• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I can make my wife understand how to get this label. Is there any alternatives to the EMS label that I can get here in the US?

http://www.ems.com.cn/products/e-guo-nei-main.html

I thought about this but after my wife learned to do the label then I felt there would be less chance of mistake if she did it versus me doing it here from this end as far as the Chinese writing goes.

Thanks Randy and Rob for the links!!!!!

Unfortunately I can make my wife understand how to get this label. Is there any alternatives to the EMS label that I can get here in the US?

I thought about this but after my wife learned to do the label then I felt there would be less chance of mistake if she did it versus me doing it here from this end as far as the Chinese writing goes.

IMO,You want it written in Chinese... otherwise it maynot arrive.

Guest Rob & Jin

IMO,You want it written in Chinese... otherwise it maynot arrive.

agreed, I dont think many chinese postal workers can read english :lol:

Hi, our case is still in NVC for CR1/CR2 , I am hoping next week we can pay $400 for IV fee then go with DS-230.

So, USPS is also OK and we need write down the visa applicant name and address in China on the Labels? Pls help me.

I checked with EMS in China and was confirmed we can not pay inadvance but pending mail . So, what is purpose for this kind of label? Is GUZ so lazy they do not want to write the Chinese or maybe then can not.

2 things Lucy.

1) You can pay that bill online now, and save some time.

Here is the link to the James' shortcut wiki we talked about earlier.

It has information to help make each step faster (I hope).

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...8IV_Fee_Bill.29

2) The purpose of the label is to help ensure the package actually gets to the applicant. The mail system to remote areas is often a bit unreliable, and if you can give them a good mailing label, the probability it will get to your loved one is higher.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, we are paying our AOS online, and waiting for the IV fee to be paind on line.

For EMS label, I am more confused now:

1. NVC ask Petitioner( my husband lives in Ohio, and act as my agent ) to provide together with DS-230?

2. Is this lable will be used by Guangzhou Embassy to send P4 to me( Live in Kunshan, a city about 100 Km west of Shanghai )?

3. Do we need write down my adress in Chinese?

Pls help to answer each question, thanks a lot for your help.

I saw your interview is schedule on 6/13, congratulations!

Lucy

Hi, our case is still in NVC for CR1/CR2 , I am hoping next week we can pay $400 for IV fee then go with DS-230.

So, USPS is also OK and we need write down the visa applicant name and address in China on the Labels? Pls help me.

I checked with EMS in China and was confirmed we can not pay inadvance but pending mail . So, what is purpose for this kind of label? Is GUZ so lazy they do not want to write the Chinese or maybe then can not.

2 things Lucy.

2) The purpose of the label is to help ensure the package actually gets to the applicant. The mail system to remote areas is often a bit unreliable, and if you can give them a good mailing label, the probability it will get to your loved one is higher.

Yes, we are paying our AOS online, and waiting for the IV fee to be paind on line.

1. NVC ask Petitioner( my husband lives in Ohio, and act as my agent ) to provide together with DS-230?

2. Is this lable will be used by Guangzhou Embassy to send P4 to me( Live in Kunshan, a city about 100 Km west of Shanghai )?

Lucy

Yes to all of the above.

2 things Lucy.

Lucy

Thanks, I write two EMS labels ( another one for my daughter ) and use DHL send to my husband now.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Lucy

Yes to all of the above.

She's finally got it now thanks to a wonderful CFL member. GZ will write their return address on the label.

When we got the OF-169 and DS-230, this is what was written.

[ ] MAILING ADDRESS LABEL:

Please get an EMS label from the China Post office and fill in the information required on the label (note: please write "Immigrant Visa Unit, American Consulate Guangzhou" in the sender's Company Name box, and write "No. 1, South Shamian Street, Guangzhou 510133" IN the Address box). Then return the label, together with the forms DS-230 part I and OF-169, to the Consulate. This address label will be used to send you the appointment packet.

I have the Chinese version as well so I will add it here, so maybe your SOs can go to the post office. We had no problems. In fact, the postal lady gave us 3 "just in case we made a mistake". Your SO just has to go to the Post Office and get the EMS Label.

[ ] ͨѶµØÖ·ÏêÇéµ¥

Çë´ÓÖйúÓÊÕþ¾Ö»ñÈ¡Ò»·ÝEMSÓʼþÏêÇéµ¥£¬²¢ÌîдҪÇóµÄÐÅÏ¢£¨×¢Ò⣺ÇëÔڼļþÈ˵¥Î»Ãû³ÆÒ»À¸Ð´ÉÏ¡°ÃÀ¹úפ¹ãÖÝ×ÜÁìʹÝÒÆÃñÇ©Ö¤²¿¡±£¬µØÖ·Ò»À¸Ð´ÉÏ¡°¹ãÖÝÊÐɳÃæÄϽÖÒ»ºÅÓʱà510133¡±)¡£È»ºó½«´ËÏêÇéµ¥Á¬Í¬DS-230I±íºÍOF-169±íÒ»Æð¼Ä»Ø±¾¹Ý¡£¸ÃÏêÇéµ¥½«±»ÓÃÒÔÓʼÄÔ¼¼ûÓÊ°ü¸øÄã¡£

Hope this helps!

Edited by xiaofeizhu (see edit history)

There IS an EMS label you can print here in the US or China:

http://www.usps.com/international/expressm...ternational.htm

It is called Express Mail International in the US and available in many countries.

Thanks!

Lucy

This is too make sure that it gets sent to the right location.....and helps expediate the situation.

jimncherry

2 things Lucy.

Credz, another question, when we print out DS-230 barcode from online payment system after we pay, is the EMS labels mentioned on this barcode ?

As we should send our DS-230 before we get the mail from NVC, I worry my husband will make mistake on the EMS labels if he does not any EMS instrudtion from the online print barcode sheet. I use DHL mailed to him , I write my name and address, but I did not write the sender( Guzhangzhou Embassy ) name and address, do you know if we will have any problem not writing Guangzhou embassy name and address ? Someone is saying we need write down Guangzhou embassy name and address as the sender.

Pls help me. Thanks a lot!

Lucy

2 things Lucy.

Credz, another question, when we print out DS-230 barcode from online payment system after we pay, is the EMS labels mentioned on this barcode ?

As we should send our DS-230 before we get the mail from NVC, I worry my husband will make mistake on the EMS labels if he does not any EMS instrudtion from the online print barcode sheet. I use DHL mailed to him , I write my name and address, but I did not write the sender( Guzhangzhou Embassy ) name and address, do you know if we will have any problem not writing Guangzhou embassy name and address ? Someone is saying we need write down Guangzhou embassy name and address as the sender.

Lucy

Lucy please look at the link Credzba gave to you. It has all the info. The barcode only contains the GUZ number. The sender portion of the EMS label will be filled out by the Consulate at GZ.

As far as when to send the DS -230, the instructions in the link will tell you when the right time is for sending this document.

2 things Lucy.

Lucy

Lucy please look at the link Credzba gave to you. It has all the info. The barcode only contains the GUZ number. The sender portion of the EMS label will be filled out by the Consulate at GZ.

As far as when to send the DS -230, the instructions in the link will tell you when the right time is for sending this document.

Hi, did you look at post#24 replied by Xiaofeizhu under this topic? She is saying we should fill in Sender( Guangzhou Embassy ) name/address too.

James' shortcut mentioned about the EMS labels, but did not say clearly if we need sender's name and address, so where did you get this information that we need not do? Just a double check since I do not want with my husband asap and do not mess my documents waste time.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Lucy