Will China be doomed by corruption?

Guest Tony n Terrific

I could only dream that I could have been dealing Chinese style with our visa. ;) And I'm certainly not trying to moralize on here, but self proclaimed senior military types that try and moralize and attempt to bullsh.....well....let me just say, maybe some believe their own rhetorical bullspit...I don't. :( I call a spade a spade, and I know one when I see one as my eyes aren't blindred with scrambled egg type innuendo and thinking.

Some jokers are just dang lucky Ollie North didn't turn their sorry butts in...of course, that's cause Ollie isn't a rat. :D

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

OK, tsap ... we have differing opinions regarding corruption etc in the military. I suppose we also had different experiences during our military service and our time in combat. Neither of us will ever convince the other to change viewpoint. I respect your right to have your opinion.

.... even though you're wrong!

:sosad:

i hope the Army has changed since I was in but corruption was rampant in my battalion. The supply Sgt had a good business going selling all kinds of things to civilians. The Mess Sgt had a good business selling cases of steaks to restaurants while instructing the cooks to make SOS for troops. At the rifle ranges the Sgt would shoot up all the left over ammo John Wayne style so they wouldn't have to count it.

i hope the Army has changed since I was in but corruption was rampant in my battalion. The supply Sgt had a good business going selling all kinds of things to civilians. The Mess Sgt had a good business selling cases of steaks to restaurants while instructing the cooks to make SOS for troops. At the rifle ranges the Sgt would shoot up all the left over ammo John Wayne style so they wouldn't have to count it.

Sad, never saw this while I was in, but things may have changed since Patton was in command?? :) :) :D ;) :D

Just kidding, could not resist................... :sosad:

OK, tsap ... we have differing opinions regarding corruption etc in the military. I suppose we also had different experiences during our military service and our time in combat. Neither of us will ever convince the other to change viewpoint. I respect your right to have your opinion.

.... even though you're wrong!

:P

Jim ol' boy, I gave up trying to live in a fantasy world many years ago and I would NEVER try and change your viewpoint on anything. :helpsmilie: At the same time, I won't sit back and let you make silly statements when I saw so many kids die from the corruptions of so called senior officers, maybe you chose to turn the other cheek to the whole thing. I respect your right to turn that cheek, but that's part of the reason america is in the trouble it's in today. Self proclaimed senior officers turning the other cheek to the insanity for the sake of their careers.

I'm gonna keep my responce to you very low key in an attempt to not have the mods delete our conversation.

In the future I want to have the freedom to talk with you about Vietnam..."in specifics" (without the past smoke clouds of "that's classified" truth hiding nonsense) as I feel that with a very few questions and comments that everyone would quickly have a very interesting view point on one of us and I don't want to lose that opportunity. ;)

Corruption in the military, "my" opinion? Now THAT's funny. You've got quite a gift for comedy Jim. :helpsmilie: ;)

Different experiences in our time in "combat"?

Yes, while I slept on a small cot in a tent with nightly incoming, I always knew "where" I was flying from and "I" could answer that "direct question" to someone on CFL (back in 2007) that asked me a question like that. :D

I would greatly enjoy a debate...in public ;)

tsap seui

Living in the real world with both feet firmly planted on the ground, head completely out of the clouds.