't pay up.

I'm sure it can be done in 1 day if you buy them a box of cigarette or give them 100 RMB.

My wife was told initially(GuangXi Province) that she would have to come back next day to apply for her police report(they were on lunch!) and it would take up to 2 weeks. Her relative then went back with her, gave them a box of cigarette and later in the day, she had her police report.

It's 10 working days, if you don't pay up.

I'm sure it can be done in 1 day if you buy them a box of cigarette or give them 100 RMB.

My wife was told initially(GuangXi Province) that she would have to come back next day to apply for her police report(they were on lunch!) and it would take up to 2 weeks. Her relative then went back with her, gave them a box of cigarette and later in the day, she had her police report.

Thanks for the advice..I'll call her tomorrow morning and tell her how she might overcome this problem.

I hope they were just looking for some extra grease to help the process along.

She was very distraught over this.

JeffUSC, I would exchange in a heart beat if you can make it happen!

From the FAQ's:

18. I need to change my appointment date. What should I do?

You may request to change or postpone your interview date by contacting the Consulate either by mail, fax, or email. Be sure to include your name, case number, and your updated mailing address in Chinese characters. Also include a contact phone number where you can be reached.

Your new interview date will be set according to the Consulate¡¯s interview schedule. Please note that in periods of high demand, this may up to several months. The Consulate will send you a new appointment package as soon as your next interview date has been set.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.htm#18

From the FAQ's:

You may request to change or postpone your interview date by contacting the Consulate either by mail, fax, or email. Be sure to include your name, case number, and your updated mailing address in Chinese characters. Also include a contact phone number where you can be reached.

Your new interview date will be set according to the Consulate¡¯s interview schedule. Please note that in periods of high demand, this may up to several months. The Consulate will send you a new appointment package as soon as your next interview date has been set.

thanks this sucks

I hope the cigarettes work

From the FAQ's:

thanks this sucks

I hope the cigarettes work

Good Luck, Nate... !!!

the way we changed our date was_

we emailed them, and they told us to send a fax along with a coppy of id to prove its us (it had to be from my husband) and a signature and then we waited FOREVER for a new date, our second date came almost a month later it sucked when we only needed a couple extra days, and in the end waited about 2mo for the next date it SUCKED!!

I just talked to my wife about this issue. She told me that she went to the Guangzhou police station and had the report in her hand in less than five (5) minutes.

She then went to the Guangzhou Notary and they verified, translated, and notarized, in three working days.

I am not sure why there is such a disparity in procedure between the two cities ???

I had her go get her report two months ago, just to ensure there were no last minute snafu's.

Keep in mind, they will ask for the police report at the medical exam and they package all the docs up in an envelope for interview day.

It is also my understanding, and per my wife's experience this past week, that if you do not have the police report, they will not do the medical.

Lao Po just picked up the medical exam results for her and daughter at the hospital today and all the docs were in a sealed envelope for delivery to the GUZ staff at interview time. For us, it was: Medical reports, x-ray, notarized police report, notarized marriage certificate, and both their notarized birth certificates, all sealed by the hospital staff in the delivery envelope for GUZ on interview day.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Oh boy

I guess big problems.....Not sure why Shanghai is messing around.

thewaitskillingme said is should be on 3 days.....She's out with her uncle this afternoon trying to get the police and single certificate.

I'll know later tonight how's she doing.

Not sure of what happens if she doesn't get the required forms before next week.

Got an answer from GUZ regarding how long the certificates are good for. This was their answer

Thank you for your inquiry!

Please be adivsed that both police certificate and single statement

certificate is only good for one year.

Edited by Nate and Wenju (see edit history)

Oh boy

thewaitskillingme said is should be on 3 days.....She's out with her uncle this afternoon trying to get the police and single certificate.

Not sure of what happens if she doesn't get the required forms before next week.

Hopefully they can convince the local police to expedite the report !! :)

Without the police report, it appears there is an automatic road block, built into the system, on obtaining the final medical report from the hospital, and thus having the official sealed envelope to turn in prior to the interview on that day.

Oh boy

Hopefully they can convince the local police to expedite the report !! :)

Without the police report, it appears there is an automatic road block, built into the system, on obtaining the final medical report from the hospital, and thus having the official sealed envelope to turn in prior to the interview on that day.

thanks for the heads up Rog

another CFLer pm me and said that the medical could still be done but it would be noted that some documents were missing or not included.

I got a replyto my email to GUZ regarding how long the police and single certificate is good for.

If I understood my SO correctly, she has a police report from 23 July 2007 when she went back to Shanghai last year. I'm to totally sure of that but if so, we have one down. I need to find out if she obtain a single certificate last year also. If not....I will tell her to start using persuasion to get it ASAP.

This is the reply to my email.....good for reference for the future.

Thank you for your inquiry!

Please be adivsed that both police certificate and single statement

certificate is only good for one year.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, Guangdong 510133

PRC

Fax: 86-20-38844412

Nate,

I emailed you back. Gave you my fiancee name and number for your fiancee to call. My fiancee told me that you can get things done in 2-3 days. It is a matter of how you do it and who you know. We were able to get all of ours done in 1 day since all her certificates were expired also. Persistence and alot of patience. They work slow.

Aloha my friend,

Jim