p-3 arrived today!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this number. What does DOS stand for? I figured that calling the consulate would be best, but I tried calling the number on the Guangzhou consulate website, and it is no longer a good number. The number you listed appears to be a US number, so I'm curious what location it is, and how they would know what is going on at the Guangzhou consulate.

Thanks,

Bill

Do you think DOS = Department of State? Because on the bottom of DHL's website, it says the sender is Department of State. Just my guess though.

Do you think DOS = Department of State? Because on the bottom of DHL's website, it says the sender is Department of State. Just my guess though.

Yes, I think that must be it. However, I don't think the sender is going to know the status of the consulate. I think we would probably need to contact the consulate itself, but maybe the DOS has a working number for them. They probably had to have a phone number to provide DHL when shipping. :)

wow! things are moving much quicker than i expected. my honey received her p-3 from guz today! only 38 days from nvc out to p-3 in! it looks like we will have a july or august interview.

Our P3 arrived today! Two days after yours... ours was 76 days

wow! things are moving much quicker than i expected. my honey received her p-3 from guz today! only 38 days from nvc out to p-3 in! it looks like we will have a july or august interview.

Our P3 arrived today! Two days after yours... ours was 76 days

congrats to you also

Again, once the file leaves the NVC, DHL will have it in Guangzhou, within less than a week. While it will be in China Customs for a period of time for clearance, I seriously doubt that it is as long a time as some have speculated. The longest wait has been in the GUZ warehouse, waiting in queue, IMO.

The Chinese know what is in these pallets addressed to USCOCGUZ, they see thousands come through every month. They have too much crap coming through Customs each day, to have these shipments tie up staff and floor space at China Customs for an inordinate amount of time.

DHL ships it express, so it is in Guangzhou in 3 days, then the "Clearance delay" (which, according to DHL, is when it sits in a dock waiting to be "received" by a consulate officer). Would you consider 2 weeks as normal? The delay on our shipping is at 2 weeks now, and still not received.

DOS call center 0830 to 1700 hrs. EDT.

202-663-1225 To avoid the intro message dial 1 then 0 after connecting.

Have GUZ # and beneficiary name and DOB ready for operator.

Best wishes !!

Thanks for this number. What does DOS stand for? I figured that calling the consulate would be best, but I tried calling the number on the Guangzhou consulate website, and it is no longer a good number. The number you listed appears to be a US number, so I'm curious what location it is, and how they would know what is going on at the Guangzhou consulate.

Thanks,

Bill

Fellers, DOS is Department of State and the number Roger gave you is in Washington, DC.

DOS is the boss of the consulates in the world and the operators you talk to will have your case in their computer, once it is logged in as loaded from the NVC. That is the number you can call to find when your case is open, the P-3 is sent, the interview date is set...and in my case, find out when yer lady in denied. :D

Good luck to all of you. Luck is what the interview is ALL about. ;)

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

How did they send the P3? Was it sent by "regular" mail or "EMS"? Was the address written in English or Chinese? Thanks.

The P-3 was sent to my wife, via EMS and it was in Chinese.

The P-4 also, the same way.

I was talking to Jie on webcam last night. She got real excited and started showing me the mail her sister just handed her that very minute. It was our P3! Pretty awesome way to get it, right there while we're talking to each other!

Jeff

I was talking to Jie on webcam last night. She got real excited and started showing me the mail her sister just handed her that very minute. It was our P3! Pretty awesome way to get it, right there while we're talking to each other!

Jeff

Congrat's on the P-3 !!!!!!! :D

The faster you return it, the faster you will get that P-4 and the interview date.......Don't forget to pay for an EMS tracking slip, so you can know it arrived at Shamian Is, and not worry.

Each step completed, is another great feeling !!!

Congrat's on the P-3 !!!!!!! ;)

The faster you return it, the faster you will get that P-4 and the interview date.......Don't forget to pay for an EMS tracking slip, so you can know it arrived at Shamian Is, and not worry.

Each step completed, is another great feeling !!!

Congrat on getting your P3. When you send it back to GZ, don't forget to writing down the EMS label's tracking # (the one you provide for your P4) so that you will know when GZ send it back to you!!

Thanks for the heads up guys. We'll do it. BTW, since I was sittin' there and saw it on the webcam with my own eyes, ours came EMS. I saw the big letters all over it. And, ... I guess I'm in the "56" group? As in, GUZ200856xxxx? So, what's a good guess for a possible interview date???

Jeff

Wow is right !!! Congrats to you and your fiancee. I think you now have the record for the fastest K1 sent to P3...not even 3 months. At this rate, since you've already sent in the P3, you should be about done in 2 months from now. This is completely unheard of, and a blessing I really hope you appreciate. Many of us here waited 5 months or more just for P2, so you are a very fortunate person. Best of luck to you !!

Wow is right !!! Congrats to you and your fiancee. I think you now have the record for the fastest K1 sent to P3...not even 3 months. At this rate, since you've already sent in the P3, you should be about done in 2 months from now. This is completely unheard of, and a blessing I really hope you appreciate. Many of us here waited 5 months or more just for P2, so you are a very fortunate person. Best of luck to you !!

yes, i feel very fortunate. i just hope the vo doesn't think things have moved too quickly.