:sweating_buckets: I've been watching other CFLer's get thier P2 (K1 visa) who filed at the CSC and it appears I've been overlooked. The website says they are working on October filings but most who filed in November have already moved to the NVC. I'm happy for everyone's progress and hope things continue to move ahead quickly :ok:

My concern is that I screwed up the paperwork and I can expect delays and an RFE in the future :headbang:. Should I start calling them and try and find out what's up or is that a waste of time. My Lily is worried that something is wrong and frankly, so am I :unsure:

Is my lack of patientence showing....... :crazy:

You can call USCIS, but more than likely the operator will not have anything to tell you, and will instruct you to wait until 30 days past the filing date posted on their site, and then call again.

Is my lack of patientence showing....... :sweating_buckets:

Certainly, your love of some one is! Best of luck...

Try not to worry, I would double check all the copyls of my petition maybe you can find the mistake your self if there is one. I think you should get something soon, but if not just try and be prepaired. If you do get an RFE it wont be the end, just give what they want and you should be fine. Its rare that they would denie your petition.

I am a CSC Nov CR-1 filer. I will be hitting my 180days in just a couple of weeks. For the times I called USCIS, I had no luck with them. They always tell me wait and wait. I just want to tell then that, "Yes, I'll wait, and hopefully I have that long life to wait for another thousand years for you to look at my file." I understand those USCIS operators have nothing to do with the actual CSC approval, but I am just so upset. Sorry...

• 1 month later...

:sweating_buckets: I've been watching other CFLer's get thier P2 (K1 visa) who filed at the CSC and it appears I've been overlooked. The website says they are working on October filings but most who filed in November have already moved to the NVC. I'm happy for everyone's progress and hope things continue to move ahead quickly :ok:

My concern is that I screwed up the paperwork and I can expect delays and an RFE in the future :headbang:. Should I start calling them and try and find out what's up or is that a waste of time. My Lily is worried that something is wrong and frankly, so am I :unsure:

Is my lack of patientence showing....... :crazy:

Ok guys.....It's been 193 days and no sign of my file being 'touched' or anything. Now I know that most have not waited this long.....is there a phone # that will allow me to talk to a live human being in the CSC who can let me know if my file is held up for some reason? I think it is sitting on someone's desk and they have died or stuck it under something else like this months issue of 'Make um Wait" inter-office memo.

:helpsmilie:

You should be calling USCIS to find out on your status.

It's about 150 days but you are past that.

Here is a real life sample of a wait to get his P-2

Took 9 months....his calling did not seem to speed it up but it can't hurt.

Good luck.

5-5-2008 P-2

04-10-08 Touched

04-09-08 Touched

04-09-08 Received phone call from the Senators Office

03-28-08 Called USCIS today. Web site shows that my application is outside of its processing date will not do any research until the application is 30 days outside of the submitted date. BS Received

03-28-08 USCIS just posted 03-15-08 I am now out of date.

03-06-08 Touch

03-05-08 Touch & Transfered back to USCIS for processing

03-05-08 It has now been 6 months since I filed the I-129F

02-29-08 Return letter from USCIS advising to use the web site BS Received

02-10-08 Letter to USCIS California Service Center requesting assistance

02-10-08 Thank You letter to Congressman

02-07-08 Letter to my Senator requesting assistance

02-04-08 Letter from Congressman BS Received "Lost My Vote"

01-28-08 Letter to my Congressman requesting assistance.

12-15-07 Letter to NBC requesting why I-129F was sent there. - NO Reply

12-03-07 Called the USCIS to check why I-129F was sent to NBC BS Received

11-27-07 Called the USCIS to check why I-129F was sent to NBC BS Received

11-27-07 Touched

11-26-07 Called the USCIS to check why I-129F was sent to NBC BS Received

11-26-07 Touched forwarded to the NBC National Benefits Center Unknown why

09-05-07 USCIS Logged the receipt of I-129F

09-04-07 Received USCIS

08-31-07 Mailed I-129F to USCIS California Service Center

193 days is a little long. Ours was 186 days way back in 2003 when congressionally mandated asylum petitions shoved K-1s to the back burners. It may help to get a congress person to get involved. Sometimes they can nudge the process back in motion. Lost petitions do happen but it is pretty rare.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally.....225 days and I get P2 :yahoo: , funny :sosad: thing is I received a letter 2 days ago saying my case is being held up for my background check and I should call them if I don't hear anything after 6 months :redmad: . I guess my job did cause delays due to my security clearance is in the middle of my 10 year re-investigation. Ten days ago I contacted the USCIS by phone, sent a letter to the ombudsman and contacted my congresswoman asking them all for :bangin: . Maybe that is what got things moving but at this point I know that this is only the next step with many more ahead. :headbang:

ANYWAY..... :D :clapping: :toot: :yahoo: :coolthumb: :victory: :D :bounce8: :lol:

Regarding your security clearance ... I suggest you keep your security officer informed of the fact you have this visa in progress and also provide periodic updates of where you are in the process if you have not done this already.

You shouldn't have any problem with your collateral clearance effecting the visa or your future wife effecting your collateral clearance. If you have other clearances it can sometimes be an issue but again I'd recommend being proactive and briefing the other security officers also.