Married in China, B4 I leave for US visa question

I am going to file K3/4 when I get back to the states, are there forms my wife and her son could sign before I leave China that might help to start the visa process?

Or any other suggestions.

Richard & Jian

I would say the G325a forms definetly. Per my recent experience, I think they want everything you sent in with your I-130. check the www.uscis.gov site. Good luck.

I am going to file K3/4 when I get back to the states, are there forms my wife and her son could sign before I leave China that might help to start the visa process?

Richard & Jian

Don't forget the passport photos

Hi Richard and Jian,

If you have already filled out the I-130 ,than download the I-129F and make a few copies and Have Jian tell you everything on the I-129F that applies to her...but one important thing is on the second sheet they ask for in her native language and I had Ling do multiple copies of these forms...because I am not good at Chinese.

As far as the G-325a goes..just remember Five copies of each.

Hope this helps and as others have said...Get about 10 passport photos of her so just in case..... :worthy:

Tom and Ling

Richard & Jian

Don't forget the passport photos

Well, I missed the fact that you got married and I now know you did, and Congratulations on getting married...Now that I know this there is also the I-130 that has to be filled out first.....So make multiple copies of the I-130 and have Jian tell you what applies to her. as well as she has to give on the forms both I-130 and I-129F in her native language.

I take it that Jian is a nurse is that correct??

So, you need to get multiple copies of the I-130, I-129F, and the G-325A.

also..because you got married so soon after meeting Jian in person, When you get back to the States to file the I-130 first..I would also include an evolution of relationship in both the I-130 and the I-129F.

Also they will require you to supply affidavits from friends and such.

If you have anymore questions, you can contact me off line or ask on this web-site.

I am going through the same thing you are about to go through... ;) :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Tom and Ling

Richard & Jian

Also...There is nothing that your step-son needs to fill out or sign, but make sure that you include him on the I-129F as one that will come with your wife.

Tom and Ling

Richard & Jian

You don't say his age, but if her son is under 18, you may file the I-130 now, or after he arrives on the K-4. Make sure that he is under 21 when you file it, however, since 21 and over is a different category with a much longer wait.

If he was 18 or over when you married, he may not be able to adjust status from the K-4.

If he was under 18 when you married, no problem.

Hi Richard ! Log in to yer 'Richard' account, see if you have a PM from me from last week. Be Well, and Well Rested !

There's a set of forms that come out when a P-3 is sent to you for the I-130. I can't remember the exact names, but some of them require her signature (and the young man's, as well, on his set).

Remember - if you are filing for K-3, is double paperwork, so have double form sets, one for the I-130, one for the I-129F. If you are filing SOLELY the CR-1, then it's just 'one set' , Thank God.